WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

I thought that movie was awesome despite some critics.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Liberty
God. Damn. It. Humanity. Ugh. How about we not build roads on ancient historical sites, eh? >.<

I hear Interstellar was pretty awesome. I'm going to have to check it out.

Wasn't the first time, won't be the last, Belize's record in regard to protecting it's antiquities isn't great, but then again the Mayan stuff gets less publicity than the Aztec, though it does get more than the Tolmecs. I'm just glad that the courts threw out all the mining licences the Govt had approved for off-shore drilling. The big blue hole is a stunning geographical site and dive spot and it would have gone the way of the dodo.

Interstellar is fun, it's got continuity and plot issues not to mention some questionable justification but suspend disbelief and strap yourself in and it's a fun ride.
author=Liberty
Honestly, I'm with Lockez on this one... HOWEVER! I fully expect games that do this to fail and don't believe it will become a way of life. And by fail I mean that companies will get too greedy and people will just not play those games. They won't make the cash they want so they'll have to find another way or just move on to something else. I see maybe a handful of these kinds of games actually working but it'll soon fade out.

See, I know a lot of people who played the Facebook games and ones like Candy Crush and the like, but how many games on this kind of platform can you name that made it big, in comparison to games outside of it that made it big? Not quite as many, I'm afraid, and while a small handful of games might make it the hundreds that don't will 'prove' it to be a bad business model for any who don't have a great, addictive game.

I'd say it is a rather short-sighted model. Because it is just a way of making money faster, without necessarily improving their games
(which is why so many are upset. We've had similar games without this mechanics, without this plot and they worked just fine. Getting new ones that are no better, if worse, but want extra money seems unjustified).

Now, there's nothing wrong with companies getting their money. But to squeeze out as much as possible will ultimately make them lose their followers and fans. And once you realize how this system works, many will abandon it. I don't find this a clever model at all.

Whether that will be enough to harm them, who knows. It's nothing personal for me, either. And I don't see any problem with finding it a bad business model - and still not investing personally in the topic. Why would I need to find it okay to not cry or rage over it? Strange.
But that's just my last few cents. Let's leave it at that.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Liberty
God. Damn. It. Humanity. Ugh. How about we not build roads on ancient historical sites, eh? >.<
We are overpopulating and not enough people actually give a damn about knowledge anymore, for some reason. So many people don't even know what evolution is (read the comments of this article).

Just realised that 1000th was broken, and I wasn't there. Hell, that happened almost a week ago.

To think that I started this challenge too... *sniffle* *sob*
author=Ratty524
author=Liberty
We are overpopulating and not enough people actually give a damn about knowledge anymore, for some reason. So many people don't even know what evolution is (read the comments of this article).

I don't need to read that. I had to explain the principals of evolution last night to my over-religious mother when she tried to ask me why monkeys still existed as a point against it. Yeah, no. She's learned a little more but I doubt she believes in it any more.

Frankly, I'm of the school of thought that believes science and religion are compatible.
SLEEEP SLEEEEEEP SLEEEEEEP GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I am wondering if I will ever finish a video game again before I die. Which hopefully won't be any time soon if you were wondering. But still. Seems real doubtful.

Clarification: Making one. Not playing one.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
GRS: The RC cola in the background makes it so much better.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Ratty524
GRS: The RC cola in the background makes it so much better.

And the Spuds McKenzie cookie jar...
author=Max McGee
I am wondering if I will ever finish a video game again before I die. Which hopefully won't be any time soon if you were wondering. But still. Seems real doubtful.

But you’ve finished lots of games! I mean, even if you manage to never finish another one again (which you will, trust me), that’s still a great accomplishment in its own right. I mean, I just wanna finish something else other than Monopoly and get to 2 completed games in my time. At this rate, I ain’t never gonna catch up to you.

And I really gotta stop coming on here at 3 A.M. to post. Half of time I don't have anything interesting to say or I'm just too dead tired to do anything and just log-off shortly after.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I drove by Kenton, Ohio the other day.
nhubi
Is there a Kenton, Arizona? Because that would be funnier.
Watching all these Unity tutorials has really reminded me how much I prefer written tutorials with the occasional picture or gif. With written tutorials, I can read things at my own pace, skip over things I already know, and don't have to pause and back up the video every time someone wants to talk to me or some other noise distracts me. I also have a bad tendency of letting my thoughts wander, usually on what all I could use a particular function/script/whatev for, and then accidently ignore the guy talking for like a whole minute and then have to back up the video.

At least these vids are decent, though. Yeah, sometimes they dwell on basic or repetitive things and then gloss over more complex and important details, but at least the guys talk legibly, have planned out what it is they're going to say, aren't constantly breathing into their mic, and don't have any obnoxious verbal tics or lip-smacking habits or anything else like that. GAWD I have wanted to strangle some people I've listened to in video tuts.

It's kinda weird watching these and at least somewhat seriously thinking about 3D dev now, though. Not that long ago I would have never even considered it an option (partly because my computer couldn't run anything 3D related), but here I am putzing around with this and Blender like I stand a snowball's chance in hell of actually pulling something off. I'm not sure if I'm doing this because I'm just interested in learning new things, or if I'm just looking for an excuse to put off other projects like the lazy bastard that I am.
pianotm

Mac supports Windows!
nhubi
Piano, I'll pay that one.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I chuckled, then Googled "guffawed", found this and snickered.

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Corfaisus
I chuckled, then Googled "guffawed", found this and snickered.

I guess it didn't quite receive the intended reaction, then.
pianotm
This one got a laugh out of me.