MV IS OUT!

author=Sated
If you buy it through Steam (I assume you can do this since that's where I bought RM2K3), you'll be able to use it on any computer that you can sign into your Steam account from.

Same with the standalone version through the site. As long as you kept both the key and the email with the downloads in them, you can just reinstall on your new computer. ^.^
Seeing as to how Enterbrain changed the operating environment from Ruby to JavaScript, how similar is Ruby to JavaScript? Looking at a tutorial briefly, the only thing that stands out at the moment is that variables have to be declared (initialized?) with "var" before they can be assigned to anything.

Is JavaScript object-oriented?
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Liberty
author=Sated
If you buy it through Steam (I assume you can do this since that's where I bought RM2K3), you'll be able to use it on any computer that you can sign into your Steam account from.
Same with the standalone version through the site. As long as you kept both the key and the email with the downloads in them, you can just reinstall on your new computer. ^.^

Ah cool! Thanks :D
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
So, if anyone's been messing around with it so far... how do you like it?? What sticks out as super awesome?
The generator is a hell of a lot of fun, and the fact that it allows you to not only export but import, add and export is great. It's a lot like Ace in various ways, but I also like the fact that you can mess with equip slot amounts and there's a hell of a lot of regions~<3

(Also the overlap allowance when mapping is so nice! ;^; )
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
author=slash
So, if anyone's been messing around with it so far... how do you like it?? What sticks out as super awesome?

Everything. It's been a blast to try out in these recent times :)
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
I don't know if I'm missing something really obvious, but is there no way to edit scripts/plugins from within the program? I guess I can hunt down the JS files with Notepad++, but it seems like kind of a hassle.

Character generator is really neat. The characters need shadows, I think. Presently, they kind of stick out from the tiles, and remind me of RM95's defaults in a weird way.

Mouse controls work well. One weird bug: my gamepad works in-game, but not on the title screen. It's a regular 360 USB controller, so nothing fancy. (Edit: The action button works, but not the d-pad or stick to choose a command).

Anyway, those are my preliminary observations!
author=Deltree
I don't know if I'm missing something really obvious, but is there no way to edit scripts/plugins from within the program? I guess I can hunt down the JS files with Notepad++, but it seems like kind of a hassle.

Nope. You're encouraged to use your own IDE/Text Editor so it won't get in the way during development.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Okay, thanks! I found the "Open Game Folder" menu option, so it's not so bad.

(Late) Browser trip report: works pretty well! Save games work, too, which is a pleasant surprise. They seem to be profile-based, since playing in an incognito window hides them, so that's nice too.

Playing on my phone worked just fine, too. One finger to left click, two to right click/open the menu. My demo consisted of walking around an empty room, so I can't comment on performance.

Oddly, I got audio on the phone but not on my computer/browser.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=Libby
The generator is a hell of a lot of fun, and the fact that it allows you to not only export but import, add and export is great. It's a lot like Ace in various ways, but I also like the fact that you can mess with equip slot amounts and there's a hell of a lot of regions~<3

(Also the overlap allowance when mapping is so nice! ;^; )

Ahh, the generator sounds cool! And new mapping features is nice too :D And Yanfly's stuff is all already available too, right?

author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=Deltree
Nope. You're encouraged to use your own IDE/Text Editor so it won't get in the way during development.

Oh my god, I think this is my favorite feature yet~ the locked-size in-game editor for VX Ace was rough for me 'cuz I'm so used to Notepad++ and Sublime Text.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
Less then 3 hours for Steam, DRM free users can't see the hours of their life they've dumped into RPG Maker.

I'm going to have to download over a metered connection while using a VPN to actually connect to steam this is going to be fun.
author=Zachary_Braun
Seeing as to how Enterbrain changed the operating environment from Ruby to JavaScript, how similar is Ruby to JavaScript? Looking at a tutorial briefly, the only thing that stands out at the moment is that variables have to be declared (initialized?) with "var" before they can be assigned to anything.

Is JavaScript object-oriented?

It is... kind of! JavaScript has grown into a mostly robust language over the years.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Yeah the "visual novel" assets are basically soft core hentai. Really gross.

Deltree: That Bonus Pack (the 600+mb one) is the Scifi assets.

Some of the sv battlers for actors seem to be missing, which is odd. Wonder if we'll get them. I love that princess face set. =/

I'm loving the character generator. I'm gonna make a game with an adventurer's guild where you can change your appearances at any time. Some of the eyes for guys are weird but overall it's nice. I love having all hair options available for both genders.

Cherry, the default main character for CHAINSAW PARTY
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Craze
Yeah the "visual novel" assets are basically soft core hentai. Really gross.

Eeew. I mean, if you're making a softcore game, that's cool. But otherwise, I'd rather have more respectful assets.

author=Craze
I'm loving the character generator. I'm gonna make a game with an adventurer's guild where you can change your appearances at any time. Some of the eyes for guys are weird but overall it's nice. I love having all hair options available for both genders.

NIIIIIIICE!

But yeah, it's weird how some of them will have eyes where one eye is looking forward but the other is in the corner of the eye. I wonder what's up with that.
Hi guys, what did I mi-

OH MY GOD! IT'S ALREADY COMINNNGGGGGG!!! XD

author=TehGuy
though this guy is pissed

He can't wait 12 hours for a product to be online!? Man, some people are... :P

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
They removed the softcore stuff from the download. The parent company (KDA/Kadadowa?) added it at the last minute. It'll be available in the future somehow, according to Degica, but is no longer part of that "BasePackage" with the rest of the scifi material.
Pity... the enemies were pretty cool.
Drat, there goes my plans to make a Leisure Suit Larry JRPG!
Wait, they took stuff out? Aww...
Impulse buy'ed!

Seriously though, that video series from the past 12 days or whatever really pumped me up for MV, so I want to least tinker around with it.

I've been thinking a lot about plugin development, brushing up on my javascript, learning some Pixi.js stuff, and drooling at the possibilities for that character generator. Hopefully this idea won't incite riots or anything, but how would people feel about paying for plugins? I'm thinking mainly for commissions I guess (maybe through Patreon), but how far would a plugin have to go to be worth some money?