WHAT VIDEOGAMES ARE YOU PLAYING RIGHT NOW?

Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I tried bulmabrief's Oracle of Tao yesterday and...

Sorry man, I think Xenomic was too nice with his review. I haven't played more than about 20 minutes of it and it already shows itself to be an incohesive, unplayable mess.
author=Sated
author=Rine
Just finished Undertale...gonna play it some more though, game is -so- good.
Undertale is a good game the same way that Britney Spears is good singer.

After playing halfway through, it's not bad, but it's not the be-all end-all that a lot of people make it out to be. There's a lot of cute, a lot of funny and a lot of frustration. It has some pretty neat ideas and it manages to pull off the gameplay well enough to make you forget you're basically playing space invaders in RPG form. Basically.

It is an interesting game, though, and there's some really good ideas in there, too, and a lot of crazy-cute characters, which is where it gets its appeal for most people. At this point I'm playing for the sake of the characters, not the gameplay (which I, personally, am not a big fan of).

Britney Spears is a decent singer. Not the best, not the worst but lauded by some as a good fun listening experience - just like this game, I guess. Huh. XD
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I'll agree, Undertale isn't the be-all end-all, but it's probably one of the best RPG's that's come out in years.

Personally I'm shockingly bad at bullet hell games, which is essentially what gameplay is, but the story and charming characters kept me going till the end of a true pacifist run.

What I really get hooked on is the almost Yume-nikki worthy existential creep in the late game. I'm not going to spoil anything beyond that because this is a game you really wouldn't want to have spoiled.
Everyone seems to hype Undertale up, which makes me wary. The last time someone hyped a game up to me, was my brother telling me Fallout: New Vegas was the best thing since sliced bread, and that bored me to tears.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
To no one's great surprise, least of all my own, Fallout 4 is taking up hours of my life comparable to a day job this past week. And for the foreseeable fucking future.
Ratty524
Tried out The Elder Scrolls: Arena tonight.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEWWWW this game is hard and it really shows its age! This game cuts you no breaks at the start of it (at least until I realized those nooks were supposed to mean something. After the first dungeon, I'm at a total loss as to where to go from here, and now I'm wondering around humongous, bland landscapes with nothing going on, at least until some random guy kills me for no reason and I have to start over from my last save. D:
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Yeah, that was the only Elder Scrolls game I was never able to get into. Died over and over again on the first dungeon and threw up my hands and said fuck this and did something else. I've never actually been able to get Daggerfall to load on any of my machines, and I'm still really curious whether it will skew more towards Morrowind (amazingly great super-crack) or Arena if I ever manage to coax something to run it.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Max McGee
To no one's great surprise, least of all my own, Fallout 4 is taking up hours of my life comparable to a day job this past week. And for the foreseeable fucking future.
How am I supposed to make these fuknin gams when all I can seem to do is play other pepples games??

I haven't acquired anything in ages. Undertale is the last game I purchased, not long after I pre-ordered Just Cause 3.

I don't have time for all these games, gosh golly gee whiz!

Currently, I've not been playing anything outside of my own testing. But on December 1st I think is when JC3 launches.

Dear god why.

Also! I'm going to my first convention on this coming Saturday, Supanova. I've been incredibly cheap this week so I can go and spend if I see something I really want. About to buy tickets.

I was considering cosplaying as Jade. Since I have long dark brown hair, but I'll probably just wear my space shirt, some black slacks and maybe a black hoodie (depending on temperature). I already have glasses.

Ratty524
author=Max McGee
Yeah, that was the only Elder Scrolls game I was never able to get into. Died over and over again on the first dungeon and threw up my hands and said fuck this and did something else. I've never actually been able to get Daggerfall to load on any of my machines, and I'm still really curious whether it will skew more towards Morrowind (amazingly great super-crack) or Arena if I ever manage to coax something to run it.

So far, setting up DOSbox right to be able to run Daggerfall has been a hassle in of itself, so I understand where you are coming from.

----

I just got back to playing League of Legends after 3-5 months? They are already at season 6, and the mastery page is something else... I don't know if I can ever keep up with this game.

... but HOLY SHIT POPPY REWORK OMG OMG SLAP ME I MUST BE DREAMINNNNG!!!<3
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update-poppy-keeper-hammer
i recently got into League (like I downloaded it earlier this week) cuz a friend... convinced me to join up. played a good amount of co-op against AI matches with him (level 5 rn), and he says i'm pretty decent for a beginner. I hope so. also oh my god Jinx is so fun to play as wow
...also impulsively started a new game on Etrian Odyssey. despite having been planning on writing a story with the guild i had before i started the new game. I guess i can... write a story with this new guild? (god i'm never gonna finish EO2. or 3. Or Untold 2. sighhhh)
i never write what i'll begrudgingly refer to as fan-fiction but I need to write anyways and I can write about literally anything so... why not? I really wanted to write about something EO-related anyways.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
author=Ratty524
... but HOLY SHIT POPPY REWORK OMG OMG SLAP ME I MUST BE DREAMINNNNG!!!<3
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update-poppy-keeper-hammer

AHAHAHAAA dear lord that ultimate. It sent my sides in orbit, much like the enemy!
Lately I've been playing Doom 3. I never played it back in the day; it struck me as such a departure of the Doom series (and it is), but I've been itching for some Doom so I finally gave it a try... And I gotta say, I grew rather fond of its dark corridors and cramped spaces. I ended up modding it to add a tiny flashlight to the guns, but that was enough for me to "fix" the game. I loved the Hell level above all; they take away all your guns and pit you against one Hell Knight after another. Now, that's what I call fun!

...can hardly wait for the new game. =P
author=alterego
Lately I've been playing Doom 3. I never played it back in the day; it struck me as such a departure of the Doom series (and it is), but I've been itching for some Doom so I finally gave it a try... And I gotta say, I grew rather fond of its dark corridors and cramped spaces. I ended up modding it to add a tiny flashlight to the guns, but that was enough for me to "fix" the game. I loved the Hell level above all; they take away all your guns and pit you against one Hell Knight after another. Now, that's what I call fun!

...can hardly wait for the new game. =P

Yeah, I always felt DOOM 3 got kind of a bad rap, or at least more than it actually deserved. The horror atmosphere is absolutely ace- it's one of the few games where I actually felt tense and scared of the environment, but without feeling the game as overbalanced in favour of the enemies.

That being said, the gun mechanics and level design were really, really lacking, and it showed. I never got very far in it, because after a while it stops being fun having 4 or 5 of basically the same gun pitted against waves of basically the same enemy. As a side note, I never had the flashlight issue since I played the BFG Version, which lets you have a gun and a flashlight at the same time.

I'm also tentatively excited for DOOM 4, although less so after the absolute trainwreck that Fallout 4 was. I'd like to think that these days Bethesda might fare better with a linear game though, so while I won't be buying it at launch or at full price I'll definitely be picking it up.

I've been playing both Link's Awakening DX and Cities Skylines recently, and loving both. LADX is a breath of fresh air after Minish Cap, and so far is one of the better Zelda titles I've ever played- due to having a decent amount of challenge and giving the player a lot of agency in exploring and puzzle solving. Cities Skylines is all that Sim City should have become, like everyone has said. It's a great balance of depth and simplicity and it's a total joy to play as a breather from work.
Ratty524
Started playing Undertale after it was gifted to me, and oh my god... I was always sold by the charming dialogue presented in the screenshots but I'm going ga-ga while playing this.

The introductory puzzles were kind of meh, but the tongue-in-cheek humor and the quirkiness of everything had me laughing out loud. I kind of dig the bullet-hell styled mechanics of the battle system, too, not to mention its core mechanics of finding ways to befriend or spare monsters instead of fighting them. It really gave me a feeling that I was in control and not forced into preset actions like typical RPGs.

I probably won't join the fanbase, but so far I'm enjoying everything I'm playing. I also love Papyrus.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I was thinking about The Phantom Pain, and SPOILERS
In MG, it is known that Dr. Pettrovich Madnar is the father of robotics, and creator of TX-55 Metal Gear.
Yet in Peach Walker, Dr Emmerich makes Metal Gear ZEKE. And in MGSV, Metal Gear Salethopansbsyebsjavdb. So, wtf? Where is Madnar?!

I was searching it out, squeezing Google for answers, when it hit me!
"Venom Snake" was involved with the Afghanistan Metal Gear, and ZEKE was a secret to the world.
When Venom is subplanted in Big Boss's Outer Heaven, only to be killed in MG. He has moved to the location where Madnar was working on TX-55 all along. Fantastic! Such a simple solution to a simple problem I was staring too deeply into...

TL;DR- Dudesoft is slow.
I'm currently playing Stella Glow, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Zelda: Triforce Heroes, Borderlands 2, and Persona 4 Golden. Soon I'll also be playing Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I've been playing way more handheld stuff lately since I can get away with doing that during the downtime at my job. I've made amazing progress on my backlog this year, haha.
Still plugging away at Angry Birds Epic. Pooping time is still one of my few 'spare time' moments and ABE is perfect for this.