OUT OF CONTROL COPS - A SERIOUS PROBLEM IN AMERICA

Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
where are the receipts to the marijuana claim?? i haven't got much more information since the 108th day after mike brown died, shortly before Darren Wilson wasn't indicted. i mean even if there was marijuana in his system, it in no way changed his "frame of mind" to become more hostile... i just did a quick search and i don't think the autopsy has been released to the general public or anyone relevant enough to make that assertion

calling cops pigs on a internet forum versus centuries of social, economic, and insitutional racism? i wonder which is worse?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
On sunny days, I go out walking
@Cave_Dog
This is turning into too much of a defend-Darren-Wilson topic. I'm not biting (I admit, I haven't been keeping up on it).

you should do some research on it. the reason it is a good case to focus on is that it significantly highlights problems with the justice system protecting its own.

try to grab the cops gun, there was DNA on the gun, then walk away and when the cop got out of the car Michael Brown turned and came at the cop. That is the testimony of at least a few of the BLACK witnesses.
Defend the killing of Eric Garner? No, but I also will not indict the cop for trying to do his job. I guess we are looking at this from two different perspectives. All Garner had to do was admit he got caught breaking the law AGAIN or you can try to change that law so the cops are not asked by store owners to protect the people who pay them to do a job.

@Ratty, Yes, Wilson had a gun BUT when a 250lb ANGRY teenager is charging you as several of the black witnesses stated, I do believe Wilson could have wondered if his bullets would stop Brown. I don't know and neither does anyone else but I think the first few shots from Wilson are the ones that hit him in the arm. The wound in the hand happened in the car. The one that DID begin to bring him down was the hit to the upper right side of his chest. I THINK as Wilson was firing and the bullet wound to the chest made Brown begin to fall to the ground, THAT is when the head wound happened, when he was falling forward. It would have been nice if Wilson had stopped shooting for a second, Brown might still be alive but I GUESS Wilson did not stop shooting because Brown was so close.
All the evidence I've seen says Brown was about 35' from Wilson when he went down. I did see an artcle recently that said he was 100' from Wilson but I have no idea where they came up with that.

blood on wilson's gun doesn't necessarily prove that brown was reaching for it. medical examiners are divided on this issue. as far as i know, only wilson would have any idea if brown was trying to get his gun or not. none of the other witnessess would have any idea.

as for the store owner, again: wilson had zero idea of what took place in that store earlier and how it related to brown. even if he had, he was not 'protecting' anyone at that point.

the 35' figure is from the police department, because at that point it is considered reasonable to shoot someone running at you. the actual distance, ~150 feet, is what came about from actually measuring the distance between where wilson was standing and brown's body.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/video-police-lied-mike-brown-was-killed-148-feet-away-darren-wilsons-suv

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
@Dyhalto Yeah, I'm not finding any links either. The skit I quoted was from the Tonight Show, but I can't find a reference to that either. Maybe NPR. I was working for Piano World at the time and my boss insisted on listening to it all day.
Linkis
Don't hate me cause I'm Cute :)
@ Cave Dog...really?? Your source is AlterNet?? I also read that article. Now I see they are having a fund drive to pay their bills...Don't know if I would trust people who took Dorian Johnsons eyewitness account as the real facts. There was an arrest warrant for his arrest for giving a false name to another police dept..
"blood on wilson's gun doesn't necessarily prove that brown was reaching for it. medical examiners are divided on this issue. as far as i know, only wilson would have any idea if brown was trying to get his gun or not. none of the other witnessess would have any idea.

as for the store owner, again: wilson had zero idea of what took place in that store earlier and how it related to brown. even if he had, he was not 'protecting' anyone at that point.

The medical examiners are not divided since the only person who got to see Michael Browns body with all the evidence is the City Examiner. He had been washed after that and the forensic pathologist hired by the family did not see him right after the shooting. ALSO, the person who assisted with the second autopsy is now being called a fake. It's been all over the news, he performed autopsies without a degree.
Michael Brown was stopped initially for walking in the street, holding up traffic. When Wilson heard the report on his radio about the robbery and realized Brown fit the description and the fact that there was a second person with him, Wilson backed up to talk to him and that is when it all started.
Your right, he was not protecting anyone at that time. At that time he was then investigating a possible robbery.

Don't you guys watch the news and read the internet :) haha
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
i linked to alternet out of convenience. they are not the originator of these measurements, it's just the article i found that best sums everything up. If you were to find an article talking about how OJ was guilty on thinkprogress, would you immediately dismiss it? Or are you going to maybe do a single google search and see that the evidence immediately available to your eyeballs (pictures don't lie, dude) says that he was 150 feet away. Who cares if someone believes accounts of a witness you don't believe. Look at where Wilson's car was and where the body was.

medical examiners was a term i used out of convenience and being groggy.

Dr. Michael M. Baden, a nationally known forensic pathologist, said none of Brown’s wounds appeared to have been from shots fired at close range.

Baden noted then that there was no gunshot residue on the body, so it appeared to him that the muzzle of the weapon was at least one or two feet away. He said, “It could have been 30 feet away.”

either way, just because his hands were inside the car gives no proof that he was reaching for the gun. even if it did, it has little bearing on his death, being shot from 150 feet away.

Your right, he was not protecting anyone at that time. At that time he was then investigating a possible robbery.

again, he had no idea that mike brown was the suspect of that robbery. it is entirely irrelevant.

The Ferguson police officer who shot Michael Brown didn't stop him because he was suspected in a convenience-store robbery, but because he was "walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic," the city's police chief said Friday.
Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson -- hours after documents came out labeling the 18-year-old Brown as the "primary suspect" in the store theft -- told reporters the "robbery does not relate to the initial contact between the officer and Michael Brown."

the narrative that wilson stopped him because he suspected him to have been in a robbery was something that was only concocted several weeks afterwards...by wilson.

i mean, really, i would like to see a convincing argument against...all of this

pianotm
author=Linkis

No, this is becoming an obsession with, because I don't forget easily. Darren Wilson originally said in his initial statement that he had no idea of the store robbery when he stopped Brown. He would later testify before the grand jury that he had just gotten the call about the robbery, but had no idea Brown was involved, then when Brown attacked him, he was having such a time of it he had to hand the cigarellos to his friend.

Now, pay attention to the images taken. You have video of the robbery. Look at his feet; he's wearing sandals. Look at the investigation photo at the scene of death. He's wearing boots. So, Brown had the time to leave the shop and change his shoes but not put the cigarellos down? AGAIN! I...DON'T...FORGET...EASILY. The robbery occurred the previous day. I was watching when the news first broke the video of the robbery.

Bob McCullogh did not cross examine Darren Wilson. If he had, his testimony would have fallen apart. Failure to cross-examine is considered incompetent. McCullogh could lose his license if a case is ever presented over it, but it won't happen.

Now, frankly, I don't know what happened. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown did attack Wilson, but there's audio that has Brown saying, "I'm unarmed. Don't shoot" and witnesses recall him saying, "Hands up. Don't shoot!" or did you think that protest slogan came from nowhere? Brown died 148 feet from Wilson and a bullet had struck him on the crown of the skull. This is not rocket science. There's more than enough here to raise important questions.

I think the final piece was how Darren Wilson finally writes his resignation letter, stating that he is a danger to the force and the community. Does he think police will be targeted by killers if he stays on?
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Linkis
Maybe before you talk about my racism you should look at how many time you refer to cops as pigs.

#notallwhites

author=Linkis
He was not mentally suited for the job and should most likely go to jail but it was really the fault of the town who hired him.

He should really be put on death row, if you ask me.

author=Linkis
Check this out, written by an educated Black Man:
http://mychal-massie.com/premium/if-whites-were-black-their-murders-would-matter/

CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
this is a sidenote essentially, but I still think it's really weird that most people, even on the right, have the opposite perception of the garnier case than me. at the worst, I would rule it as manslaughter. <_>
Linkis
I guess it will be up to the internet to set this straight :)

@pianotm, if you check a few videos of the shooting online you will see Mike Browns sandals are marked as evidence on the street, NOT boots :)

For everyone else, that 100' distance was a lie by Shaun King and it was debunked in an article: http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/40682/locker/Chara4.png

I also found this article written by a black man, I think a reverend but not sure.
You might be interested in all the white people killed by black people and the stories go unreported. This is basically why I'm against all the news coverage by the media about the marches, die ins, looting and rioting. I am very much afraid, if the media keeps this up there might be a race war. That will not be pretty at all.
Check this out, written by an educated Black Man:
http://mychal-massie.com/premium/if-whites-were-black-their-murders-would-matter/
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
author=Linkis
For everyone else, that 100' distance was a lie by Shaun King and it was debunked in an article: http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/40682/locker/Chara4.png
matter/

um
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
while normally i am convinced by 'charsheet.png' i think it is going to take a little more than that to overcome photographic evidence
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
hahahahahahaha
pianotm
Damn! I knew giving you that charset would come back to bite me!
Max McGee
Max, stop trying to make this about race all the time.

I just really want to know where the mob that was calling me a racist libertarian grognard or whatever in the last thread cause I said cops kill white folks like me too is now that I am being accused of trying to make everything about my zealous crusade for social justice for protected demographics.

Shit. Is. Surreal.

Calling cops pigs on a internet forum versus centuries of social, economic, and insitutional racism? i wonder which is worse?

Institutional racism ain't the worst or the only bad thing cops do.

u]You played with a bunch of friends, that 12yr old boy was pointing that realistic looking gun at people on the street and scaring them. A person called 911 and told them someone was pointing a gun at people on the street and scaring them. He said he was not sure but it Might Be A Toy and that the person might he a boy. The person dispatching police to the scene did not relay the information that it might be a boy NOR that it might have been a toy. The cops going to the scene were told a man with a gun was pointing it at people and scaring them.
YES, it was a grave error on the part of the police. First, the cop who killed the boy had been fired from another police force but his department NEVER checked his records on the other force. He was not mentally suited for the job and should most likely go to jail but it was really the fault of the town who hired him.

I was playing with a bunch of friends with realistic looking guns and swords in a public park. Police were called on us several times, by which I mean like park goers literally called the local cops and said 'there is someone on top of that dam with a sniper rifle'. Exactly none of those times was any of us shot or manhandled by a cop. Why do you think that is if not because we were white?

Also, why weren't these women shot when Tamir Rice and others were if not racism? Answer me that, sir.

More then the bad cops, let's try to fix the way they are hired and trained.

THIS FALSE DICHOTOMY IS TOTAL BULLSHIT. Punishing the murderers appropriately in no way excludes working on the system that hires and trains and equips cops, doing stricter screening, stricter firings, body cameras, federal felony crimes for disabling body cameras, and so on. BOTH OF THESE THINGS NEED TO HAPPEn.

Stop pretending that we can only do one or another. Crucify the cops responsible and then overthrow the system so this can't happen again.

As to your reference of my racism, that is the term being used my the black people being interviewed and by the black news anchors.
What other term would you like me to use.
Maybe before you talk about my racism you should look at how many time you refer to cops as pigs.

Another bullshit false dichotomy. Yes, I literally hate all cops except individuals that can prove they are exceptional. Please tell me, how does that strictly preclude you from hating all black people except individuals that can prove they are exceptional?

He simply, knowing he had a heart condition, asthma and was caught again...all he had to do, was cooperate with the cops and when he refused, he should not have tried to fight them.

GARNER DIDN'T FUCKING TRY TO FIGHT THEM. He didn't throw a punch, he didn't grab or shove. All he did was stand his ground with his arms akimbo. Can you really believe there weren't a DOZEN better ways for those officers to have brought him into custody with less chance of killing him?

You are literally saying that his civil disobedience JUSTIFIED HIS MURDER. Fuck. That. Forever.
Also, why weren't these women shot when Tamir Rice and others were if not racism? Answer me that, sir.
Because they are not pointing them at people? in a threatening manner. Aren't there laws in some states that allow people, more specifically adults, to carry guns in public?
Linkis
author=Link_2112
Because they are not pointing them at people? in a threatening manner. Aren't there laws in some states that allow people, more specifically adults, to carry guns in public?

@Link, you are correct, there are states that allow people to carry weapons in the open, ain't that just ducky...NO MORE FUCKIN' Walmart or Target for me. I wonder just how much training those ladies? have with their weapons. God help anyone in the line of fire when they begin spraying lead around and they have trouble controlling the muzzle :(

Max, there is simply no talking to you. Your mind is made up and no amount of reason, fact or anything else will change it. NOT saying anything in particular but you do remind me somewhat like those people at Waco. All cops are pigs and need to die. Same goes for the Feds....
Did you even take a look at the Black man who wrote the article about the Black men killing several White people? Black lives do matter, BUT NOT MORE THEN WHITE lives.
And good nite to you all :)
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
Did you even take a look at the Black man who wrote the article about the Black men killing several White people? Black lives do matter, BUT NOT MORE THEN WHITE lives.

are you attempting to hold one black person's opinion up as gospel. this, combined with the jesse jackson anecdote (which i have not found a source for) are really weird. why do you keep trying to bring up this point "even black people agree with cops sometimes!!!"

yes, it is tragic when anyone kills anyone,usually. here's the thing: that article is irrelevant. nobody is talking about those deaths because none of the people killed were killed by cops, whose motto and purpose is ostensibly 'protect and serve'. how does this relate to the discussion at hand, at all? are you going to respond to any of the points made by piano, max, or i, or just repeat 'well obviously you can't be reasoned with...won't explain why..xD"

i am also eagerly awaiting explanation for chara4.png....what is the secret of chara4.png....

edit: this next part of the post specifically pertains to racism in the justice system!!! BEWARE!!! note: im just speaking for myself not for max mcgee or piano or the terrifying beast known only as "the australian" also, this is less about the more high-profile cases in the OP

in this thread, i see a lot of 'cops are racist' vs. 'cops arent going out to kill black people for fun.' while the second argument doesnt really...address the first, i feel that both kind of miss the larger point

my beef is mainly not with racist police officers and prosecutors. they certainly exist, and should be dealt with, but my main problem is with local and federal legislatures that pass laws that contain systematically racist elements. if you assume this is true, then there are problems even with the loads and loads of cops acting with the best of intentions.
author=CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
but my main problem is with local and federal legislatures that pass laws that contain systematically racist elements.

Hmm, like which?
CAVE_DOG_IS_BACK
the disparity between sentences for crack and cocaine is a good example, since it is well-documented and blatant.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2010/08/03/data-show-racial-disparity-in-crack-sentencing

According to U.S. Sentencing Commission figures, no class of drug is as racially skewed as crack in terms of numbers of offenses. According to the commission, 79 percent of 5,669 sentenced crack offenders in 2009 were black, versus 10 percent who were white and 10 percent who were Hispanic. The figures for the 6,020 powder cocaine cases are far less skewed: 17 percent of these offenders were white, 28 percent were black, and 53 percent were Hispanic. Combined with a 115-month average imprisonment for crack offenses versus an average of 87 months for cocaine offenses, this makes for more African-Americans spending more time in the prison system.

sidenote: these figures used to be a lot more skewed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Sentencing_Act

to put it crudely having 10gs of crack used to be 100 times worse than having 10gs of coke in the eyes of the law. now it's 18 times worse.

the original anti-drug abuse act of 1986 was probably not passed because 'fuck blacks' but rather because 'fuck poor people, i want to keep snorting coke.' but minorities are disproportionately represented in the lower economic classes.

it might be more accurate to call what's up with such laws an 'economic issue with race overtones.' so while we need to address the socio-economic reasons that lead to minorities being economically disadvantaged and therefore more likely to end up on the wrong side of the law, in the meantime, it's hard to not react to such a law with 'thats racist' because....it does victimize a bunch of minorities for essentially no 'good' reason.

i regret bringing this point up because sentencing reform is an entirely separate topic from police reform. i was drunk xD
Max McGee

Link2112, John Crawford III was just in a Wal Mart like those white women, not pointing the airsoft gun--which he picked up in that store-- at anyone. He was wandering around with it pointed at the ground while talking on a cell phone. This is clear if you watch the surveillance video.

Why do you think he was shot and those white women weren't?

Max, there is simply no talking to you. Your mind is made up and no amount of reason, fact or anything else will change it.

You are the one who is not responding to or engaging with any of the points I made, sir.

To state the painfully obvious, what that particular Black (lol) man is missing is that the deaths of those white people aren't less newsworthy because of their race or the race of their killers. Actually, race has nothing to do with it. They are less newsworthy because they weren't murdered by police officers.