THE RMN COMIC COLLABORATION - ACT 2

just read the first comic and i lol'd hard
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
aznchipmunk is currently out of town but yes, there's always room for more people.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I don't know if this has been brought up or mentioned... but from the last two comics we can seriously surmise that something should be said about how to draw a comic.

Not that MS Paint craziness is WRONG... not my point at all, quality isn't the focus here.
What I'm driving at is that on each page, you are making one statement. When planning a comic, you basically break down each page into a sentence. Like "Someone talks to someone about x" or "guy chases other guy and grabs his sack" or "man dives off cliff to death" or whatever else. One statement is made.

That aside, there is something else we should all consider in the air of good improv. You should try and show as much information as possible; characters involved in a dialogue, where they are in relation to each other, what the setting is... all that fancy stuff.
This is especially important in something like this, so that people aren't left thinking "uh..." and not having anything to draw on. Worse, is the person after that is further wtf'd because he/she doesn't know at all what was happening before that.
The point of this is to be random, yar, but at what cost?

Case in point, I was given a page that showed the bust of a ninja saying he was going to do an attack. It didn't show where he was or who he was talking to, and as such I had no information to pass on to the next artist.

This is an observation and recommendation. Food for thought. Whatever.
Heh, I know what you mean. I had to follow up on one of those splash pages this time around and they are pretty rough.

I think it's mostly just an internal struggle from being an artist rather than the comic though. The goal of these comics is to be an incoherent mess, where people, places, and things are supposed to get lost in translation due to people wielding the uncompromising power of MSPaint in all it's glory. Under normal conditions all those things are colossal errors. So it sort of becomes more of a battle with your own artistic ego to actually lower your own standards temporarily, than the rules themselves being the challenge.

Honestly it's been excruciatingly difficult for me both times I've submitted something. It really pushes me in a way I'm not used to though, so I find it really fun.
tardis
statistic, your page in the last comic was absolutely my favourite.
I promise I'm not dead. :)
Just been really busy.
Ok, upon failing several times to produce a page that's actually good, I've come to the stunning realization that I'm very bad at this. I'll go ahead and opt-out at this point since I don't want to ruin the comic :)

Maybe I'll stick to music. AA, I'll forward your page to the next one on the list.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
What makes you think we want quality? Make it as horrible as possible.
The crazier the better, to a point! All of my pages so far have been MSMesses and no-one's complained so far.
Actually, not really all of them >_>
Happy
Devil's in the details
so where is this going at the moment?
I have it and have had it for five days. I promise I'll draw something today...

EDIT: I sent my piece on.
So, tardis has it, meaning it'll come to me within the next few days
Hey Sam, mind if I squeeze in between you and Tardis for this? I'm moving to start work and probably won't have time for this after this week.

EDIT: Nevermind, too late now. Guess I'll keep my original spot after all.
How is it too late? I've not been sent anything from Tardis yet
tardis
yeah horrible insanity is descending on my life a little bit (always seems to when i get these damn comic things) and if i can get moved down a bit that would be cool. things at my house are kind of in flux and i'm doing a lot of shit for my dad and blaaaaaaah. tell me who to send shinan's on to, and i will get back on this train a little later.
Umm, okay send it to me. I don't have a tablet at my place now, but I'll figure something out...
Well, I have the week off work and my tablet's ready and raring to go, so I'll leave it up to Tardis as to who the page goes to.
Send it to both of us and we'll have 2 versions of the comic going.