WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Gourd_Clae
@Libby Oh, that's so cool! It's great to hear ladies kicking butt in Aussie Land~
Our most famous Olympist is a Native Woman, ever hear of Cathy Freeman?

She's won a bunch of goldies.
author=Marrend
Oooookay, so, Myriad Cypher's game-thread on RMW has been locked on account of having rips? I don't quite understand that decision. Like, my other games there have rips? Maybe because Myriad's are more obvious (read: graphics), but, I'm trying to not worry too much about it.

Of course, I'm desperately trying to keep a positive note about things in general, but, it's... kinda hard, to be honest.
I'm surprised they didn't flat out ban you.

But yeah, even on sister sites like VXace.net (which has very steeply declined from when I was there three years ago) there's this whole company-based authoritarian rigmarole that really, due to accountability, forced most staff to act on issues, even if they don't really need to.

It's fair enough, and my ban was more than justified.

RMN may have some problems but at least it does everyone the curtsy of just not giving a shit.

Apathy is becoming more admired as moddlecoddling becomes more of the norm. The only two super-huge web-bases left for RPGmaker are here and Webs. We're the more Unorthodox down to Earth exile refuge, typically for those who get banned on RMwebs or their sister site for whatever reason.

RMwebs is great until you fuck up somehow then it's hell on earth.

At least I earned my ban, some people get banned over there for the pettiest things, same with VXace.net.

Haha, ah well, not to sidewind us with all o' this.
------------------------------------------------------
Completely unrelated but scandalously fun fact, I just payed 120 dollars for commissioned smut.

No regrets. It was really good smut, schmaltzy as it comes.
As long as RMN is headed by me, apathy will reign supreme! I promise.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=BizarreMonkey
Apathy is becoming more admired as moddlecoddling becomes more of the norm. The only two super-huge web-bases left for RPGmaker are here and Webs. We're the more Unorthodox down to Earth exile refuge, typically for those who get banned on RMwebs or their sister site for whatever reason.
What about HB Games? Though I haven't visited that site in years.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
author=Ratty524
author=BizarreMonkey

Charas? Steam?
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Ratty524
author=BizarreMonkey
It's Dead, Ratty.

HB is Dead, RMRK is Dead, VX.net is dead, RRR is dead.

They are all so truly utterly dead, Ratty.

author=Cap_H
Charas? Steam?
Charas is dead and the Steam section for RM is just a narrowed extension of RMwebs that I can't be banned from because Valve don't care if I'm causing a little ruckus.

Hell yes to Valve's Apathy.

RMCollective is dead, pavillion boards is dead, Omega-dev is dead, Whitefang is dead. (Those last two are partially my fault. Omega-dev because I made a skype group for it which just meant the forum became next to pointless, and the Whitefang Studios thing was a thing I violently shoved a destructive stake through and it all gave out and died because I'm a horrible person. But at least that time it was sort of on purpose. Sort of, really i just wasn't expecting it to go as well as it did, was originally just April fools fun that ended up being way too much fun.)
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
Charas's death hurt me on an emotional level.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=kentona
As long as RMN is headed by me, apathy will reign supreme! I promise.

Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I keep on reading Charas as Charous.
author=Seiromem
I keep on reading Charas as Charous.
Literally no difference.
Okay, I thought you meant the annoying creatures in the deep caves of Skyrim. Apparently, that is not what a Charous is. I have learned something today.

@BM: You can actually be banned from posting in community sections on steam. It happened to me over a game that steals graphics from one of my favourite games and pretends to have made original graphics 'in the style of' (if so, why the fuck didn't they make the characters actually face the enemies in battle instead of treelines, huh? Huh? TELL ME THAT YOU FUCKERS! Yeah, that's what I thought.)

So, yeah, pointing out that they ripped someone's graphics got me a ban. If you're not banned it's because they don't want you to be, not because you can't be. Reflect on that.
Seiromem
author=Liberty
I have learned something today.

As have I, in this case how to spell Chaurus.
And how Charas is pronounced.
Ratty524
I got internet working on my PC now, guys!

... Not that it actually decreased the amount of time I waste posting in this community. :x

author=BizarreMonkey
It's Dead, Ratty.

:(
Seiromem
Hey, time spent posting is time spent, not wasted!
author=Ratty524
author=BizarreMonkey
It's Dead, Ratty.

Seeing that obituary there made me wonder about a site called "Creation Asylum", which I lurked a bit back in high school. The site's still there, but man, there is almost no recent activity.
That, and on the front page of the forums, the "latest news" is "It's Official: Creation Asylum is a Zombie".
author=Seiromem
author=Liberty
I have learned something today.
As have I, in this case how to spell Chaurus.
And how Charas is pronounced.

I always pronounced it Kharas. XD
Ratty524
author=turkeyDawg
author=Ratty524
author=BizarreMonkey
It's Dead, Ratty.

Seeing that obituary there made me wonder about a site called "Creation Asylum", which I lurked a bit back in high school. The site's still there, but man, there is almost no recent activity.
That, and on the front page of the forums, the "latest news" is "It's Official: Creation Asylum is a Zombie".

Oh god CA. I'm having a nostalgia-gasm right now.

But yeah that site has been dead even before RMW became a thing, I think.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
RMRK and HB Games don't look quite dead, at a glance. I mean, they're relatively inactive. But they're not dead the way RRR is dead.

TIGSource is completely active, but I probably shouldn't direct mention it because BM might destroy it
Yeah, RMRK is where some scripters hang out like ModernAlgebra so it still has a pulse.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
author=LockeZ
TIGSource is completely active, but I probably shouldn't direct mention it because BM might destroy it
TIGSource is on life support. It's only "active" because there's people who still post there, giving it that illusion, but there hasn't been a site event in years and the administrators only ghost through the forum once every three blue moons.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Eh, that's more than good enough though. Administrators are optional. People are what matter. The forums get dozens of posts every day.

RMRK, on the other hand, gets two posts on a good day. Zero posts yesterday. It's not dead, but it's certainly not thriving.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
4chan is clearly the one place in the world where you can get all your weird/crazy out, walk away fresh and have no one breathe down your neck about it. It's like having an extremely-open counselor.

I just wouldn't want to stick around because there's nothing to talk about there.

Sometimes freedom is the greatest prison.