ANY DOCTOR WHO FANS?

Pages: 1
Ok, So recently about a month ago I started watching Doctor Who (The reboot) And I'v made it up to series 3, and almost finished with it. And I have to say this is one of the best shows I ever watched! Any other fans that would like to talk about it? Also since I'm somewhat still new to the show, please no spoilers. For the reboot or old series. (I have also seen some of the old series as well)

Heres a list of my favorite episodes from so far (From what I'v watched at least this will obviously change when I watch more, also these are not ranked this doesn't count the old stuff I haven't watched enough, just little bits and pieces from YouTube not full episodes yet.

1. Girl in the Fire place (S2)
2. Empty Child/Doctor Dances (S1)
3. Dalek (S1)
4. School Reunion (S2)
5. Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit (S2)
6. Human Nature/Family of Blood (S3)
7. Blink (S3) Just watched this one today!
8. 42 (Yes I know people seem to hate this episode but I liked it)(S3)
9. Rise of the Cybermen/Age of Steel (S2)
10. Father's Day (S1)

My favorite Doctor would have to be a tie between Eccelston and Tenant. My Second favorite would have to be Tom Baker (Just for the line "Would you like a jelly baby"
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Tom Baker has a ton of brilliant lines. Have you watched Genesis of the Daleks, yet?
author=pianotm
Tom Baker has a ton of brilliant lines. Have you watched Genesis of the Daleks, yet?

Not yet, I'v only seen snippets of some of the old series not full episodes yet. I haven't had many chances to watch them yet, I have the first three series (Reboot) on DVD. I don't really know of anywhere to watch the old series I don't have Netflix. What I have seen is just small you tube clips. I am looking forward to watching the old series if I can actually find where to watch them.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I grew up with the classic series, and I've come to realize that I'm a bit biased. I understand now that they can be harder to get into thanks to monsters in rubber suits and cheesy practical effects. You can find full episodes on Daily Motion.

My favorites for each Doctor:

1. For William Hartnell, The Dalek Invasion of Earth
2. For Patrick Troughton, The Mind Robber
3. For Jon Pertwee, (Toss up) The Terror of the Autons and The Three Doctors.
4. For Tom Baker (this is hard because so many are good), Genesis of the Daleks, but also, I must point you to the Key to Time story-line which takes an entire season.
5. Peter Davison had the first Children in Need special, The Five Doctors, and my favorite regular episode was The Caves of Androzani. Mind you, he has the worst episode of all the Doctors, Warriors of the Deep, but it's got a so-bad-it's-good vibe to it. You can blame Margaret Thatcher's election for that.
6. Colin Baker is probably the least popular Doctor, but I really enjoyed his too short run: Mark of the Rani, The Two Doctors, and Trial of a Timelord are all must-sees.
7. Sylvester McCoy had probably the worst run, but he was an excellent Doctor. My favorites are The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, Battlefield, and the final story, Survival. Remembrance of the Daleks also has some good popcorn moments (especially Ace beating the crap out of a Dalek with a baseball bat).
author=pianotm
I grew up with the classic series, and I've come to realize that I'm a bit biased. I understand now that they can be harder to get into thanks to monsters in rubber suits and cheesy practical effects. You can find full episodes on Daily Motion.

My favorites for each Doctor:

1. For William Hartnell, The Dalek Invasion of Earth
2. For Patrick Troughton, The Mind Robber
3. For Jon Pertwee, (Toss up) The Terror of the Autons and The Three Doctors.
4. For Tom Baker (this is hard because so many are good), Genesis of the Daleks, but also, I must point you to the Key to Time story-line which takes an entire season.
5. Peter Davison had the first Children in Need special, The Five Doctors, and my favorite regular episode was The Caves of Androzani. Mind you, he has the worst episode of all the Doctors, Warriors of the Deep, but it's got a so-bad-it's-good vibe to it. You can blame Margaret Thatcher's election for that.
6. Colin Baker is probably the least popular Doctor, but I really enjoyed his too short run: Mark of the Rani, The Two Doctors, and Trial of a Timelord are all must-sees.
7. Sylvester McCoy had probably the worst run, but he was an excellent Doctor. My favorites are The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, Battlefield, and the final story, Survival. Remembrance of the Daleks also has some good popcorn moments (especially Ace beating the crap out of a Dalek with a baseball bat).

Thanks for the recommendations I'll be sure to watch these when I can!
Pages: 1