WHAT ARE SOME REALLY FUNNY RPG MAKER GAMES?

unity
You're magical to me.
author=Sated
That's your opinion. Thankfully, we're all allowed one or a lot of games on the site would be considered trash... at least if you're the only one allowed to judge.
I've written 63 reviews. 2 of them have given games a half-star rating, and 4 have given a one-star rating. It's not common for me to give review scores that are that low. As such, the assertion that "a lot of the games on the site would be considered trash" probably isn't true. A lot of the games would be mediocre, but most of everything is mediocre.

Ironically, both games that I've given a half-star rating have been mentioned in this thread. I find that funnier than I found either of those games.

That's probably because humor is extremely subjective. Some people can find some things extremely hilarious while others can find them stupid or pointless. I'm not discounting your opinions, but the fact that some people enjoy these games that you've given a half-star just illustrates the difference in taste.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Sated
I never said that there wasn't a difference in taste. I also don't claim to speak for anyone but myself. If people want to recommend games that I don't like then they can go ahead; but what let's people say those games are good is what let's me say they're bad and I'm going to use that right =/

Go right ahead. But I have the right to point out your opinion isn't necessarily more valid than anyone else's. Acting like it is when you're judging something extremely subjective just makes you look silly.
Ooh, time to stir the pot:

Is humor really subjective?

First, I understand the argument that it's subjective. Some people find things funny that other people don't. I get that. However, some people enjoy Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, but you can't call that an objectively good film. This is because although the set pieces and special effects are good (I assume), the movie doesn't do anything to break out of well-established narrative territory.

Isn't comedy the same? Comedy comes out of a shared cultural context. It mostly functions on subverting expectations. A hundred years ago, if you shot a silent film of a man slipping on a banana peel, the audience would be chortling and twirling their oil-slicked mustaches in delight. Once it becomes well-trodden territory, an audience sees a banana peel and then knows that a pratfall is about to come. If the pratfall does come, it's not funny. If the director played with audience expectations, then it might work. Maybe the actor slips on the banana peel and slams into paint buckets. Maybe several actors step around the banana peel in weird ways. In this way, the director subverts the expectation and can get laughs out of a shared cultural context.

Now, if you were to put a standard banana peel pratfall in a current film played totally straight, hipsters would be twirling their oil-slicked mustaches in disgust. The gag doesn't work anymore because the joke has been established for a century. Of course, someone might not have seen a banana pratfall yet, so they might find it funny. In that way, yeah, comedy is subjective. However, I think comedy builds on itself like any other cultural thing: art, architecture, writing, film, music--hell, even professional wrestling. Saying that comedy is completely subjective is a good way to protect people's feelings, but I also think that it's misleading.
unity
You're magical to me.
Hmm, interesting. In some manner, you can objectively judge humor. You can look at, like you said, how much it's been used, what the ultimate payoff is. You can look at what's being referenced, mocked, and the reasons why it connects (or doesn't) with the audience.

At the same time, there are so many different ways to tickle someone's funny-bone and it totally differs from person to person. I can crack up giggling at something that no one else finds funny. I can be totally bored by something that has someone else rolling with laughter.

I'd like to argue that point alone gives merit to some games (or any medium) where there are a large group of people who like it while others can use some sort of metrics or data to measure it as being terrible. But you could argue that the same thing happens with everything else: sometimes, people just like things that aren't very good. For me it's a bit fuzzy.
I have to admit that I keep distance to games who advertise that they make fun of RPG tropes/clichés. In those games, one or more of the following things will happen:

1. The 'clichè' solely exists in 0-1 games out there, save for other parodies featuring it. Bonus points if it references a story event in Final Fantasy 7 (A game far, far away from generic RPGs).

2. Clichés featured in other RPG styles than JRPGs never make it in. I'd be interested if the game made a nod to d20 systems or first-person RPGs...

3. They get things wrong when making a reference to a certain game.

Bonus point: The protagonist is a teenage boy with spiky hair and a giant sword. I have yet to see such a character who isn't a Cloud Strife parody...
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=LightningLord2

I don't see the point with this one. In my opinion the worst part is that advertisement. You're breaking the posse by this warning.
author=Cap_H
author=LightningLord2
I don't see the point with this one. In my opinion the worst part is that advertisement. You're breaking the posse by this warning.

I suppose I should be more clear about it - when it's a minor detail that's incorrect or simply an exaggeration/overthinking of the idea, that's fine. Problematic is when something is clearly being referenced and the stuff happening has no base on what is being parodied.

tl;dr: If you want to parody a clichè, make sure it actually exists.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Sated
author=unity
author=Sated
I never said that there wasn't a difference in taste. I also don't claim to speak for anyone but myself. If people want to recommend games that I don't like then they can go ahead; but what let's people say those games are good is what let's me say they're bad and I'm going to use that right =/
Go right ahead. But I have the right to point out your opinion isn't necessarily more valid than anyone else's. Acting like it is when you're judging something extremely subjective just makes you look silly.
I never said that my opinion was more valid than anyone else's. I simply gave it.

Haha, someone said they like a game and you countered by calling it absolute trash and then comparing it to stuff that comes out of your butt, and now you're saying you didn't present your point as somehow being more worthy than their's. You then went on to list all the info about reviews as if that gave your opinion more weight. Simply giving your opinion would just be disagreeing, not acting like you had a righteous vendetta against the game.

I've never played said game, so who knows, maybe it deserves the hate? But as a reaction to "hey guys, I think this game is funny," your reaction was totally overblown. Hey, maybe that's just how you do things. But it honestly doesn't do you any favors and makes you look totally self-important.
C'mon now, people. Never expected you unity of all people to jump on.

Yes, it seemed overly aggressive for stating it may not be as funny as other people think./for some people.

But it also is overly defensive to go on and on about how you can't just throw shit at people "for their tastes". So let's all leave it as it is.

I find Corporal Buggy Bear dreadful, for example. While many here love it. Stating that is both an opinion and a reminder for people who may get disappointed by the recommendation.

It's a game. Sated hates it, and now he told us he didn't mean to be on offense and attack other people's opinions. Let us accept that, ask him he may do so more subtly if we want that, and be done with it.
I'm sure he didn't want to create drama with it.

So Sated, please state your opinion a little bit more neutrally, then people can be sure you are just stating it as your opinion and do not mean to do anything about other peoples'. And nobody will have anything to complain about.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Kylaila
C'mon now, people. Never expected you unity of all people to jump on.

Yes, it seemed overly aggressive for stating it may not be as funny as other people think./for some people.

But it also is overly defensive to go on and on about how you can't just throw shit at people "for their tastes". So let's all leave it as it is.

I find Corporal Buggy Bear dreadful, for example. While many here love it. Stating that is both an opinion and a reminder for people who may get disappointed by the recommendation.

It's a game. Sated hates it, and now he told us he didn't mean to be on offense and attack other people's opinions. Let us accept that, ask him he may do so more subtly if we want that, and be done with it.
I'm sure he didn't want to create drama with it.

So Sated, please state your opinion a little bit more neutrally, then people can be sure you are just stating it as your opinion and do not mean to do anything about other peoples'. And nobody will have anything to complain about.

As someone who has never played the game he was calling out, it tells me absolutely nothing to hear "this game is absolute shit, I've written reviews about how shit it is, it is totally worthless in ways that I don't have time to actually mention here in any sort of detail."

But you're absolutely correct. Derailing the topic for that was not called for, and I apologize for my behavior.
Just because someone writes a lot of reviews doesn't mean they're good reviews. It just means there's a lot of them. Saying someone's opinion counts for more because they share a lot of their opinion on things doesn't mean their opinion is valid.

You called the game trash. I disagree. And a lot of people have enjoyed it because it's a decent game. There are a few issues with it like the fact it uses mismatching graphics, and that it's a cancelled demo - not a full complete game - but otherwise it's a decent game.

But hey, if you'd like to play the 'more than you' game let me just say that the amount of games I am up to is about the 2000 mark - RM games that is. So I'd say I have a fairly good basis of what is a trash game and what isn't. Experience counts to make opinion more valid, I believe. But whatever, you believe it to be trash - let me just say that that is, once more, your opinion and many others would disagree. Now let's get back on topic.

Funny games.

A Traitor's Hold was amusing in some areas. It isn't really laugh out loud funny but it had some good bits.

Cave Adventure R also had some comedic bits too, and it's quite short.

Sellsword was pretty good, character-wise, though it might be an idea to hold off until the battles are fixed up a bit. Still, the writing was humourus.

Quest Twilight Prince Prophecy Chronicles is stupid hilarious and short to boot.

Super Battle Kiddo Extreme had some humour and it's a good game to boot.

Honestly, a lot of the games in the Comedy tag aren't really comedies at all, which is sad. It's like people thought 'Oh, my game has one line that makes me chuckle. Let me add Comedy as a genre.' Makes it hard to pick out the good, proper comedy games.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=_______
sonic and the chaos dragons

That was funny because it was so bad and surprisingly accurate to the piss-poor direction the Sonic franchise was taking at the time.
author=Ratty524
author=_______
That was funny because it was so bad and surprisingly accurate to the piss-poor direction the Sonic franchise was taking at the time. is still taking.

Fixed that for you.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Pizza
author=Ratty524
author=_______
That was funny because it was so bad and surprisingly accurate to the piss-poor direction the Sonic franchise was taking at the time. is still taking.
Fixed that for you.

Hey, while his most recent game, Sonic Boom, is a buggy, rushed atrocity, at least it didn't go into evil gods, overabundance of useless playable characters, and other elements that didn't belong in a Sonic game (other than not being a true Sonic game... Meh >_>).
author=Ratty524
author=Pizza
author=Ratty524
author=_______
Fixed that for you.
Hey, while his most recent game, Sonic Boom, is a buggy, rushed atrocity, at least it didn't go into evil gods, overabundance of useless playable characters, and other elements that didn't belong in a Sonic game (other than not being a true Sonic game... Meh >_>).

Oh, well, if you're talking about story wise then yeah, it's the standard badly written modern Sonic fair (a la Sonic Adventure/2 and such, instead of "crimes against art" a la Sonic '06).

If nothing else it made for a hilarious Game Grumps series.