NOT IMPLEMENTED ERROR (RM2K3)

Pages: 1
I remember having this error way back but forget how to fix it. This happens whenever an MP3 is played in rm2k3 or in test play/regular play.

Reinstalled rm2k3, overwrited rpg_rts etc. Nothing really seems to work, this errors with ANY mp3 with ANY project so I'm fairly certain it's the program itself. Google doesn't help.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Did you try re-encoding the MP3s in question to a CBR bitrate and removed all ID3 tags? RM2K3 isn't as robust as media players when it comes to playing MP3s. Some MP3s won't produce any sound at all unless its encoded strictly in a manner which RM2K3 can decode, so I wouldn't be surprised if it also threw errors out on particularly weird MP3s.

Aside from the MP3 itself, what audio codec do you use to decode MP3s? Any chance any programs would be conflicting with RM2K3 over the sound card (rare in this day and age)? Do your media players (Winamp, Media Player Classic, WMP, etc.) playback MP3s properly?
I also know that problem, I remember of installing a codec for troubleshooting, but I forgot its name. KingArthur's post smote me an idea, did you install another driver for your sound card, Darken? I read of getting this message when you've installed a wrong driver, or one that doesn't work properly (doesn't support mp3 and so on, if I ignore the codec itself). A system recovery might also be a help if you have really installed another driver or, as KingArthur wrote, installed a codec package.
KingArthur
I'm not suggesting the installation of a codec package, rather I'm asking if there's any problems with whatever codec setup is being currently used. Most of the time, MP3s are handled by Windows' own MP3 decoder, but one could always install other codecs to override that for better or worse.

As for codec packages, they fail and installing them uninformed will more often than not result in lots of pain. ffdshow is the closest I'd use to a "codec package" and ffdshow is still a single codec based around libavcodec.
I should read properly coz I've read change instead of chance, and haven't read the rest of your post. Args~ it's late here in Germany, I should go to get some sleep.
post=108593
Aside from the MP3 itself, what audio codec do you use to decode MP3s? Any chance any programs would be conflicting with RM2K3 over the sound card (rare in this day and age)? Do your media players (Winamp, Media Player Classic, WMP, etc.) playback MP3s properly?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'decode MP3s' like convert from WAV to MP3 or something? Also mp3s play back just fine on any media player. Oh and it turns out VX won't play mp3s!
KingArthur
Computers need software (a "codec", pretty much a dictionary of the format) to read ("decode") MP3 files, lest the computer doesn't have the slightest clue what an "MP3" is.

Judging by the fact RMVX fails to play MP3 files, I smell a bad case of codec conflict or RM2K3 and RMVX's inability to utilize the codec installed.

Exactly what media player did you use? I remembered that Winamp won't be a nice control since Winamp has its own MP3 decoder codec inside it. If you used something like Media Player Classic which has no internal codecs, then we're on to something.
I used windows media player, also media player classic works fine as well.
Do sounds (WAVs) work at all? OGGs in RMVX? Or is it just MP3s being wacky?
KingArthur
http://rpgmaker.net/users/KingArthur/locker/ToP_SPC_DesolateRoad.mp3

Let me know if RM2K3 and RMVX can play that. It's an MP3 encoded at 160kbps CBR stereo and I can confirm it plays in my copy of RM2K3 flawlessly.

If you can play it, that means the MP3s you're using need to be re-encoded. If it doesn't play then it most likely means a problem with the codecs involved and not RM2K3 or RMVX.
The song you gave me didn't work at all so how would I fix the codecs?
KingArthur
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/kingarthur6687/audiocodecs.jpg

Follow the steps I outlined and take a screenshot of the audio codecs currently installed. Also, check to make sure "Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec", which is the default MP3 codec installed in Windows XP, is in use by checking its properties.

If you're running Vista or Windows 7, then the default MP3 codec might probably be different as well as the steps I provided being utterly useless, but it should point you in the right direction. Can't really judge where to start unless we know what audio codecs are installed and running first.

Also, run the DirectX Diagnostics tool (Start -> Run -> "dxdiag") and make sure everything under the "Sounds" tab is in working order. Again, might be different if you're using DirectX10, but it can't be that different.

EDIT: On that note, what OS are you running anyway?

Windows XP, the dxdiag was pretty standard. Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec seems to be in use, priorty is 10.
KingArthur
I'll be honest: I'm stumped. There's nothing out of the ordinary in the installed list of codecs.

The case being that RM2K3 and RMVX fail to play MP3s while normal media players can suggests that there's something going on between RM2K3 opening the file and passing it off to the codecs involved. Annoying part is I can't figure out what that is going off the clues there are (read: none). ;_;

I can at least say this, though: RM2K3 and RMVX aren't directly at fault since that MP3 I linked above should have been in full working order.

*Goes to ponder* ;_;
Guess I'll be using my laptop for all my RM related things until you figure something out. But thanks for the ultra tech support dude. :D
Pages: 1