HARRISON FORD...SERIOUSLY

Pages: first 123 next last
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
First it was Indiana's Bones and the Prostate of Doom--er--sorry, I mean, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Then he's getting a leading role in the upcoming Star Wars VII, while Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher hang back in "important, but much smaller" roles. Now he's also going to be reprising his role as Rick Deckard in a sequel to Blade Runner.

These people do know this man is 71, right?
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

On an unrelated topic:

author=pianotm
Sorry, can't resist.
author=kory_toombs

You don't want to duel with the Dragon.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Ford ages like a fine wine. He could be in every movie, I would never get tired of it.
pianotm
Oh, I like Harrison Ford, he's great. Still, as Jay Leno once said, if they keep this up, he'll be raiding his own tomb. Oh, and Kory...

author=kory_toombs
On an unrelated topic:

author=pianotm
Sorry, can't resist.
author=kory_toombs

You don't want to duel with the Dragon.

I'm no pushover either...
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I think I'm overall insulted by the idea of having more Star Wars movies. They should have left it where it was. Disney is going to destroy the franchise.

Mesmeric Orb? Don't know why that's there. But Ajani is easy enough to deal with.

author=LockeZ
Ford ages like a fine wine. He could be in every movie, I would never get tired of it.

That. Harrison Ford has incredible charisma. He's way up there now, but every woman I know still wants him and every guy I know would love to drink with the guy. He seems like a genuinely cool guy judging from candid videos and such as well.

Plus there's this:

Tau
RMN sex symbol
It's surprising he has an actually fear for public speaking with bad social anxiety. You would never think it. But yeah Harrison Ford is a great actor, always has been & he'll do a fine job in the new Star Wars movie as long as they acknowledge he's much older now. He's aged very well unlike Mark Hamil, seriously what the hell happened to that guys face.

This is the first time I'm learning of them making a Blade Runner sequel, they don't even need to really and it's not like it was a huge success financially either. That's so odd.
Harrison Ford's a grumpy old man now. Well sure, he's over 70, but in every movie he's in these days he looks like he just doesn't want to be there and he just keeps phoning in every performance. Did you see that Ender's Game movie? He sounded like he was going to fall asleep any minute. I don't know why he keeps acting anymore, you'd think he's got plenty of money already.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=kory_toombs
I think I'm overall insulted by the idea of having more Star Wars movies. They should have left it where it was. Disney is going to destroy the franchise.

What makes you think so? I mean, they're handling Marvel pretty well right now.

Oh, and it's hilarious that Ford, and all the old, drunken actors from the original trilogy are going to be in this movie. Isn't the dude going senile at this point?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I will take a senile Ford over an energetic LaBeouf any day. Plz Lucas, do not start making Mutt Jones movies, plz.
He seems to be getting a bit... ...slow? Is that offensive? I dunno how else to describe it. I just mean his speech is getting slow and he's taking a lot of time to answer questions when interviewed and such... and it also shows in his latest films. Maybe I'm just hearing things, but he doesn't sound his full self nowadays. :(
He's aged very well unlike Mark Hamil, seriously what the hell happened to that guys face.

You complain about his face? His face was never a nice one... Better look at his body. Looks like crap.
LockeZ
author=Amy
He seems to be getting a bit... ...slow? Is that offensive? I dunno how else to describe it. I just mean his speech is getting slow and he's taking a lot of time to answer questions when interviewed and such... and it also shows in his latest films. Maybe I'm just hearing things, but he doesn't sound his full self nowadays. :(

Well, he also has a slight tendency to show up for things drunk, which might be part of that. He was drunk off his ass at his own comedy central roast a few years ago.

He seemed to be at the top of his game in both Ender's Game and Cowboys & Aliens. He's getting cast as older characters, so obviously he's not acting like a 35-year-old when playing those characters, but he's doing a great job at the roles.
author=Tau
He's aged very well unlike Mark Hamil, seriously what the hell happened to that guys face.

If I remember correctly he was in a car accident before or during the filming of Empire Strikes Back. In the beginning of the movie he gets a scar from the fight with the snow creatures and keeps that throughout the series.

I did a google and this came up:
http://seanmunger.com/2013/07/18/faceoff-the-squirrely-legend-of-mark-hamills-car-crash/

But this is why his face is maybe slightly weird.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
You won't find many 71-year-olds that are willing to do action movies, that's for sure. Unless it's something like RED, which was fricking awesome. Helen Mirren plus machine gun is a recipe for success.

Star Wars is going to be absolutely fine, it's a J J Abrams flick, and he rejuvenated the Star Trek series as good as anyone could I reckon.

But Blade Runner 2 will probably suck because Ridley Scott hasn't made anything good in years. He's really fallen off. I'm not concerned about Harrison Ford as being old and washed-out, rather I'm concerned that Ridley will turn out another Prometheus (in its defense, it wasn't a horrible movie, but it wasn't Alien-worthy by a long shot).
pianotm
author=kory_toombs

Mesmeric Orb? Don't know why that's there. But Ajani is easy enough to deal with.

Well, the Mesmeric Orb was just make losing your library and putting your graveyard in its place from Paradigm Shift a little more inconvenient, but let's up this a bit...

@CashmereCat Personally, I loved Prometheus. As for Abrams, he's famously a Star Wars fan, as in NOT a Star Trek fan. His writers are the Trekkies. Hopefully that means we won't have another disaster like Into Darkness. Blade Runner 2...How can you make a sequel to it?
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@pianotm Lol you call Into Darkness a disaster whereas I liked it.

Blade Runner 2 could have an awesome sequel if you had someone like Alfonso Cuaron at the helm. He's the pioneer for everything visually stunning (Gravity, Children of Men) and you can get Hampton Fancher and David Webb Peoples (I believe Hampton is already involved in the new sequel which is good) to write this thing.

But holy crap get Michael Green off the writing team, Scott! We don't need another Green Lantern (he wrote that). Geez!
pianotm
Seriously! It was remake of the Wrath of Kahn...literally ass-backwards!
Then Kahn's magic blood brings Kirk back from the dead.

Oh, just saw the Mark Hamill discussion.

author=Mark Hamill
"I had the accident way before Star Wars came out, but what really happened has been terribly distorted. I broke my nose, that's it! But I've read accounts about how my face has been reconstructed with plastic surgery and how I was pulling myself along the highway with one arm looking for help. I even heard that I drove off a cliff! That's the best one of all."

His face just looks that. (Sorry, Mark)
Pages: first 123 next last