[RM2K3 / GENERAL] FRAMES

Pages: 1
Hey guys! So, in rm2k3 we have this option to add a frame...

Has anyone actually got around to ever use it? (rm2k3 or not since this is easily doable through pictures and whatnot) It looks kinda silly to me and I'm not sure this even deserves a topic but what's the point of a frame? I don't know, it's just a little odd... Old PC games used them a lot! But they had a huge ass resolution and I think this was just their way of covering space without having to make, idk, 48x48 tiles.

unity
You're magical to me.
Wow, has that always been a built-in option? I never noticed it.
and that's what i'm talking about
unity
You're magical to me.
Can you turn the frame on and off, or is it stuck there? If you can turn it on and off, I suppose you could use a cloud-like one for dream sequences or something?
I'm not sure you can do that... But I think you can change the frame graphics yes. I'm pretty sure the idea was to emulate Princess Maker or something though
Lol I always wondered why this feature was included, when yeah, the effect is easily achievable via pictures and whatnot.

Rm2k3's resolution is pretty minuscule as it is though. >_~
idk, I don't think it's that small as it is.
Not speaking about pixels but about tiles per screen:

rm2k/3: 20x15
RMVXA : 17x13

rm2k3's resolution is pretty huge compared to the snes for instance, and that makes 16x16 character games look slightly off.
...oh man, you could use this to create a sort of HUD system. Just change the frames. >.<;

Also, useful in battles to give a certain stylised look, or during minigames and the like, but otherwise... not that useful.
OH! That'd be pretty useful for HUDs indeed! Way better than pĂ­ctures -- you could just use pictures for the bars and such. Noice!
Also the frames don't continue in battle -- unless you're talking about eventing a CBS of course ahah
Pages: 1