WHAT'S GAMES ARE YOUR FAVORITES OR ANY THAT YOU REALLY LIKE OR LOVE? OR HAVE ANY THAT YOU WOULD RECOMMEND AS WELL?

Pages: first prev 12 last
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
The Monkey Islands are the only games you ever need.
I feel like killing two birds in one stone and compare a Zelda game I disliked to one I greatly enjoyed:

Didn't Like: Ocarina of Time

Why: First of all, combat is incredibly dull - most of the time, you just hit Z and then hold R until you can whack with your sword. There's exactly two enemies (Redeads, Poes) where this isn't the case - however, you can disable the former with the sun's song, which is bludgeoned in your face when you get the song, while Poes just go away if you decide to Z focus them. Temples are incredibly confusing (all of the adult dungeons, not just the water temple - in fact, I gave up on the fire temple already). Lastly, bosses are easy due to their infrequent and barely damaging attacks.

Did Like: A Link to the Past

Why: Overworld is varied, offers plenty of side areas to explore (even if some are just small caves with money), often having to use different tools for the same puzzle elements (mainly because of the different hit boxes/timings), enemies are varied and require proper mobility to beat, dungeons are fairly straightforward with a good mix of puzzle and action segments (I admit the ice temple being an exception), with bosses having you make use of different weapons and letting you work out multiple strategies (again, the ice temple is bad about it) while also having enough aggression to be an actual threat.
Pages: first prev 12 last