[RMVX ACE] NEED A PARTNER TO FINISH GAME (HELP REQUEST)

Pages: 1
Hey! I've been trying to work on my game Highschool Contracts for a couple months now. Originally it was supposed to be a single project but I got busy and had a lot of trouble and realized it was something at this point I can't do on my own. I would like to request a partner or two to help me finish the game. Most of the writing and scenes are complete, and the maps and sprites are set.

I'm good there, my main problem is trying to get the game to work because some bugs have caused a lot of issues, but due to me being so busy I can't take the time to tackle all these problems. At this point I'm afraid my project will go on so long I won't want to make it anymore. I do have a couple things left to do scene wise but its towards the very end of the game and can wait.

The plot is basically... the story revolves around Aaron. A sixteen year old boy who cannot forgive his deadbeat father for leaving him, his sister and his mother at a dire time. Their mother had gotten deathly ill and at that time, he bailed. This left Aaron and his sister Misha to slowly watch their mother die in front of them and no parent to help them through it or be there for them afterwards.

When he was fourteen he made a contract with the Grim Reaper to kill his father in return for his abandonment. His mother's death had taken a great toll on him and the past couple years was spent boiling in hatred over what happened. While his sister was able to move on he wasn't, and felt his father deserve a horrible fate. The Grim's job was to kill his father, but since he was young he doesn't remember his father's name or face and so the Grim has nobody to kill.

So it was Aaron's job to search for his father. Of course he was still in school though, which made it harder. He had to maintain a sort of regular daily life as nobody else could see the Grim and he couldn't tell his sister what he had done. After he killed his father the Grim would take his soul as payment. Two years and he has not been able to find his father.

The Grim meanwhile has been having a fun time playing video games, being a total nuisance to Aaron and playing death metal really loud at night and getting him yelled at. In highschool at the current time the game starts, since Aaron refuses to give up on his quest and it seems hopeless so far the Grim assigns you, a fourth wall breaker called the Director to help Aaron complete his goal.

There are several choices throughout the game that decides an ending. It's mentioned by Death that the only way to complete your goal and kill your father is by killing anyone that gets in your way. But can you manage to actually kill these innocent people to get what you want? Or will you spare them because it's not worth it? Your ecstatic best friend, the shy girl who is crushing on you, a girl who hates you for no reason and your sister... do they deserve to die?

There are several plot twists in the game. Like I said I have most of the game complete but am not able to finish it by myself at the rate I'm at. There are way too many bugs that I can't handle on my own and I have other things to worry about in life. So if anyone is willing to help me finish this game I'd be very happy, and in return I can gift you a steam game (as long as it's not extremely pricey) or something like that.

Below are some screenshots of my work. Thank you!

What kind of bugs are you talking about? If you're having issues with eventing, I might be able to help (not that I'm an expert, but I've been working on creative use of events for my own game, and it could give me some more opportunity to practice.) If you're having scripting issues, that's another matter entirely, and I certainly wouldn't be qualified to help you.
It's all eventing. I don't think I've used a single script.
If the issues you're having are just the ones you mentioned in the Help Me thread, I left a comment on those just now. If you have a lot of other stuff that needs checking and are looking for a more permanent partner to deal with that, I might be able to help out with that, but I'd be juggling it with other projects, so the time I can offer is limited.

In general, I think it's probably a good idea to test your own scenes before you hand the game off to playtesters, since it's not safe to assume that everything will work right the first time. If you wait for your testers to review your essential plot scenes to find out whether they work or not, your feedback cycle is a lot slower. Once you've tested for the basic bugs, your playtesters can go over it and may catch stuff that you missed because they'll push the game in ways you wouldn't think to, having created it yourself.

Of course, even after following my own advice, I still uploaded a release of my own game which contained game-breaking bugs. But at least those were bugs that popped up when I tried to encrypt the game for upload, rather than ones which would show up in my own playtests!
It's more than just that. Those were just some of the ones that popped out at that moment. My play tester is a friend that helped me find bugs while playing it since I'm bad at spotting them, so I guess it was more of a bug spotter?? I don't know. Anyways, I don't mind the juggling with other projects honestly.
Well, I can probably put some time into it then if you'd like.
Yea I'd really appreciate that if you're up for it. If you want my contact uhh I have a discord #1800 or hyliakitty @skype I guess. o:
I also don't mind helping your project if you still need someone.
Extra help is always good, I'd be happy to have your assistance as well if you're up for it.
I played this amazing gem not too long ago.
The main character and story is great in my opinion.
I'm interested in helping this project anyways.

Would appreciate anyone that could help me with bugs, having multiple people is great IMO because sometimes people aren't available when I am. Just keep in mind I can't give multiple people some sort of steam game in return as my funds are low, so I do hope not every expects something such as that in return x.x

Um, anyways! If anyone else is willing to help just go ahead and friend me on skype @hyliakitty with the strange looking anime girl as a picture, or #1800 MintyLizzie currently on Discord with a green haired anime generator as a profile picture. I'm also in the RPGMAKER.NET chat though I don't talk much there. Just mention you're from here willing to help with my game.

Since Desertopa isn't available around 2-7pm my time its sort of inconvenient since that's the time when I'm more active, so it's very appreciative for people willing to work with me around these times. ^^; Also I'm glad that people are taking their time to help me, and I'm also glad you have enjoyed the demo Davenport!
I can help. Finding problems with events can be tough but I enjoy the challenge
I can help. I finding problems with events can be tough but I enjoy the challenge
If you are up for helping me then friend me on skype! I'm having trouble getting help from other people due to inconvenient times so that'd be great.
Pages: 1