TWITTER EMBED RMN OUTDATED

Pages: first 12 next last
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
So, since it was not getting proper attention elsewhere, I wanted to bring it here. RMN seems to be using an outdated method of using twitter embed codes, which involve a widget ID which, since twitter's newest embed was released, is no longer applicable.

I am hoping the site can maybe be updated to use twitter's new code. I imagine people who made the widgets when twitter had the IDs, can still use them, but new ones using the new embed method will not work.

My embed method works just fine on tumblr, but not here.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
The new one? The ones created through the normal twitter bit works for me, at twiter.com/widgets (soz I can't link rn, I'm on phone >•<) but I don't think it's in any way "outdated", but maybe the link on the gampag maker should be changed to reflect the one that works?
Vandriette
twitter.com/Widgets no longer exists~

RMN's embed feature is outdated
author=Phantasmi
So, since it was not getting proper attention elsewhere, I wanted to bring it here. RMN seems to be using an outdated method of using twitter embed codes, which involve a widget ID which, since twitter's newest embed was released, is no longer applicable.

I am hoping the site can maybe be updated to use twitter's new code. I imagine people who made the widgets when twitter had the IDs, can still use them, but new ones using the new embed method will not work.

My embed method works just fine on tumblr, but not here.

Yes sir. Right away sir. I'll stop everything to fix your twitter sir.
In other words: There's a ton of other things that are being done on the site and it will be gotten to eventually, but patience is a virtue so chill. It's on 'the list'. We're all volunteers here, after all.
Vandriette
@Ank
Perfect gender assumption meme moment

author=Liberty
In other words: There's a ton of other things that are being done on the site and it will be gotten to eventually, but patience is a virtue so chill. It's on 'the list'. We're all volunteers here, after all.

Yes, I am aware of that, it's no issue, I just felt odd how it worked for everyone else except for myself.
Pretty sure ankylo wasn't assuming your gender but making a point about demands and feeling like a servant.

If there's an issue with just your twitter I'd have to assume it might have something to do with your account/computer/set-up/etc instead of RMN twitter being the issue. Unless others chime in to say it's not working for them, of course, but no-one has so far, so... It's a fair assumption.
Vandriette
author=Liberty
Pretty sure ankylo wasn't assuming your gender but making a point about demands and feeling like a servant.

If there's an issue with just your twitter I'd have to assume it might have something to do with your account/computer/set-up/etc instead of RMN twitter being the issue. Unless others chime in to say it's not working for them, of course, but no-one has so far, so... It's a fair assumption.

It was a joke~ I'm being playful~ No, I understand.

And no, RMN uses a different twitter code. I was able to post to tumblr just fine.

EDIT: i'll go to twitter and create a widget, copy and paste the code twitter gives me into the rmn box, and it says invalid embed code on rmn. The very same code works perfectly on tumblr

it's not a big deal, I understand the staff is busy~
Well, the twitter thing is still relatively new to the site so it's not going to fit every person's desire for what they want out of it. Perhaps just stick to the basic twitter feed instead. That seems to work well enough for everyone.
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Yes it does Phant, I literally checked it yesterday.
Vandriette
author=Kloe
Yes it does Phant, I literally checked it yesterday.

yours works. Your widget must have been created before twitter uses the new embed method. Since, the code you showed me, shows a widget ID. which does not work anymore. Also, the url you showed me as well says it doesn't exist

This is twitter's new widget system
https://publish.twitter.com/#

which is the only way it lets me create a widget
Vandriette
author=Liberty
Well, the twitter thing is still relatively new to the site so it's not going to fit every person's desire for what they want out of it. Perhaps just stick to the basic twitter feed instead. That seems to work well enough for everyone.

I'm trying to do the timeline thing, you know, that shows tweets.

I'll just, you know, not use it, for now, I guess.
Vandriette
author=Sated
author=Liberty
Added functionality isn't the problem, Libby. The problem is that Twitter have changed their embed coding for external feeds, so only people with the old-style of embed code will get them to work (like mine currently do). If RMN doesn't update, then new users won't be able to embed Twitter feeds.

The new-style of embed coding looks like this and doesn't work:

For reference, the old-style of embed code looks something like this:

<a class="twitter-timeline" href="[url]https://twitter.com/Sated86[/url]" data-widget-id="619838950509838336">Tweets by @Sated86</a>

thank you, I probably wouldn't have been able to say it better myself, since I suck at explaining things, which others have actually noticed, lol
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
That happened to me too, but I removed that second part (everything after the </a> tag) and my widget works fine. Try that.
Vandriette
author=Red_Nova
That happened to me too, but I removed that second part (everything after the </a> tag) and my widget works fine. Try that.

I think someone else here recommended that to me, still no dice, says invalid for me. I will need to wait~
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
Of all the things that seem important, the ability to directly embed a twitter seems like it'd be around number fifth-to-last on the list.
relax people, I'm working on it!
Sooz
They told me I was mad when I said I was going to create a spidertable. Who’s laughing now!!!
I am physically incapable of relaxing.
Pages: first 12 next last