2%
Safari
0%
Netscape Navigator ?
1%
I don't browse the internet/Other
1%

Pages: first prev 123 next last
Right now I'm not really pleased with any of the "popular"options available(Chrome/Firefox). To the point where I feel I might as well go try out Internet Explorer 9.

Then again this makes me realize it's probably about time I give Opera a chance.
author=Elements
Right now I'm not really pleased with any of the "popular"options available(Chrome/Firefox). To the point where I feel I might as well go try out Internet Explorer 9.

Then again this makes me realize it's probably about time I give Opera a chance.
^this is the correct conclusion to draw.

author=Sailerius
TIL people still use firefox
You are trying to communicate with us... I can tell! I just can't discern what. What could TIL possibly stand for in this context... That I Laugh, perhaps? Took It Literally? It's hard to say!

EDIT:

I got it! Truthfully I Lament
Now I'm kind of curious about Opera... ._.

(This was your plan all along wasn't it kentona???)
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Chrome.

'nuff said.
I'm surprised Netscape was mentioned...because I'm using it right now!

It's just about the most modern browser that still works on PowerPC mac laptops. Well, except iCab. I keep having to switch between the two while browsing, since a lot of websites crash one or the other.

And I use Konquerer on my other laptop.
I use Chrome most, altho i find it tends to have frequent problems loading pictures.

They did a study on web browsers though, and Chrome came up on top. Followed by Firefox. Chrome is also apparently the safest to use.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2365692,00.asp
http://internet-browser-review.toptenreviews.com/
http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/best-browser-2012-which-should-you-be-using-932466
*I couldn't find the page of the test study I was looking at, so here.

It also obviously depends on what ur looking for in a web browser tho. :p
Pale Moon (optimized Firefox build with useless crap removed) and Opera.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
author=Magical_RuNE_Knight200
Chrome is also apparently the safest to use.

The safest browser is a smart person.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Firefox still going strong!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=GameOverGames Productions
Pale Moon (optimized Firefox build with useless crap removed)

This sounds relevant to my interests
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
I most frequently use Firefox but I have found the more 'slim' browsers to be more catered to my preference. Though Chrome splitting into twenty billion different processes really annoyed me.
Starscream
Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies.
kentona, I suggest you ban anyone who didn't select Opera. There should be punishments for such severe lapses in judgment.
BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
author=rcholbert
kentona, I suggest you ban anyone who didn't select Opera. There should be punishments for such severe lapses in judgment.

*Snort * har de har har.
I use Firefox. I'll have to check out Pale Moon- never heard of it before.
I switched to Chrome last week, because Firefox started to cause massive problems.

Chrome sucks too, but the other browsers just suck even more.

that makes me a hipster. why does the last choice even exist?
I don't see why Chrome is Hipsters, and not Safari. You know, since Hipsters are always using Mac products.

Anyway, I've used Chrome for a long time and I am familiar with it. Before that, I used FireFox, and before that I used Opera. That was probably like, Opera v6 so its not exactly relevant anymore. I switched from FireFox to Chrome because Chrome was more streamlined and at the time, it felt like a good time to switch.
author=GreatRedSpirit
Opera. The intial release of v12 made Flash worse somehow but that seems to be resolved in later versions. It's the closest to how I want an internet browser to work with the issues being the least annoying. Second is Chrome with specific and limited use.

I'm not sure what the deal is, but Flash broke with a lot of recent browser updates, so Opera isn't alone there.
@Mary 4D: Yes, of course it does! I use it more than half the time. If you have a G3 Macintosh, it's the best you can get along with iCab. IE for Mac must make Steve Jobs spin in his grave, and FireFox jumped ship on G3s a long long time ago. To the point that it's a living hell trying to even get the PPC binaries! I simply can't find them, and the source for it needs OSX 10.4 which I don't have (OSX 10.3.9 all the way!). So my choices are Netscape or iCab. Both crash on a lot of modern pages, but there is relatively little that crashes both it seems.

And upgrading to an Intel Mac or Windows box is a dumb idea. There is a certain romance to having a non ARM or x86 processor. I wouldn't give it up for all the cores in a Phenom II. Not that I don't have a Phenom II desktop, but I like using PPC Macs whenever possible.
Pages: first prev 123 next last