FROGGE'S MAPS WORKSHOP

Pages: first 1234 next last
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
Watashi Wa Sensei Froggy, and I have some maps for you! I'm also up for commisions for a tiny bit of money! (PM me for more details)
Spoopy Librarie

White Room

Sweet Tooth

Retro Houesie!
Frogge
Ahaha yeah I saw quite a few people doing maps for money on deviantart and tumblr, so I figured, ''hey might aswell do it too!''.

Hold onto your butts everybody, this one's a gif.
Frogge
Last time, we had a spoopy library. This time, we have a fantasy library!

I didn't like the shading, so I decided not to use any.
Frogge
It's been a while since I made an exterior map
Frogge
Palm tree madness
author=Sated
People pay people to map for them? For some reason (whether or not it's logical) I find that incredibly sad.

Hmm, it happens more than you'd think. XD I made $50 last week just churning out a couple of MV maps.

These are looking good, Frogge. :) Is your approach for the exterior maps entirely parallax?
Frogge
Why thank you :,) That means a lot coming from you!
Also, with the exteriors, what do you mean? If you are asking if I always do parallax mapping, I don't :3
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Sated
People pay people to map for them? For some reason (whether or not it's logical) I find that incredibly sad. But hey, I can map, so maybe I should offer to map for other people as well!

As long as they're not using a newer engine hahahahaha.

It would fall under "level design" so I'm sure you can get paid for it.

@Frogge: These are nice maps! Some thoughts:

> The Palm Tree one makes no sense because palm trees don't grow underwater, and they tend to be a considerable distance from the shoreline.

> In the same screenshot, the seawater in general looks a bit like a lazy effort. Wet sand wouldn't look blue, it would be darkened from the clear-colored liquid that is water. Instead of blurring the edges of the water, you might want to add some white-ish "seafoam" to make it a bit more convincing.

> For the fantasy library... Light beams don't work that way. The edges of the beam should be way more sharp than you have it. Also, is there a specific reason why the light is blue?

> For the White Room, the only thing is that I'm not sure about having the sink facing in that direction. Also, putting a tub directly on the purple rug goes against how tubs are installed; it 'ought to be moved to the tiled floor. It even blocks the cabinet where whoever uses that bathroom needs to access their cleaning utensils. lol?
I always keep a pile of logs in the middle of my library.
Ratty524
author=kentona
I always keep a pile of logs in the middle of my library.

You need that firewood when you're working late in the winter semester in college! :P
Frogge
author=Ratty524
@Frogge: These are nice maps!

Ahaha thank you X3

author=Ratty524
> The Palm Tree one makes no sense because palm trees don't grow underwater, and they tend to be a considerable distance from the shoreline.

It's called ''surrealism''. Ok fine it isn't. I know that palm trees are usually away from the water, but I kinda went for a bit of eye candy here(even though it does not actually look that good). But if the waves are too strong, they could maybe reach the palm trees? I dunno.

author=Ratty524
> In the same screenshot, the seawater in general looks a bit like a lazy effort. Wet sand wouldn't look blue, it would be darkened from the clear-colored liquid that is water. Instead of blurring the edges of the water, you might want to add some white-ish "seafoam" to make it a bit more convincing.

Whoops forgot about that haha, and yeah that white sea foam is actually a nice idea. Tbh I never mapped a beach before, so this was still the first time I did something like this.

author=Ratty524
> For the fantasy library... Light beams don't work that way. The edges of the beam should be way more sharp than you have it. Also, is there a specific reason why the light is blue?

Because I'm an idiot and forgot that lights are white

author=Ratty524
> For the White Room, the only thing is that I'm not sure about having the sink facing in that direction. Also, putting a tub directly on the purple rug goes against how tubs are installed; it 'ought to be moved to the tiled floor. It even blocks the cabinet where whoever uses that bathroom needs to access their cleaning utensils. lol?

Sink? What sink? There ain't no sink there! Do you mean table maybe?
Ratty524
author=Frogge
But if the waves are too strong, they could maybe reach the palm trees? I dunno.

If that wave is only moving a few pixels in-game, then I'm not buying that! :P

author=Frogge
Because I'm an idiot and forgot that lights are white

They're actually a variety of colors, depending on the light source you are dealing with. Light emitted by the sun/torch tends to be a bit yellow/orange-tinted. It's important to go out and observe these things!

author=Frogge
>
Sink? What sink? There ain't no sink there! Do you mean table maybe?

Frogge
Ooooh that one
I thought you meant this map XD

And yeah I see what you meant now. That kinda makes sense, but I wanted to shove the sink somewhere in there, so I did X3
Frogge
I got featured on the front page! Yay!
Oh, you map very well! I'd pay you(if I couldn't map for myself haha!)

But yes, very pretty maps~ I especially like the map with the flickering tv!
Frogge
author=Gourd_Clae
Oh, you map very well! I'd pay you(if I couldn't map for myself haha!)

But yes, very pretty maps~ I especially like the map with the flickering tv!
Ahaha thank you :) I did make the gif a little too fast, it's supposed to be static X3

Playing around with Pop Horror City to see what I can do with it
I'm really not a fan with how the tree leaves are shaded, at all. Especially that one in the middle. >.<;
also, the 'grass' and ground tiles have basically the same pattern which is very busy. The map itself is pretty good, though.
Frogge
author=Liberty
I'm really not a fan with how the tree leaves are shaded, at all. Especially that one in the middle. >.<;
also, the 'grass' and ground tiles have basically the same pattern which is very busy. The map itself is pretty good, though.

Looking at it that way, I actually completely agree with you. Blame Shaz!
The map itself is a prototype(if you call it that)for the entrance to the final area in the game(most of it takes place in a manor but the ending takes place in a bunker). The tinting in game at that area will be pretty strong though, so it does cover up some of the shading.
Pages: first 1234 next last