THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

author=Luc
Just wanted to say. When having a game on Steam, you can see how many people have played your game and also if there are users playing it now. My game was kinda not being played in October and then Twell became a Featured Game in November on RMN. While being on the home page of RMN, it was played almost every day by at least someone until it got removed by a new Featured Game for December.

So yeah, RMN truly gives that extra attention. :)
:O
unity
You're magical to me.
Wow super cool! :DDDDD
Aw, it works! Sometimes! For some people!

Also, we have an audience?! That listens?! To us?! o.O
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
A new year means we should feature a different game! February could be the Game of the Year winner. Depends if The Lonely League, which has already been featured (and rightly so), wins it, or if it's one of the other nominees.
Oh shit, I totally forgot! You're correct. I think we'll hold off on any of the nomnated games for now, and go with something else.
We need Dragon Quest +
Marrend
It would be the apparent runner-up for Game of the Year, since The Lonely League, which was already featured, won that category. Among others. However, I think I recall seeing a post by Frogge on Discord about taking front page duty after having noticed action had not been taken yet, or something?

*Edit: We can still feature it in March, I guess?
orz
the idea was to wait until the misao round-up was done before putting up this month's game, frogge

:shake fists:

:cries in spaghetti:
author=kentona
We need Dragon Quest +

+2

Shaky month. We need a hero.
we need a dragon quest +
author=LordBlueRouge
author=kentona
We need Dragon Quest +
+2

Shaky month. We need a hero.
we need a dragon quest +

Here lies Erdrick RIP
People talk about Feature Creep as though it's the act of continually putting new features into a project, pushing it out of scope and delaying it, but that's not it. Feature Creep is when you stalk this page at the end of every month to see what people suggest and what gets chosen.

It was me. I was the Feature Creep all along.
*Radiohead begins to play...*
Marrend
What's on tap for April's feature? The real one, not a fake one, if that's gonna be a thing this year.
Well depending on if full releases of games that came out years ago but weren't ever uploaded here until very recently due to silly reasons count, the upcoming Perseverance Full Clearance or Stellar Bewitching (Remastered) might be good places to start!

That's if it's only complete games, Demo projects would open up some more avenues.

Huh? Did I use this post to plug my own game and also a friends? Yes! I uh... I guess I did!
Marrend
I don't think a game's "release date" matters in the slightest. The game just has to be good enough to be featured, and be either listed as Complete or Cancelled. Like, The Way - Episode 1 and Final Fantasy - Endless Nova are both (as of this writing) within the first 2 pages of the featured game filter, and both of those go waaaaaaaaaaaay the hell back.

I dunno about plugging your own game for featured game, though. Maybe for Misao nominations? There's certainly arguments for and against plugging your own game in regards to either getting a feature, or in respect to self-voting in the Misao voting period, but, I can't really say where I personally stand on this matter.
If you want to plug your own game, just ask a bro to do it for you :)
My games would have to be on featured by the looks which I don't think given how recently they were added and the general disrepute I have around the place (thanks to old crap) that such is really going to happen, unfortunately!

The one I was gunning for also is still pending, but that's completely fine.

It was worth inquiring about, trying to find avenues to get my games out there is important!
The best way to get Featured Game is to get some decent reviews from people on the site (randos no-one knows are seen as a bit less trustworthy) OR win a Misao OR be part of an event (if there's a competition in the event, the winner usually gets a showcase, but if not, the better games get shown off on featured spots).

Generally, if you make a game that gets some recognition and is good quality, it'll eventually get noticed and get recommended. We... don't really look at people recommending their own games, because everyone thinks their game is cool.
author=Liberty
everyone thinks their game is cool.

Actually, no! I think my games have a lot of flaws. But I like to receive player feedback so I can improve them and also make better games in the future.
I *know* my games are cool