LANGUAGE OPTIONS

Pages: 1
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
I've read the Summary on several games and thought "yay, I would like to play that game", then after reading the summary, checking many of the screen shots, I come across one that shows me that the game is in German, Spanish, etc.....

I don't know about other players but sad to say I only speak English, and not very great at even that:)

Would it be possible in the Game Options to make a catagory for diffent languages??

Am I the only one with the problem or did the Gods overlook a "game breaking problem"??? :)
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Having an option to visibly indicate whether a game was created in a language other than English seems like a sensible idea to me. It might even encourage people to offer to help with translating if so desired.
Linkis
I found it strange that a game in another language had such good grammar and spelling in English in the Summary, better even then mine :)

SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Usually the game descriptions should tell you if the game is not in English.
(Though its interesting that the game summary would be in English, has anyone tried submitting a game profile that's not written in English? Technically it's not against the submission rules.)
Currently there are not many games that don't use English on RMN, so I doubt having a category for them would happen any time soon.
It would be nice to have a tag for that since - although it's usually in the description - it is always a little bit disheartening to search for random games or good-looking games only to realize on-page that you won't be able to undertstand a thing.

It is not an important issue, but it would be neat to have. As well as help to search for games that need help with their translation.

PS: You deserve every bit of your title, Linkis! You're awesome.
author=kory_toombs
Usually the game descriptions should tell you if the game is not in English.
(Though its interesting that the game summary would be in English, has anyone tried submitting a game profile that's not written in English? Technically it's not against the submission rules.)

It's not? It should be!

We require that the description, or at least a part of the description, be written in english, since 99% of the visitors here speak english, even if the game itself is in another language.
In which case they usually get a lot of help in the game-desciption thread
-> thus the proper grammar
It is against the rules, actually. I've had a few come through who tried to submit games that didn't have an English translation of the description and told them to provide one or it couldn't be accepted. I also link them to the Description thread because I know they'll probably have issues with grammar. Forward thinking, ahoy~
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

@Liberty

"enforced minimum of 500 characters in the description"

"characters," note this word. Hell Wingdings could count as characters.

Proving I'm right one post at a time.

PS - Also note that I didn't say you couldn't deny a submission based on that. I said it wasn't technically against the submission rules.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Irrespective of other points the original still stands, Linkis go add this suggestion to the RMN 4.5 thread (or is it 4.6 now Kentona?) so it can be implemented. I'd suggest that it's an optional tickbox in the game description, defaulting to English if nothing is chosen but allowing user input for something else. Unless you want to include a list of the approx 6,500 languages that are spoken on Earth at the moment.
Linkis
Wow, where's this thread at...so I can start trouble over there :)
author=kory_toombs
@Liberty

"enforced minimum of 500 characters in the description"

"characters," note this word. Hell Wingdings could count as characters.

Proving I'm right one post at a time.

PS - Also note that I didn't say you couldn't deny a submission based on that. I said it wasn't technically against the submission rules.

I can't edit that particular thread or they'd have been updated already. However, the full rules can be check here: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/5673/
And it's where I direct people who get their games denied so...
Pages: 1