50 STATS OF GREY

author=nhubi
I just looked at your profile, bloody hell, you have 4 pages of games!

..oh wait, a lot of those are community games

well, I ran an awful lot of those community games, so there's that.

but yeah, I was totally being tongue in cheek - especially given my current track record with Aether Pulse, Settlers of Kentan, Nu Supra Mairo Bors, and now Explore Because Stuff!
...And the date game. I need a sprite from you, mister!
No time for that just make one based on his current avatar and adjust its hue a bit!
author=Liberty
...And the date game. I need a sprite from you, mister!
I could have sworn I read that you'd just make one up for me if I didn't submit one!
author=JosephSeraph
you guys make me feel less guilty about my obnoxious amount of gamepages to projects I have a 20% chance to ever returning

also I hardly ever post a gamepage because of that
I feel guilty posting something knowing I have a tendency to lose interest. lol

You still have more room to talk smack then I would. I don't have a single project on this site.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i've actually gotten pretty good at not starting new projects for no good reason. being employed helps cut my free time down considerably!
Yeah, work can really eat up all of your spare time. Especially when they call for rather pointless and boring meetings to point things out to the staff that they are probably already aware of, but since management is never consistent in enforcing their policies the messages being spread at the meeting largely go ignored.
Are we being treated to some Valentines festiveness, or are the usernames permanently pink?

Edit: Oops, I guess I can't read. xD
FOREVER~~~~ :DDD
Craze
thesacredlobo
Yeah, work can really eat up all of your spare time. Especially when they call for rather pointless and boring meetings to point things out to the staff that they are probably already aware of, but since management is never consistent in enforcing their policies the messages being spread at the meeting largely go ignored.

...actually i'm mostly just stressed and unproductive after work because i teach math to teenagers who are on probation for everything from breaking & entering to child molestation

my weekly meetings are more like "billy-bob hasn't thrown in a trashcan in two weeks, but bobby-joe punched a hole through a door yesterday so we need to help him work on his anger management and redirect him when we notice him escalating". i tend to pay attention.
author=Craze
thesacredlobo
...actually i'm mostly just stressed and unproductive after work because i teach math to teenagers who are on probation for everything from breaking & entering to child molestation

my weekly meetings are more like "billy-bob hasn't thrown in a trashcan in two weeks, but bobby-joe punched a hole through a door yesterday so we need to help him work on his anger management and redirect him when we notice him escalating". i tend to pay attention.

"...and he needs help with his fractions."
author=Craze
thesacredlobo

So your the kind of teacher that would have gotten saddled with my cousins that were drug addicts and shoplifters?
Craze
kentona
"...and he needs help with his fractions."

actually most of my kids have an average or higher IQ and are beyond fractions! one of my seniors is taking pre-calc (not from me, but I help her with some of the homework). we'll still be doing some fraction review after feb break though, just because it's easy to get rusty. the kids who really do need help with the concept of fractions would go to one of my co-workers.

thesacredlobo
So your the kind of teacher that would have gotten saddled with my cousins that were drug addicts and shoplifters?

it depends. my program (as in, the high school's behavioral special ed program) only has up to fifteen kids in it per semester. (i teach one-on-one and one-on-two, and assist my students in the regular ed classrooms when they take bio. fifteen of my kids at once would be absolute hell). if your cousins were just assholes, they'd probably be in more general special ed (which is any kid that has an IEP). if they were emotional disturbed, oppositional-defiant, bipolar, or had destructive coping mechanisms, they would probably be with my program.

that said, regular ed has druggies and petty criminals in it. it's really hard to say without more info!

don't do drugs, kids. get makerscore instead.
And, it's hard for me to give a lot of info since I didn't know them all that well and didn't really want to.

Sadly, one of them looked like he was turning his life around somewhat when he passed away at the age of 28.

The other one is currently serving time in a correctional facility for breaking and entering into a couple of local business with the intent to commit burglary.
My girlfriend and I went to see 50 Shades this weekend.

I don't really get big deal, honestly. The movie was pretty wack, and as it promoting a negative culture, to me it seems like the GTA 5 of women's 'bad pleasures' (and I say women since that's most of the consumers of the book and the film), a fantasy that you should know not to take seriously. As far as the movie goes, Grey actually does play by the rules in regards to the actual sex. It's just the actual things he does outside the bedroom that's shady.

My girlfriend (who's read all the books on the basis of just being a voracious reader/reads absolutely everything) sort of also thinks its pretty patronizing to women to 1. Want to censor creative expression, no matter how bad it is and 2. Assume that women aren't smart enough to read these books/watch this movie and understand that it doesn't accurately portrays a realistic, positive relationship. It's a movie/book about a dysfunctional, weird relationship and that's about it.
Thing is, books help shape society. If it'd just been a niche little shit-read that would be one thing, but with it's widespread popularity comes a great amount of clout and that clout can change things - the way people think.
Sad that it went to this book instead of the literal thousands of better-written romances out there. I mean, how about that Bride Stripped Bare? A much better book by any standards. Much more interesting to boot. But no, seems they'll make a movie out of any popular book nowdays. :/

Maybe I'm just salty because I'd much prefer a ton of better books get the coverage instead. That or I hate trash.
A book (or any work) can't predict the clout that it has ahead of time, though. Even if it could, I have trouble with the notion that someone should alter their creative expression in the name of social responsibility, as well. It would be one thing if the book/series/film was marketed to children or something that inherently don't know better, but it was marketed to grown adult women who should know better; the book clearly presents itself as nothing but dark sexual fantasy.

Like I mentioned before, it's patronizing to assume there are leagues of women hoodwinked into believing that the portrayal of Anna/Christians BDSM's relationship is how a relationship should function. At least, I haven't met any. Does this make the book beyond reproach and criticism? Of course not; anything and everything is open to criticism. But to take it down where it stands from a fundamental viewpoint is really troubling! The book isn't promoting anything. The book is about a really fucked up relationship. There are works about worse. It's a work of creative expression. Criticized? Sure. But it definitely has the right to exist.

I mourn the day that expression is sought to be censored.
One day, I'll make it below #500 in post count.

One day...