THE OFFICIAL ENGLISH 2K3 VERSION IS OUT!

Is anyone else experiencing the issue of not being about to create the installation file for your game?

I have tried everything and I just cannot export it.

Also I cant get the title screen layout to show, everytime I pull it up, it is just a blue screen
author=Pittman2011
Is anyone else experiencing the issue of not being about to create the installation file for your game?

Also I cant get the title screen layout to show, everytime I pull it up, it is just a blue screen

You may be using test mode with the "Do not display title screen" option turned on.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
And only 12 years late.

I'm not gonna buy it, since I'm used to Ace now, but I'm glad the option is there, the lack of scripting support but especially the lower resolution are just a big 'NO' sign to me.

Seems like it'd be a step backwards to go to this.
And yet your games would be well suited to it, since they don't really make use of the graphical upgrades afforded by Ace and the like, since the style you use is very simplistic.
author=BizarreMonkey
And only 12 years late.

I'm not gonna buy it, since I'm used to Ace now, but I'm glad the option is there, the lack of scripting support but especially the lower resolution are just a big 'NO' sign to me.

I'm not gonna buy it either. Not until they lose the "steam only" deal. I tried to log on Steam, I don't have the steam code, and they "I'm sure it's hidden among your spam stuff". No it's not, I long since deleted that email, resend the thing or no dice. Btw, I keep going into the support site, and they're leading me in circles. I go in and they ask for some additional security code that I don't have, I try to login to get support, and they tell me login doesn't exist.

=_=; So apparently, I can login under bulmabriefs144 and it acts like it has an account, but I had to literally create an account. And why? Because the steam account and the steam help account are NOT the same.

I'm not giving my soul to a third party company. I'm okay with paying rpgmakerweb directly. But not steam.
Dude, I already said earlier that they'll be selling it via the RMW store (and most likely, RMN store after it goes on affiliate) soonish. >.<; I believe it was in reply to your last comment of the same, too. XD
author=bulmabriefs144
author=BizarreMonkey
And only 12 years late.

I'm not gonna buy it either. Not until they lose the "steam only" deal. I tried to log on Steam, I don't have the steam code, and they "I'm sure it's hidden among your spam stuff". No it's not, I long since deleted that email, resend the thing.
author=Liberty
Dude, I already said earlier that they'll be selling it via the RMW store (and most likely, RMN store after it goes on affiliate) soonish. >.<; I believe it was in reply to your last comment of the same, too. XD

yes she did say
Magi
Resident Terrapin
Steam software is a major bummer, my VX Ace copy is tied to steam and it's a annoying having Steam integration on development tools.

It will be very interesting to see how Cherry and the others involved develop this decade-old software. It's a cool and spiffy engine B) but I can't justify a purchase since I can write my own scripts in Ruby/rgss. If an official DynRPG kind of feature somehow ever becomes a reality I will definitely reconsider. Good luck with wherever you take this and cheers!!
author=Liberty

When it comes out in their actual store, gimme the update.

Right now it says

Mgrgrgr...

This and that are probably related. Steam products tend not to be on the actual computer. Well, technically, yes I could find Maple on Steam but trying to pull it out of the folder didn't work right. This allows stuff like Maple Story and other online games to DL quickly because the file is treated more like a subfile of steam. Good for MMO games, not so good for stuff that creates files. That sounds like when I tried to load RpgMaker of Linux with Vine.

I'm likely to consider this once it becomes detached from steam and some of the above issues are hashed out. So nah, it's not "no" so much as "too soon." Hopefully, like my PeaceCorps application (which I'm wanting to retry; I like my friends in this town, but I also have a wanderlust that never really goes away, so this town is the place I want to come home to).
Whoa, this is interesting. I'm gonna put all my faith in 20xx but cool to see for sure.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I'm just waiting for the rtp to become available on RMW, but I'm thinking with the alt-tab issue I'm not going to be playing many games made on the 'new' engine anyway. That and the resolution drop just make it less fun, and that's why I game in the first place.
Why couldn't this have just been a resource pack or something?
author=JosephSeraph
goddamnit we
have
hide
tags

Hide tages? What are those.

I used them before and I

can't open the hide tags after the first edit or so
You can edit them after you refresh the page. It doesn't work if you edit then check, you always have to refresh. You've been here quite a while now, you should know that. XD

author=nhubi
I'm just waiting for the rtp to become available on RMW, but I'm thinking with the alt-tab issue I'm not going to be playing many games made on the 'new' engine anyway. That and the resolution drop just make it less fun, and that's why I game in the first place.

author=Antilurker77
Why couldn't this have just been a resource pack or something?

Um, because the engine is more than it's graphics/sounds. That said, it would have been the same price either way. Music and graphics enough to make a whole game? Probably would have been more, come to think of it. I mean, check some of the prices some of those sets go for that are only music or only graphics. This is practically a steal!
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

If you pay close attention to the video for RPG Maker 2003.
In the timeline it suggests that the next RPG Maker will be released before 2016. Am I reading too much into this?

nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Liberty did you mean to include me in that response? I wasn't talking about the price of the engine, just the fact that as a player the new iteration of the engine has components which make it less fun to play. Blurring graphics because of the resolution drop that is required for me to play it full screen (which I prefer) and the exclusive game trigger which causes havoc with switching windows, a well known issue with a few full screen games but that never affected rt2k3.
This is amazing news. I feel overwhelmed by all the nostalgia.

And I am seeing so many people post in this thread that I haven't seen in a long time.

I still will stick with VX Ace because of Ruby scripting, but I may play around with the new 2k3.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
As much as I hate working with this engine, I just felt compelled to spend the $16 bucks on this just because of the novelty of it being legal to purchase now.

As far as this whole project goes, the engine seems just about perfect. However, porting projects that were made with the unofficial translation into this one is an absolute bitch because of the new "standardized" names for the RTP graphics/sound files.

Another thing, and I don't know if it's a known issue or not, the "Create Installer" feature keeps coming back with a weird error:
"Can't read a response file"

- I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
Ratty524, you could just copy and paste all of the unofficial rtp files into your project's resources in the official program, should work no problem.