A.I. GENERATION AND RMN

You kidding me? I spent a year and a half making my game with ai, story included!
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=Frogge
benos did you by any chance not read the OP and think this was a thread for sharing AI art lmao

No, I just wanted to post lewds. :p
author=NNOIZZ
You kidding me? I spent a year and a half making my game with ai, story included!

Show it on rpgmakerweb (which accepts AI-generated complements). That site is more active, anyway.

People with like minds should go to the places where they feel they belong.
i think he's making a joke because you apparently need to feel empathy for the hypothetical people in their hyper specific situations involving a technology method that's only recently become a thing. but also ai takes no time at all so it's a no brainer, but also it takes a lot of hard earned effort so if you ban it it's a wasting a lot of collective effort. i guess

the consequences are not worth arguing for anyway if you can't get past the actual principle of the matter. like im going to assume putting a lot of effort into something doesn't let you skip RMN's submission guidelines in any other case.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Zachary_Braun
People with like minds should go to the places where they feel they belong.
Game design school? The dumpster? A mental hospital? One of those suicide booths from the first episode of Futurama?
Suicide booths? Really? Lol. A comment I did not think I'd see here in progressive RMN, that's for sure.

I don't have too much else to say on this topic as I don't use the Ai.. but the discourse is pretty ironic considering the demographics.
I genuinely appreciate this site's stance on AI generated assets. As an artist myself who also pays employees to make the dream games I've always wanted, I would never support the scraping A.I. generative programs do. This forum and its administration continues to be top quality.

author=Prinnyhero
Suicide booths? Really? Lol. A comment I did not think I'd see here in progressive RMN, that's for sure.

I don't have too much else to say on this topic as I don't use the Ai.. but the discourse is pretty ironic considering the demographics.
Ahahahaha nah this is one of the most wild rpgmaker websites, which is why I like it. Yet despite its more lax house rules, it still manages to have a better moral stance than the website that supposedly thinks it represents the community.
author=Zachary_Braun
Show it on rpgmakerweb (which accepts AI-generated complements). That site is more active, anyway.
Case in point.

im trying to think of a demographic that doesn't get into discourse
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
author=NNOIZZ

And story generators and all.
author=NNOIZZ
It's actually impressive anyone can say something like this with complete conviction and mean it as if it stands for something other than like... how?

Like, you could have made a good game on your own at that point, I should know! I've made demos of decent quality in a couple months, how do you take a year and a half?

Even Fantasia has only been in production five years and it's such an overly-ambitious project I've been called deranged for merely entertaining the venture! Yet here it is two-thirds complete and soon to go even further beyond!

But yeah congrats, you pressed a button and apparently had to do that so many times and clean up so much garble it took 50% more time than most games of decency take to develop.

How is AI even helpful if this is the result? In that time you could have learned actual trade skills and probably made a decent game that you could have put on this site.

That or you're being satirical in which case I think you might be the best troll on this entire website and that is no easy bar to clear. Well played!
If generative AI is so slow at game building and story writing, then you have one more good reason to build the game yourself and write the story yourself.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
They are saying the year-and-a-half dev time includes writing the story? Maybe that's the only effort they bothered to put into the game?

Though, saying that, it might not really be a point worth debating. They are either serious, and likely left RMN in a huff, or as mentioned, were utilizing sarcasm.
I'd love to believe it is sarcasm. However, I have my doubts. I've seen far stupider shit said with unwavering conviction on social media platforms so the bar for bait is so low even making a bait post of low quality gets a large hoard of idiots involved. Why yes! I am speaking from experience!

I think back in my hayday I myself probably said far stupider shit with complete conviction, honestly! I remember getting rightly roasted a good few times for very childish and shallow remarks.

Still, here's hoping NOIZZ or w/e is just a funny troll. I'd rather that than him being a genuine moron. I have this funny thing called "faith in humanity" (cringe, I know!) and it's taken enough knocks lately as it is!

I don't think anything will ever top LockeZ's dry wit though. Every time that fella speaks it is just pure gold.
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
author=Marrend
Though, saying that, it might not really be a point worth debating. They are either serious, and likely left RMN in a huff, or as mentioned, were utilizing sarcasm.

I personally think excessively theory-crafting this dude’s throaway comment in remarkable depth sounds hilarious. I need to know the entire lore behind NOIZZ’s relationship to AI!
author=Remi-Chan
I'd love to believe it is sarcasm. However, I have my doubts. I've seen far stupider shit said with unwavering conviction on social media platforms so the bar for bait is so low even making a bait post of low quality gets a large hoard of idiots involved. Why yes! I am speaking from experience!

I think back in my hayday I myself probably said far stupider shit with complete conviction, honestly! I remember getting rightly roasted a good few times for very childish and shallow remarks.

Still, here's hoping NOIZZ or w/e is just a funny troll. I'd rather that than him being a genuine moron. I have this funny thing called "faith in humanity" (cringe, I know!) and it's taken enough knocks lately as it is!

I don't think anything will ever top LockeZ's dry wit though. Every time that fella speaks it is just pure gold.

They were probably being sarcastic.

https://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/27304/