BADASS MAPPING CONTEST

you could, but there would be no point doing that because it would be very blatant and not in the spirit of the contest at all and your entry would (hopefully!) be thrown out and burned

if you really wanted to cheat you could just mock it up in photoshop...

rule #5: don't be a piece of shit
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Less yakkin', more mappin'!
:P

I hope no one would be that dishonest in a fun community event such as this.

rule #5: don't be a piece of shit
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Welp I'm disqualified then
author=LockeZ
So if I make a 1280x480 map in RM2K3
Take a screenshot of it
Load that screenshot as a panorama in RMXP
And then take a screenshot of that
I can submit it?

Well, that is a valid way to break the rules, I just don't understand why do you think you'd have such a huge advantage by posting a larger screenshot.
As a piece focusing on two dueling characters, a smaller screenshot would really be the way to go anyway.

(Although limiting the screen size based on the editor is kinda silly imo)
@calunio: I think his point was that the resolution limit should be the same for any rpgmaker, not that posting a larger screen is better.
I might be wrong though :P
it essentially is. read it again.
One question, I'll use the Rpg maker Xp.
And I needn't to twice lenght or hight, need I?
I can give just a Screen 640x480, have I understood it right?
And last question, my Screen have to be posted in this thread or is it getting to you per private message?

Greetings from germany,
diäitsch
Yes, it can be 640x480.

And you should post it here, in the topic.

Thanks for participating!
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari
I think I'll join....could be fun! ^_^

You can use tile sets you made right? I have a cactus, red wagon, building and desert tile sets I made for an old game idea of mine. Could be fun to use. :D

Just have to whip up some character sprites and a Panorama for the background.

My one's already finished and I can say it was fun.
Working several hours on one screen, to mess it up with the others.^^
Anyway, I'll use the remaining time we have for it. Perhaps I'm going to change the one or other detail. :)
Hope there will come many screens together. ;)
Tau
RMN sex symbol
I think I'll pass up this one, but start my one next week or something. Hope you guys join in for that one too.
Ketsumio, sure, you can use any graphics.
dia if you want you can post the screenshot now and change it before the deadline!
Tau cool, hope you wait until after this one's deadline, so things won't get confusing. ;)
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari
That is great news!!! Since I am able to use any graphics, I used some of my old stuff. And was able to whip this up. I might change some things around.
But as long as people get a giggle out of it...it has done the job!

"Willy Walrus caught Crusty Donuts jelly handed... and he wasn't planning to let C.D. make the train."

EDIT: Opps forgot to say it is RPGmaker VX. My bad....
I might make some later for an American History based RPG I may make some time in the indefinite future, though I don't know if I'll release them for this contest
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Entry by LockeZ. Cowboy vs. Samurai duel.

Created in RPG Maker XP. 20x20 tile map.

I'm trying not to comment on the maps because I'll be one of the judges, but I like what I see so far. :D
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Hahaha, Ketsumio, the dueling donut is awesome!
LockeZ: Is that XP RTP...? Either way, those buildings look really "old west" and gritty!
LockeZ
No, it's not RTP, except for a few pieces (doors, water, rope, road) which were edited to varying extents. The rest of it is a combination of tiles from a couple tilesets I found in my giant folder of hundreds of downloaded tilesets. Lord only knows where I originally got them. Mostly by googling for RMXP resources or RMXP tilesets, I think. Like most of my more recent work, the tileset as a whole was assembled piecemeal as I went, with the saturation/contrast edited to make the tiles from different sources match more closely.

I actually had some nice wanted poster sprites that I couldn't figure out a way to include. Oh well. The main problem is that they were gigantic, like as tall as a person, and if I shrunk them you couldn't tell what they were.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I was planning on making a "Cowboy v Samurai" duel scene, mostly inspired from "The Warrior's Way" but decided against it.

And those old west buildings are awesome Lockez!
~
Nice custom graphics Ketsumio, very unique!

I think I might post a larger screenshot of my Duel Scene, just because it shows so little in comparison to the others.
Better start scouring the web for resources!