AN N64 MINI? DOES IT HAVE 21 GOOD GAMES?

Pages: first prev 12 last
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from LockeZ
Kirby 64 was fuckin' awful. Yoshi's Story is also not a good video game.

Blasphemyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! This opinion is fuckin' awful.

Most of the games I would want have already been mentioned. Bomberman 64 and its sequel were decent titles, but Bomberman Hero doesn't even deserve a mention. Aidyn Chronicles needs a remake worse than it needs a rerelease.
Kirby 64 was a letdown, especially compared to Superstar. Yoshi's Story was also lame.

I agree with LockeZ fully.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
I'm biased toward Kirby 64 because it was the first Kirby game I ever played. Other Kirby games kinda grate my nerves for a few reasons, but even so, I think 64 is a good game on its own. I can see why it'd be a letdown if you were expecting something else, but I like it plenty for what it is.

Yoshi's Story is one of those games where you get out what you put into it. It's as simple or as complex as you're willing to make it out to be.

Our opinions are opposed! Do I call you guys Hitler now???
These N64 console games were among my top favorites:
Turok 1
Turok 2
Banjo Kazooie
DK-64
Starfox 64
Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Bros
Pokemon Stadium
Mario Kart 64

Kirby 64 was fine. I always found Kirby's Dreamland 3 to be the black sheep of Kirby (though most people disagree with me).

Well anyway, has anyone nominated Tetrisphere and Wetrix yet? Very fun puzzle games that didn't see much love after their release.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=kory_toombs
I'm pretty sure Microsoft owns the rights to Perfect Dark.
Golden Eye has another licensing problem.

So what? You think every game on a Nintendo system has to be made by Nintendo? That third-party titles have stopped existing some time between 1998 and present day?

The SNES Mini has a bunch of Square Enix and Capcom games, and Microsoft released Minecraft for the Switch.
Yeah, I actually think that Goldeneye has a pretty good chance on being on a N64 Classic, licensing issues aside. I mean, it did have a remake of it on the Wii that was pretty solid, and it’s still one of the most popular and most beloved games on the N64 and helped redefined the first-person shooter genre, so I can possibly see it having a bit a chance on making it on there if it happens. That, and probably Donkey Kong 64 (and maybe Diddy Kong Racing, maybe?) are probably the only Rare games that we’ll see on there in the end - but I guess you just never know.

Anways, the only obscure ones that I don’t think will have a chance in hell of ever being on there, but I would love to see make it in, would probably be Extreme G, Hybrid Heaven, Mischief Makers, and one of the many fabulous wrestling games made by THQ at the time, like WWF: No Mercy. Aw, man...all those games were so much fun, especially Extreme G, as it was like a combination of both Twisted Metal with all its crazy items and weapons and the fast pace nature of F-Zero. Put any one of those on there and you have me sold!

- But I think they’re planning on making a Game Boy Classic one first before an N64 one, with some of the rumors that are going on out there:

author=Sated
N64 doesn't really deserve it. The Playstation killed it, and literally killed SEGA too.

The first portable gaming system I owned was a Nintedo DS
First one for me was the original Game Boy, and then eventually my brother and I ended up both getting Game Boy Colors a few years later on so we could mainly battle and trade Pokemon with each other. I’ve never owned a Game Boy Advance, a DS, or a 3DS before, but I’ve played a few games on them whenever someone would happen to bring one of them over at my old workplace during lunchtime.

Unfortunately, my old Gameboy is long but dead…but I do still have my old Game Boy Color one - and it still works pretty good. I actually busted out my old copy of Dr. Mario on it to see if it still worked, and not only did it work but I ended up playing it for at least an half-an-hour before eventually remembering that I had something to do in that time, lol.

I wouldn’t be against a Gameboy Classic. But there better be, at least, around 40 - 50 games or so on it for me to even consider it.
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I didn't own the original brick game boy but a counsin did and it was too big for my kid hands
Oh yeah, that thing was pretty hefty back in the day; it was like trying to lift one of those five pound weight things in your hands. Thank god I was an awfully big kid and I had awfully big hands, ‘cause I don’t know if I would have been able to hold it up there for more than twenty minutes at a time. At least the Game Boy Color one is pretty light to hold up.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I mean it's smaller and ligher than an iPad. Hell, it's smaller and lighter than an Xbox One controller.
It's smaller and lighter than the original Xbox controller.

Then again, an actual N64 is smaller and lighter than the original Xbox controller.
Pages: first prev 12 last