FINAL FANTASY XV

This game is going to change things...and not in a good way, imo.

All this crap they put into this game makes me seriously wonder what the hell this is going to cost. Not that I'll be spending a dime on it, mind you...I'm just curious considering all the money that's been spent already hyping this game all throughout the galaxy and back again.

This game makes me feel odd. I really feel like nothing is going to be the same again after this comes out. Maybe it shouldn't be released at all... :\
author=Kindredz

All this crap they put into this game makes me seriously wonder what the hell this is going to cost. Not that I'll be spending a dime on it, mind you...I'm just curious considering all the money that's been spent already hyping this game all throughout the galaxy and back again.

This game makes me feel odd. I really feel like nothing is going to be the same again after this comes out. Maybe it shouldn't be released at all... :\

You guys are a bunch of melodramatic killjoys. It's going to be a Final Fantasy game for around 60 bucks, not the harbinger of the apocalypse.
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=Kindredz

You guys are a bunch of melodramatic killjoys. It's going to be a Final Fantasy game for around 60 bucks, not the harbinger of the apocalypse.

...so you won't help me steal Obama's time machine to stop this from happening?

Edit: Melodrama on a video game forum. Whodathunkit?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Feldschlacht IV

In the wrestling world we call these type of fans 'smarks'.

It's a game about a freaking road trip with the lads. How do you NOT instantly love this?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
DOUBLE POST
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
not like i can play it until squenix puts it on pc in 2-3 years. thankfully, their pc ports have been some of the best so far (for the 3d games. those poor, poor snes games). and, hopefully, it'll be $20 then like Lightning Returns was.

tbh if it's anything like LR i'll be interested, because LR was an incredibly fun game, but man noctis seems annoying.
author=Yellow Magic
author=Feldschlacht IV
In the wrestling world we call these type of fans 'smarks'.

It's a game about a freaking road trip with the lads. How do you NOT instantly love this?

...because I'd rather take an actual road trip with actual friends, not a simulation of a road trip with a simulation of friends and friendship. "Realistic looking hamburgers! So many realistic food options! You can actually run out of gas and have to keep your car maintained! Now you can enjoy real life without having to bother with enjoying real life! This is what you want!"

There's been some impressive grooming done over the years. I tip my hat.

Edit: Oh, and about the $60 cost thing. One of my best friends has always handled marketing for me so I admit to not being an expert on the subject, however, with the amount of hype they are putting out(and spending on this game), several playable demos released already(who does demos these days other than the people on this site? And didn't they go through the trouble of patching a demo?), all the spent on Marketing, releasing details on your party and how they interact with each, releasing details on playable characters and npcs, that "Are you more interested in FF XV or Persona 5" survey(wtf was that?) and freaking 10(TEN!) years of development...and you seriously believe that this game will only be $60???

I will eat a brick and shit it out if this game is only $60. That was quite a laugh...thanks for that.
I don't understand why you're so upset over a video game that nobody is forcing you to buy.

The industry has changed, is changing, and will continue to change and no one singular event is going to rain meteors on the entire medium.

author=guy
...because I'd rather take an actual road trip with actual friends, not a simulation of a road trip with a simulation of friends and friendship.

This is a false criticism; with that logic, why simulate any experience with movies, games, books, etc? 'A story about this is dumb because I can do it real life' is an 8th grade argument.

author=guy
Edit: Oh, and about the $60 cost thing. One of my best friends has always handled marketing for me so I admit to not being an expert on the subject, however, with the amount of hype they are putting out(and spending on this game), several playable demos released already(who does demos these days other than the people on this site? And didn't they go through the trouble of patching a demo?), all the spent on Marketing, releasing details on your party and how they interact with each, releasing details on playable characters and npcs, that "Are you more interested in FF XV or Persona 5" survey(wtf was that?) and freaking 10(TEN!) years of development...and you seriously believe that this game will only be $60???

This is also a dumb argument; the amount of marketing and hype Square Enix spent on FF15 (aside from the development time) you've just described is no different than any AAA game ever in recent history, and you know what the asking price for those games? 60 dollars.
With the amount of bitching going on you'd think it was the Final Fantasy 7 Remake topic or something.

Anyways, I am tentatively interested in FF15. It's one of the reasons I MIGHT buy a PS4 in a few years. Some of it looks interesting, but some of it looks really dumb, tepid and annoying. So I don't know. Gonna wait until it's out and totally exposed so I know what it's actually about, I guess.

It looks about a trillion times better than 13 ever did, that's for sure. But for the time being FF9 HD is all I need.
Craze
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsVhwsUFaDE

anime about/for a game that isn't out for half a year
How long until Tabata takes over KH3 from Nomura too?

(I'm betting we'll hear about it in a year and Nomura will get delegated to 'creative consultant' role or something)
author=SgtMettool
I don't understand why you're so upset over a video game that nobody is forcing you to buy.

The industry has changed, is changing, and will continue to change and no one singular event is going to rain meteors on the entire medium.

Lol. I guess my posts must seem angry in your eyes...that's fine. Is this not a discussion forum, though...for people to discuss? Or do I have to get your discuss things in a way to appeals to your own sensibilities?

Pardon me for actually discussing something. If you'd like, you can go back to watching the forum die while people post once every few months.
author=Feldschlacht IV
author=guy
...because I'd rather take an actual road trip with actual friends, not a simulation of a road trip with a simulation of friends and friendship.
This is a false criticism; with that logic, why simulate any experience with movies, games, books, etc? 'A story about this is dumb because I can do it real life' is an 8th grade argument.

author=guy

This is also a dumb argument; the amount of marketing and hype Square Enix spent on FF15 (aside from the development time) you've just described is no different than any AAA game ever in recent history, and you know what the asking price for those games? 60 dollars.

Lol...are you an adult? What I'm trying to say is that the marketing method used is quite similar to other methods that I've seen and participated in which the intent to the soften the blow of the inevitable steep cost of this bloated game. I guess I'm not the only business owner here since you're so confident and well informed...we'll see what September brings.
Yes, I am an adult.

author=Kindredz
What I'm trying to say is that the marketing method used is quite similar to other methods that I've seen and participated in which the intent to the soften the blow of the inevitable steep cost of this bloated game.

And what I am saying is that the idea that the game's cost will be bloated due to the marketing process that almost every other AAA game also utilizes has no real precedent in the realm of video games, which is the only relevant precedent to use. Anything else is a false equivalency.
Okay, let's talk figures then.

It's 10/31/16 and Final Fantasy 15 has been released for about a month or so at a price of $60. I'll be generous and say that the game sold 2 million copies over that month's period. That's 120,000,000.

Let's underestimate Final Fantasy 15's development team at about 400. I'll even be a nice and lowball everyone's salary at 20k, each. Everyone, including overpaid management...20k each. That's 8 mil a year.

10 years...80 million dollars. 120 in the first month minus 80 for salary alone? 40 million profit, right?

Now let's deduct benefits...let's lowball that 10k a year, per employee. 4 mill a year multiplied by 10 years...40 mill, which is what we just made. We're now at zero.

Now let's discuss Marketing, Employee Attrition, scrapping the entire game TWICE, changing platforms for the game, creating an anime, hiring animators for the anime, hiring actors for the anime, hiring "big name hollywood" actors for that english version of that anime, hiring voice actors for the game...do I really need to continue?

Let us also not forget that during the long development time for FF15, most of the japanese have abandoned console gaming and shifted to mobile. Expecting ALL of those people to move back just for this game is a stretch so that increases the pressure on sales in other markets.

If this game releases at $60 then it would need to sell more copies than all of the prior FF sales numbers combined. And again, I purposely low-balled costs in this estimate. Releasing this game at $60 would be insanity.

Edit: Oh, I forgot. SE would likely only make around $30 for each $60 unit sold, so cut all of the income numbers I listed earlier in half. People weren't kidding when they say this game will either save or totally obliterate SE.
In other words, it should be around the $60 for Australia, just like Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 and all those other delicious AAA games that came before it. You know, because they'd be idiots not to.

They'll probably release a special collector's edition series, though, which will rake in the bank.
Craze
kindredz is michael burry your idol or something

i like the game's weapon system.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
There is a demo/thinly veiled technical showcase up on the PSN. It is not great; targeting is next to impossible, the camera is atrocious, and the weapon switching, while novel, is woefully underrepresented. Also, I got it to freeze up when I stepped onto one of the transformation pads. I'd heard good things about the last demo, so I'm perplexed - was it rushed so it could come out alongside the stream?

Fortunately, the first thing that happens is that you get a text message from Carbuncle, so at least it's not dour.
author=Craze
kindredz is michael burry your idol or something

i like the game's weapon system.

Oh, you know a name!

No, I just have sense and logic. Now you don't need these things to access the internet, clearly, but those traits help when you want people to believe that you know what you're talking about. Or I guess I could just insult people and say "you're wrong" with no facts or figures like others have done.

I mean, I'm not friends with any of you here but I recognize screennames from years ago and it's sad that many of you don't seem to have grown at all. Many of you seemed to be quite intelligent...and talented! What have you done with that? As big as you guys talked all those years ago, I expected to see threads about your finished games, working for major developers or starting your own companies, wedding, divorces, etc...or not seeing the same at all because you're too busy with life...but nope! Same old names, same old threads, same old snarky mentality for damn near a decade. Hell, in just the last few years the gaming market itself has drastically changed...anyway, that's neither here nor there because again, I don't personally know any of you so if love your life then do you, bros.