+++ DYNRPG - THE RM2K3 PLUGIN SDK +++

author=Xenomic
On that note, thinking of what I asked before about being able to change the attributes/conditions/MP Costs/damage/accuracy/etc. for skills, I'm assuming that could be done theoretically with weapons too, as well as characters (granted, I...can't think of what would even be done with characters to fiddle with anyways)? And I'm going to assume that Evasion is a no-go on changing at all due to how it is?

Right, pretty much anything you could set in the database could theoretically be altered at run-time using DynRPG, but evasion is not a direct trait of heros and monsters, it's an indirect result of agility in the battle algorithm which DynRPG has no access to. It might be possible to create a plugin that tweaks a battler's agility before an attack's calculation and sets it back immediately afterward, but I don't have the time and inclination to investigate that.
Hello, is there any way to change the maximum stack of items in your inventory?
Hey, i got that as a dynrpg quickpatch. This changes the maximum count for all items.

ItemCap=4A6251,14,4A62E1,14,490234,14,492F99,14,494262,14,49427D,14,494783,14

14 is the hexadecimal representation for the decimal number 20, which is my maximum item count.

However, increasing the number above 127 might lead to errors, above 255 sure does. Don't know if the value is taken as 8 bit signed or unsigned everywhere it is used.
Anything above 99 leads to bad placement of the item count in the menus because it is not made for numbers with more than two digits.

If you want to decrease the max count, it works great.
To increase it~ i don't think so.
There's also RM Limit Changer and RM2k3++, although I think both of those are patches which may not play nice with DynRPG.

Incidentally, while looking those up I ran across PepsiOtaku's BattleStoreItemSkill plugin, which sounds like it does some of the same things I'm trying to do now with DynBattleChoices. c.ca I should've checked the utilities area more thoroughly before.
author=Corti
However, increasing the number above 127 might lead to errors, above 255 sure does. Don't know if the value is taken as 8 bit signed or unsigned everywhere it is used.

Thanks for answering this one. In DynRPG at least, you can set the the item amount above 99 (up to 255), but 2k3 wasn't built to display that 3rd digit everywhere, so the item menu itself may show "255", but when you go to use it, you might see "25" in the sub-menu, and in battles strangely, you'll see "99" even though it's still technically higher.

I think it also breaks the function that decreases the item amount, so even though you use the item a few times in and out of battle, it'll still get stuck at 255 (or whatever number it was set at higher than 99 initially).

(Basically, it's not worth it and you're gonna have a bad time...)
author=Corti
Hey, i got that as a dynrpg quickpatch. This changes the maximum count for all items.

ItemCap=4A6251,14,4A62E1,14,490234,14,492F99,14,494262,14,49427D,14,494783,14

14 is the hexadecimal representation for the decimal number 20, which is my maximum item count.

Anything above 99 leads to bad placement of the item count in the menus because it is not made for numbers with more than two digits.

If you want to decrease the max count, it works great.
To increase it~ i don't think so.

Thank you! I want to make the stack smaller, so this is perfect.
Hello again, is there any way to remove the EXP/Gold/Item obtained message at the end of battle? Even better, is there a way to store the amount of XP and Gold you'd receive from a battle so it could be manipulated afterwards with multipliers and what not?

New plugin alert! DynBattleChoices records data about the choices made by battlers into RPG Maker 2003 variables. The data recorded includes the type of action taken (basic attack, skill, defend, item, etc.), the ID of the skill or item used if any, and the ID, party position, and side (actors or enemies) of both the battler taking the action and the target if any. This allows developers to add extra effects to battlers' actions through scripting, or even implement entirely scripted battle effects which use skills simply to determine the player's and enemies' choices.

Little extra note which may be of interest to the type of people who follow this thread: DynBattleChoices also forces an extra run through the battle event pages for switch-triggered pages, fully after the current battle action, of any type, is completed. Even if you don't use the data-gathering aspect of the plugin, that alone may be useful to you. Also, this is made possible by the highly experimental updateBattleEvents function, so the DynRPG headfolks might want to keep an eye on this. As far as my testing went, it seems to work fine, although I can't claim it was super-exhaustive.
Hm...trying to think of what this could be used for. >_<
Mainly it's useful for custom-scripted skill effects. Ordinarily it's very tough to know what skill the player just used.
author=Xenomic
Hm...trying to think of what this could be used for. >_<

I used that ( my own version, not his ) to build a lot of stuff.
* custom condition system.
* damage, heal, ressource over time based on stats instead of % or fixed value
* complicated skills and lots of skill effects
* skill cooldowns, charges and other mechanics
* custom ressources instead of mana ( rage, combo points, energy etc.) and different ways to generate and use them

If you look at commercial games and their skilltrees and talent choices, a lot of that requires code to run exactly after a battler executed a certain action.
Hmm....heal or damage based on stats...I'd like to do that with the Poison/Regen types in my game actually. That'd make some of these stats more viable then since 2k3 stats suck so much normally. Wonder what kind of skill effects and skills though, that sounds like something I'd like to do for my characters to make them even more unique. : o
Some examples that i created for "Dark Sword" ( available as a demo if you can deal with german texts ) and my project.
* A skill that is made available on hit for one use.
* a "focus"-skill that allows to use other skills while focus-status is active
* skill effects based on enemies or heroes lifepoints, for example no cooldown triggered, additional conditions etc.
* triggering healing on hero oder poison on enemy effect if using a skill removed enemy conditions
* throwing daggers after using a dagger-attack, or an elemental wave with the element of the used skill.
* bleed effect on critical strikes
* exploding arrows. Arrows hits primary target for a little physical damage, followed by explosion on all enemies.
* triggering a poison nova when attacking poisoned targets
* dark mark: triggers shadow damage every time the target is attacked by a hero
* thorns aura, reflects damage
* enemy spellcasting that can be interrupted by a number fo attacks or interrupt skills
* atb push-back/forward, basically grandia-style atb.

Some of that stuff can also be done by creating skills that set a switch that triggers an event page, but this and other-dynrpg features make it elegant. All our monster groups have only two event pages. If my project leader wants some new skills with custom effects, i don't need to change a single monster group and there are a lot less compromises because linkToEvent-commands and triggerskills can't have animations and don't have target selection and event page execution is unreliable and all that.
OMG lol. So many interesting things! I'd especially love to be able to dabble with the ATB thing for sure. I wonder if this could work like the RTP patch where specific skills cannot be reflected or specific skills can be dodged via "Evade All Attacks"? And I'm assuming the extra attacks added are all done via eventing (meaning they don't actually HAVE those elements but they do in the coding theoretically)?
Almost everything requires eventcode.
A request for those involved in expanding DynRPG: is there any possibility we could get a callback triggered when the player uses a skill (or an item while we're at it) in the menu system outside of combat? I'd like to extend DynBattleChoices to be able to detect player choices outside of battle as well (although I guess I'll have to change the name then). I guess technically we could make do with a callback triggered when the player makes a selection in any window, using the context of which window it is to figure out what needs to be done from there. That would let plugin makers mess with other windows like Equip, which could be handy too. If it needs to be separate callbacks for specific windows, though, I'd prioritize Skill and Item.
I have a request, it is possible with quickpatches (or plugin?) to set the percent of HP/MP drained with skills using the drain option?
author=Maruyam4
I have a request, it is possible with quickpatches (or plugin?) to set the percent of HP/MP drained with skills using the drain option?

I guess it would be easier to emulate the drain effect by just adding HP/MP when a certain skill is used. DynRPG allows access to all data that is required to calculate the damage a skill would do. Sadly, it can not track if a skill missed and also not the randomness applied by the variance-factor.

If the goal is to make a "life on hit"-effect or have the skill generate ressource, that would be my way to go.

Aubreys "DynBattleChoices"-Plugin might help you build that in event code.
Small update to DynBattleChoices. I discovered and fixed a bug that caused the "Current battler is enemy" switch to work incorrectly.
Hey Pepsi, is this currently possible?

• Continue the battle screen after victory
  • Stop experience/gold awards
  • Record experience/gold etc if desired (for an out of battle awards system)
  • Add a custom awards message if desired (either the narrow battle message or the standard text box)
  • Stop the battle

I have a system that does it outside of battle, but I was hoping there was a way to straight up add rare items and other stuff into the battle code.