MAPS WEEKLY!

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Let's make maps!
Themed maps!
Let's make them every single week of the year.
What is the purpose, purpose of this thread? I am aware screenshot survival and this is gonna be mostly about screenies too. The Goal is different, tho. My goal is to improve my mapping skills. And everyone's who is willing to join me. We can provide ourselves feedback one each others works.
You can happen not having an active project at any given time and just be lustful for map creation. You passionately can inspire yourself with this thread's current theme and make something (and post it here).

Past themes:
-Bridge
-Marsh
-Volcano Lair
-Clock Tower
-Saloon
-Wasteland
-Item Shop
-Sewers
-Forest
-Science Lab
-Houseboat
-Mountain Village
-Floating Island
-World Map
-Lovecraft
-Hideout
-Tower Defense
-Post-apocalypse
-Prison

New theme is revealed every Wednesday.
I suppose I can join you on this. =)
Trihan
"It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff."
If I were a more cynical and less trusting person I would suggest this topic might be intended to steal map designs because you can't come up with your own... ;)

If I get time I might take a stab at this, I could use mapping practice.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Woot. I'm in too. Although I'll have to think hard before I know what to do with a bridge. :I

Edit: I guess I'll just cry me a river and get over it.

Kidding though. Srs gonna do this. Hopefully.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
This is actually a pretty good idea. Are there any specific requirements regarding the engine or tilesets used?

Also, are we allowed to apply effects like colour tone, fogs etc., or do the screenshots have to be plain maps with nothing else?
This is a cool thread. I'll probably try to whip one up tonight.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Everyone, feel welcomed. Everything is allowed as long as you are improving your mapping skill and work with theme. You can post either whole map or screenshot.

I'm glad you like the thread.

Welp, here's mine. Gives me an excuse to test out my custom tiles.

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Nice! Your tilesets getting cuter every day.
Only flaw is that your bridges kind of floats in above the water and there is missing cliff's side. But You know that, I guess.

Edit 2: Dat was so terrible attempt i had to cut it out.

NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Here's my attempt at the bridge map. I had to edit a few tiles, and I'm not entirely happy with some of the edges of the bridge and its lack of proper shadow effects. But overall, I'm quite pleased with the result.

Good 'ol RMXP stuff. =) I would have made a castle scene with a bridge as well but my tiles are nowhere near complete for that.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Nice,
XP's chipsets simply have something to them.

This is my second and final attempt. I believe, that its slightly better than previous one. Chipset is courtesy of Tau (Tau's link).

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Hey,
the first week have passed and we have three entries so far. That's not bad for a first week. And bridge themed map is pretty harsh to be made. I appreciated every single one of them (like Yuchino's and NeverSilent's).
The next one should encourage everyone to join in as there are resources you need within any RTP. Yep, We are about to make some
Marsh
themed map beauties. Cuz it is March and it kinda rhymes. I hope, You'll release something too.

Peace and Love!
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Oh dear, I hope I can make it in time for this week. I won't be able to use RPG Maker until Monday... I'll try to get it done, but I may be late. Sorry.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
No worries, there will be other weeks (and hopefully other mappers).
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
Oops, I missed the first one. I'll subscribe to this thread now, I don't want to miss out again. :S

(...I might make a bridge map as well just because :P)
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance

I really need to work on mapping so here's a marsh map.

And here's a bridge.

(The tileset is the Old School Modern pack which I bought for a buck during the bundlestar sale because I just couldn't resist.)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
I just want to go fishing for Pokemon in that water, Ebeth. It reminds me a bit more of a pond than a marsh, but overall a really nice location. One small oddity I noticed though: There seems to be grass at the bottom end of the log that lies in the water. That doesn't really feel right.
Ebeth
always up for cute art and spicy gay romance
@Never Silent
Updated it without the grass. My reasoning was that grass and stuff grow in the water of swamps/marshes and it might make look more marshy and less pond-y.

Maybe more water would make it look more marshy?

EDIT: Updated original marsh map & added a bridge map
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Cool,
Old School Modern tiles are so luvely. I was tempted to buy them myself, but then somehow forgot to do so. I'm so buying them next time there is a sale on Steam.

Here is my submission for this week. Pink is more swampy color than marshy a so is the map. But there is no real difference between these two. Just that for me Swamps are on Florida and Marshes in Wales. Such a nonsense.
I used my minimalistic (ugly) tiles I made for Mace Blue.