WRITER WITH NO PROGRAMMING SKILL!

Pages: 1
I can't program to save my life, but I'm pretty good at writing and coming up with characters, conflicts and even whole stories! Reply if this will in any way help you!
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Not totally sure if I'd be in full need of the services offered, but at least allow me to welcome you to RMN.
Perhaps the Introduction section isn't the best place to be advertising your skills as a writer? It's for introducing yourself to the members and meeting other newbies.

Welcome to the site! If you want to make a topic advertising your writing ability, the Job Board is there for that kind of thing. Just make sure to include a few examples of your work so that people can see your skill level.

Enjoy your stay! ^.^)b
Th
author=Liberty
Perhaps the Introduction section isn't the best place to be advertising your skills as a writer? It's for introducing yourself to the members and meeting other newbies.

Welcome to the site! If you want to make a topic advertising your writing ability, the Job Board is there for that kind of thing. Just make sure to include a few examples of your work so that people can see your skill level.

Enjoy your stay! ^.^)b

Thank you, I had literally no clue what to do.
That's fine. You should read this topic: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/17599/

It goes over a lot of rules of the site and tells you what the various forum areas are for. It's long but it's there to refer back to if you need it (always pinned in the Introduction forums).

There's also this article which has plenty of useful information that all newbies should check out: http://rpgmaker.net/articles/235/

(Key point - double posting is against site rules. Instead, there's a handy edit button included just below your post, so you can add more information into the previous post. >.<)b )

There's also a lot of good links in the footer of the page with various information that you should check out at one time or another.
Should be good enough to come up with a story-driven game, as eventing is very light on programming skill. Though it can take some testing so story events don't play at the wrong time.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Liberty
If you're good enough at writing you'll just tend to let people know without even meaning to.

I was looking for my intro thread to compare, but what I ended up finding was much worse but sort of more hilarious.
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/16785/
God I'm such a tool sometimes.

Anyway, gedday there humble fella. I don't usually greet newbies for some reason and how I found your thread was just sort of a bored fit of scandal seeking stupidity.

But then you turned out to be just a clueless cool guy so all is well!
Welcome to RMN! Enjoy your stay!
I don't have a whole lot of programming skill, either. It's fine, though; you don't need it to make something compelling.

Enjoy your stay, mate!
author=zacheatscrackers
I don't have a whole lot of programming skill, either. It's fine, though; you don't need it to make something compelling.

Enjoy your stay, mate!

Thank you!
Pages: 1