WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=pianotm
Going through my wife's files, I found a graphic she made I'd like to share.
Did not know Jesus was a juggalo.

I can totally see it though. Miracles, baby.
author=Ratty524
This may be the absolute worst place to ask this, but do any of you guys have good tips for online dating?

I have an OKCupid account with an acceptable profile, I think. Typically, I try to message people that look interesting, starting of with a simple hello, pointing out shared interests or making a snarky comment about some aspect in their profile in an attempt to flatter them, though I almost never receive replies. I wonder what I'm doing wrong, and keep in mind I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing.

It probably be best to first try make friends with people you like then see if you're compatible (and if they feel it too). Or try going on sites with chat components of things you enjoy. That way you're bound to find someone who at least has one interest that you share.

At least, that actually worked for my mother and her boyfriend... (Poker fiends, the both of them :/ oh, and car fiends too. Makes me laugh every time she says something about not telling people online about myself or stating that they might not be real. I'm not the one dating someone they found online, Mum... >.<; )
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=LockeZ
author=pianotm
Going through my wife's files, I found a graphic she made I'd like to share.
Did not know Jesus was a juggalo.

I can totally see it though. Miracles, baby.

More like Manson of God.

Alright, this is bugging the shit out of me. There's a very specific sound effect I'm looking for (there has to be a name for it, it's too perfect to not be a thing) that popped up in Draftee Daffy around 3:27 and again in "I Dream of Jimmy" after Carl's confession that, in a dream, he married a turkey once.

Even if it's not official, how is such a sound created? I'm looking all over for stuff like muted trombone/trumpet/etc. to no avail.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
@Corfaisus: I think its called an orchestra hit. You might have more luck searching under that. Just a chord in an orchestra that different instruments play at once, I imagine.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Isrieri
@Corfaisus: I think its called an orchestra hit. You might have more luck searching under that. Just a chord in an orchestra that different instruments play at once, I imagine.

I'm talking about that weird buzzy noise that sounds like a wasps nest.
Its probably a trombone with a plunger mute, like with the adults in Charlie Brown. It might be specifically a bass trombone, but the audio quality makes it hard to tell.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
You can create that effect with muted trombone's like Turkeydawg says, but qthere's an easier way to do it.

Record a fly, sample it to your sound program, slow it down, lowering the pitch until sounds like a bee or a wasp, and then layer it until you get the swarm sound you want.
So my paycheck for this month's supposed to be pretty huge.

Ooooomg
Tau
RMN sex symbol
author=Liberty
author=Ratty524
This may be the absolute worst place to ask this, but do any of you guys have good tips for online dating?

I have an OKCupid account with an acceptable profile, I think. Typically, I try to message people that look interesting, starting of with a simple hello, pointing out shared interests or making a snarky comment about some aspect in their profile in an attempt to flatter them, though I almost never receive replies. I wonder what I'm doing wrong, and keep in mind I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing.
It probably be best to first try make friends with people you like then see if you're compatible (and if they feel it too). Or try going on sites with chat components of things you enjoy. That way you're bound to find someone who at least has one interest that you share.

At least, that actually worked for my mother and her boyfriend... (Poker fiends, the both of them :/ oh, and car fiends too. Makes me laugh every time she says something about not telling people online about myself or stating that they might not be real. I'm not the one dating someone they found online, Mum... >.<; )

Haha, your mum sounds cool.

Dude have you tried other means before trying online dating? Join clubs, charity work you can meet a lot of people, just go places, strike up a conversation with people. Most important, you can't be afraid of rejection, It happens to everyone.

I did it once just after I asked my friend how he met his gf & it was online. I only did it for like a week or so, met some cool people though, couple I still know. I'll write a profile for you!!

Sure, I could bore you with stories of how awesome I am, but lets face it, I'm sure you've already read this about two hundred times in all the other profiles... I believe that actions speak louder than words, so why bother? I usually have a smile, a lot of people have told me that I'm "special" or "gifted". I think they're jealous that I can count to 10, or 20 with my shoes off, and even to 22 in the shower. (don't ask)

Then just put your interests & what not after that :D
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Tau
Dude have you tried other means before trying online dating? Join clubs, charity work you can meet a lot of people, just go places, strike up a conversation with people. Most important, you can't be afraid of rejection, It happens to everyone.

I did it once just after I asked my friend how he met his gf & it was online. I only did it for like a week or so, met some cool people though, couple I still know. I'll write a profile for you!!

Sure, I could bore you with stories of how awesome I am, but lets face it, I'm sure you've already read this about two hundred times in all the other profiles... I believe that actions speak louder than words, so why bother? I usually have a smile, a lot of people have told me that I'm "special" or "gifted". I think they're jealous that I can count to 10, or 20 with my shoes off, and even to 22 in the shower. (don't ask)

Then just put your interests & what not after that :D

I think, in terms of filling out profiles, that's kind of what I did. I might have to review it. Perhaps people online are really skeptic and choosy when it comes to replying to messages... Like I am. :P

But yeah, I think your recommendation on joining outside clubs and activities might be the better route. I recently enrolled in a Tai Chi class and I'm an active member of a speech training organization that meets every week, so I MIGHT be gaining a step forward in that, a little.

In short, I should listen to my mother's advice more. >_<
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I am thinking that since I don't have a proper game development computer, I should start writing articles and reviews now to boost my makerscore and the recognition of my name in this community.

Additionally, RMN is the supreme RPG MAKER community.
pianotm
And why not? I met my wife online. Not on a dating site either. She was a paranormal investigator and I was just beginning to dabble in various forms of witchcraft. I had just moved from St. Louis to Miami (talk about culture shock! I had actually moved to a city where the locals don't speak English!). We spoke online for months. She had degrees in journalism and psychology (with a specific focus on substance abuse).

She asked me to marry her. I think we both were a bit desperate. I was in my 20s, and instead of having a normal life that I thought I would, I was in constant upheaval, and I had been irreparably disillusioned in the faith of my childhood indoctrination, Christianity. She was going through traumatic, and tragic experiences with the Chicago legal system, through no fault of her own, horribly bullied in a case that I will not elaborate upon here. I think that at the time, she found me as charming as I found her and she me as a way out of Chicago.

I found a job in Clearwater with a piano restoration and moved there. In September of 2007, I moved there, in October, I flew to Chicago and picked up my bride to be. The day after Christmas, I was fired because my boss had gotten his old employee back and was scaling back the company. So, after failing to find so much as a job at McDonalds, in February of 2008, I returned us to Miami.

We were legally married on June 9, 2009. Our relationship had very few downs. We were very happy. March 2013, she had an asthma attack she couldn't get under control. She died in literally less than a minute.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Wow... That story went from down to up to Forrest Gump ending. :( sorry to hear that pianotm...
Corfaisus

My head hurts from laughing so hard. BUDDY!

Macho Man Randy Savage, wherever you are, this one's for you. *lighter*
Online multiplayer Legend of Zelda games? Aw man, am I going to have to get a WiiU? :(
author=Link_2112
Online multiplayer Legend of Zelda games? Aw man, am I going to have to get a WiiU? :(

Yes you are, and now I must as well.
pianotm
Damn, I can't afford another game console. *sigh*

Thank you, @Dudesoft. You know, though, this was one of the places I came when I was looking for something distract me from...well, you know. Maybe I can create something for her.
author=Link_2112

I'll definitely get Wii U for Zelda it's my favorite series but I may wait until there's a price drop for the system.
Am I missing something?
I can't find the option to see the status history. I was pretty sure it was under the community tab, but I haven't been on in a while.
May someone help this lowly Turnip-head

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=MajoracanKing
Am I missing something?
I can't find the option to see the status history. I was pretty sure it was under the community tab, but I haven't been on in a while.
May someone help this lowly Turnip-head

IT IS GONE FOREVER

THE DEATH OF THE INFIDELIC USER STATUSES DRAWS NEAR

oh wait no never mind the "view all" button is still down there below the statuses on the community portal