[EVENT] CHAIN OF LOVE

Pages: first prev 123 next last
This sounds fun! I'll do a part.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
I'm not planning on changing anyone else's stuff anyway. I play with the rules yo'
Also you can comfirm me. I'm fine with spot 8 altough you can put me anywhere else too. It's doesn't really matter.
Also, can you guys tell me when I should come join the IRC? Don't wanna come while no one is online. (I'm guessing the IRC is SynIRC?).
I'm excited about this!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Yup, it's SynIRC. I should add it to description. I'm trying to be there as much as possible. I'm not online now, cuz Mibbit disobeys me.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
OK cap is it alright if I retake number 2? I'll just start late and do it in a few days, I usually have a rush of productivity after an exam, for some reason. Is that OK?
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Zieg, haven't responded yet, so it is like nothing happened.
Frogge
I'm scared because if Cashmere cat takes the second slot she'll make something before me and I'll get stuck at the puzzles '_'
If it's going to have battles I would like having a sideview battle script, as I'm not very into the normal battle system ^^
CashmereCat
Haha I don't think I'll be doing puzzles this time round. I'll try to make the hard parts optional. ;)
Frogge
Phew... I'm saved :D
CashmereCat
But what's the difference between the front view and sideview apart from aesthetics? I'm pretty sure, unless positioning of heroes is a thing, the view don't make a difference. Just a personal preference?

The only thing is, there's probably more support for front view with stuff like Yanfly.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

You can probably count on me staying away from the combat system and making a puzzle.
Or writing crazy dialogue.

unity
You're magical to me.
Take it from me, doing side-view stuff is a lot of work, and teaching everyone to do it in a way that matches may not be feasible for a short game.
Frogge
author=CashmereCat
But what's the difference between the front view and sideview apart from aesthetics? I'm pretty sure, unless positioning of heroes is a thing, the view don't make a difference. Just a personal preference?

The only thing is, there's probably more support for front view with stuff like Yanfly.

I think sideview battlers look better. Yeah it's just my own taste. It's not really a requirement. Altough what about an autobattle system in case people suck at battling? (Like me ^^)
I'm really excited about this!
CashmereCat
author=unity
Take it from me, doing side-view stuff is a lot of work, and teaching everyone to do it in a way that matches may not be feasible for a short game.

Uh huh. The only lazy way I could see would to be having simple sprites with normal animations triggering on impact.
Frogge
That's true but there's always Yanfly's Visual Battlers :)
It's what I'm using in my own game.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Yeah, it may look better. The biggest downside is that it needs extra battlers for actors, ideally with various animations. I'm used to front view in Ace gams myself.
Frogge
Yeah... let's just stick with frontview then.
Oh and Cap, Visual Battlers is plug & play. It doesn't really require animations but you know, whatever, frontview looks good too :P
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
If you want my attention on IRC, make sure you either pm me there or spell my name correctly (z then pressing tab should do the trick) also, ZEIG not Zieg. XD
i support using visual battlers as it is literally plug and play and it's awesomesauce :v
Frogge
*High fives Joseph* Yeaaaaaaaaah :D
Altough it does look a bit weird whit the normal battlers so it would still require cropping some characters :\

Normal

What it looks like in my game
Pages: first prev 123 next last