[RELEASE SOMETHING! DAY XIII] FEEDBACK THREAD

Pages: first 123456 next last
Here are the entries for the RS!D. Check out each and leave feedback here (or link to feedback from gamepages here.)

List of games/gamepages
Pizza - Photometric
Red_Nova - Soul Sunder 2
Puddle - Eidolescence
Cap_H - Mace Blue Chapter 3
Marrend - Myriad Cypher
Ebeth - Everything Will be Fine
Rose_Guardian - Dragon Reign
Housekeeping - Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass
Racheal - April was a Fool
AuberytheBard - LoZ: Forgotten Gates
Kazesui - Real Tactics Package
pianotm - River of Stars
CashmereCat - Account Mu
sawworm - 10 Minute Hero
Denrin2120 - Opus
Craze - Super Battle Kiddo Experience!
FangStiltskin - Walk of Life
Wolfcoder - RPG 20XX
Fomar0153 - Debonaire Sins
Subzero_Dragon - delve
bulmabriefs - Oracle of Tao
Yeaster - Gatekeeper
essej915 - Pudymon
El_Waka - Pinkie Hops
sbethune81 - Canvas
synbi - Grey Skies
kentona - Battledome
BizarreMonkey - Perseverance Adherence
charblar/unity - Hanging On (how the fuck did I miss that?!)

List of other stuff
Liberty - Updated Sample Maps
unity - Battlers for DarkFlameWolf
DarkFlameWolf - Video of Amulet of Fate
Ratty524 - MOG graphical content
Corfaisus - Post including screenshot
ErikHolland - Image on gamepage & Minigame
Luchino - Image of custom graphics
Addit - Post about Monopolo including screenshot
Housekeeping - Music for gam
VVBlastFuryVV - Screenshot & Demo
MercynMetal - Kickstarter Page
Merlandese - Music from Last Word
WCouillard - FFD Video
orochii - Video
LockeZ - Screenshot
Charblar - Gif
VideoWizard - Post with screenshot
janussenpre - Character design
hedge1 - Picture Text Creator Utility
Archeia_Nessiah - SECRET MYSTERY SUBMISSION via PM
PepsiOtaku - Post found here with video

I'll add more as they appear! If you've something that isn't here, make a bolded link to it on the event page comments so I can see. Don't post it in this thread.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Moved this over from the release thread since I jumped the gun a little...sorry

Luchino,

It looks odd to me that there is grass overhang at the top of some of the steps. Given that they would be the higher wear areas (land heavily on the top step on the way up, push off from it on the way down) I would have thought it would make more sense for the grasses to be overgrown anywhere along the cliff faces other than the the top treads. Especially since you are showing wear patterns for traffic with trails through the grass and bald patches/clearings. The one directly below Tristy actually make sense as it seems to indicate people (and animals I assume) tend to take a middle path, so the middle section is worn away and the edges still have some vegetation, but the others don't seem to follow that pattern.

Also the waterfall to the left of Tristy that falls behind the tree seems too wide for the water course it is falling into, the others are narrow falling into narrow or wide into wide, that seems to be wide into narrow. I am assuming that the fact that the lips of all the waterfalls are slightly wider than their origin watercourses is a tile issue and is simply the way they work.

I really do like this though, it's got a lovely natural feeling to it.
unity
You're magical to me.
Should Hanging On be added to the list of games/gamepages?

I'm going to be real busy tonight, so unfortunately, I'm not going to get to playing any of the games until tomorrow ;_;
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I gave the Soul Sunder 2 demo a whirl, going through the tutorial maps. One thing that I couldn't help but to notice was that this game is not very F12-reset friendly! Also, the advanced skills that Terran learns from Advanced Magical Arts hit all targets, despite the description-text saying that it was a single-target spell? The fact that it had me select a target is pretty weird too. Anyway, let's talk about these characters!

• Aery
I can totally get behind this guy. His ability set is actually wider than it appears, thanks to Essense Drain.

• Mia
She was a bit confusing. I dunno, maybe I just had a lot of trouble finding a balance between her two stances.

• Amalie
Was most notable for her Shield Bash, thanks to it being able to cancel Miasma Charge. Though, maybe it's just me, but I get a very Oharu-like vibe from this character.

• Terren
For the most part, he's a standard elemental-based mage. I feel like switching tomes mid-battle might make him more versatile, but, if Red_Nova doesn't want to mess with that, I can totally understand.

• Trill
I really have to wonder how her Geomancy Trance is going to function? Though, I can suppose that it could simply be a matter of learning and forgetting skills when a new area is entered.

• Reyson and Serra
So, Serra is a non-combatant, but her abilities are infused onto Reyson. Or something like that? I fear I wasn't paying too much attention to that point. All I know is that, because of their interaction with each other, Reyson gets the only ability in the game that costs two actions.

Also, I really liked how everybody could access items from the stock, and especially that there was no need to equip them! I might not be too enthralled about how items max out at a quantity of 8, but, I think doing it this way is, generally, better.
@Addit: That's pretty impressive, man. Are you using pictures for every number/letter or can you actually output text for that version of RPG Maker?

@Luchino: I'm not sure when you switched to the larger-style sprite, but it looks pretty rad--really reminiscent of Phantasy Star's sprites. Your mapping always looks stellar.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
I'm pretty sure Craze released Super Battle Kiddo Experience! for this event.

Responding to Marrend:

One thing that I couldn't help but to notice was that this game is not very F12-reset friendly! Also, the advanced skills that Terran learns from Advanced Magical Arts hit all targets, despite the description-text saying that it was a single-target spell? The fact that it had me select a target is pretty weird too.

Whoops. That's what I get for copy/pasting stuff. The descriptions are correct, and the abilities are only supposed to hit one target.

Mia:

She was a bit confusing. I dunno, maybe I just had a lot of trouble finding a balance between her two stances.

Yeah, it takes a bit before you get used to her style. Keep at it, I'm sure you'll get it.

Amalie:

Was most notable for her Shield Bash, thanks to it being able to cancel Miasma Charge. Though, maybe it's just me, but I get a very Oharu-like vibe from this character.

Oharu? From Oracle of Askigaga? Can you elaborate on this point, because I don't know how they are similar, especially since there's no dialogue in this game.

Terren:

For the most part, he's a standard elemental-based mage. I feel like switching tomes mid-battle might make him more versatile, but, if Red_Nova doesn't want to mess with that, I can totally understand.

I tried doing that with ALL the characters, not just Terren, and it's still an idea I haven't completely scrapped yet. Before I look into it further, I needed to decide how characters learn Drives.

Trill:

I really have to wonder how her Geomancy Trance is going to function? Though, I can suppose that it could simply be a matter of learning and forgetting skills when a new area is entered.

Check out her Off-hand equipment. That item will change depending on which area she is in. Manually adding/removing skills is way too much of a pain!

Reyson and Serra:

So, Serra is a non-combatant, but her abilities are infused onto Reyson. Or something like that? I fear I wasn't paying too much attention to that point. All I know is that, because of their interaction with each other, Reyson gets the only ability in the game that costs two actions.

That's pretty much the extent of what I have for the pair so far. I'll certainly come up with more abilities as time passes.

Also, I really liked how everybody could access items from the stock, and especially that there was no need to equip them! I might not be too enthralled about how items max out at a quantity of 8, but, I think doing it this way is, generally, better.

I might change the item limit when I see how the game proper plays. The idea, though, is to keep tension high by forcing players to actually learn the system instead of cheaping out by loading up on healing items.

I didn't want to use the old systems, since they were the #1 biggest pain to deal with in all my time in gam mak. Unfortunately, the entire first game was planned around that system, so I had to make a lot of changes while still keeping the focus on balancing abilities and items.

Running commentary on the video DarkFlameWolf put up:

I had a hard time reading the font in that video, but from what I've seen: Holy crap! Why is not even a demo available!? I'd LOVE to give this a play! There definitely seems to be enough content here for at least a demo. Plus, reading the description for the game, this has been in development for 10 years?! I'm impressed you can keep the motivation with such a long development cycle.

Why is there no playable content in the video? That's… not good at all.

You seem to have a lot of side content planned, which is good, but... Are you doing this all by yourself? t seems too much for one person to handle.

Unfinished dream world map? More like unSTARTED dream world map.

I'm halfway through this video now and I don't understand why there has been nothing playable.

Your use of chipsets is incredible. Wow...

If there are plenty of enemies to find and defeat, why couldn't you find/defeat them?

Okay, you seem to have the actors/classes/skills all set up. To put it lightly, this gonna be a real pain in the arse to balance, and you could easily spend another 3-4 years doing just that.

Your incomplete works have more content in them than many full projects combined. You seriously need to block off all incomplete areas and just release a demo. Seriously, after 10 years worth of work, SOMETHING has to be playable.

Okay, I'm done with the vid. Overall, the scale of your project is simply jaw-dropping, but if nothing is playable, then what's the point? A game is not a game if you don't show in-game footage. The fact that there was not one second of in-game footage was rather dismaying.

You ask for our opinion as to whether or not you think it's worth continuing. I would answer yes, but not presented as it is now. I don't know how your areas are linked together, but what I would do is this: release it in episodes, with each episode being contained in a collection of areas.

You said the game's plotline takes a backseat, similarly to games like Skyrim. You can work with that by having a few plot missions within each episode. This should allow you to focus on the side quests and to release the game in little chunks that people would actually get to play.

For the world spanning side quests, I would either a) Remove them entirely, or b) include them in the last episode which would have all the areas at once.

I hope this is helpful to you!

unity:

Impressive battlers! That's a lot of effort to include unique state animations, and I'm not sure if that's how 2k3 handles state, but it still looks impressive. These are for DarkFlameWolf, yes? Are these for Amulet of Fate? It would be quite the difference from what the video showed.

I think my favorite one has to be the demon sheets.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
@Luchino: One thing that hasn't been mentioned up to now is how the smaller oval cliffs should be moved one tile down so that they're not unrealistically cutting into the cliffs. Either that or remove the upper row of cliff tiles so that there's only one.

@Pizza: Photometric feedback.

@Cap_H: Interesting take on the Atari-style graphics, but without a demo to dive into, this is all that can really be said.

@Puddor: May seem harsh, but it needed to be said. Otherwise, sub-par mapping but I like that you animated the face portraits to lend a little realism to the characters speaking.

@DarkFlameWolf: Things got real.

@WCouillard: What's with the long pause before the battle transition starts? Doesn't the cliff along the beach look a little too clean and hand-drawn? The dialog really doesn't seem to have any grip to it and things seem to just happen for plot convenience.

@ janussenpre: Pretty much sums it up.
Marrend
@Red_Nova:

Oharu? From Oracle of Askigaga? Can you elaborate on this point, because I don't know how they are similar, especially since there's no dialogue in this game.

The whole no-dialog thing is probably the weirdest part about it! I suppose the points they definitely share is their ability to tank, and taunting enemies into attacking them.

Check out her Off-hand equipment. That item will change depending on which area she is in. Manually adding/removing skills is way too much of a pain!

...Now that you mention it, the tutorial on her Trance ability straight-up told me exactly this. That it's based on what's equipped in her off-hand, and that, presumably, changes with terrain type. Though, it also said the only abilities she has in the context of this demo are attributable to "Forest" maps, as the locations of the game have not been clearly defined as of yet.

Now, for a bit more feedback!

@Corfaisus:

The wall in the background seems a bit faded to me. I kinda want to say that the contrast is off, but, I'm not quite sure if that's the right word, or concept, that I'm trying to relay.

@unity:

Great work all around, but... did I see hearts in one of the lizardman sprite-sheets? That's both really silly and really beautiful at the same time. Love it!

@ErikHolland: Posted elsewhere.

@Addit:

I had a funny feeling you were working on something Monopolo-related. Anyway, I get what the IOU icon stands for, since you mention what IOUs are in your post. I'm not quite sure what's up with the key icon. Unless it's a Get Out of Jail Free card? Also, are those other icons on top of the player-order a visual representation of the properties they own? That would be pretty neat!

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Red_Nova
I'm pretty sure Craze released Super Battle Kiddo Experience! for this event.

That I did! >=|
I tail-ended it. I think by the time I updated the game, it was 6 minutes to close.
Pizza - Photometric
Very slick looking graphic style, and I love the logo and the background on the page.

Puddle - Eidolescence
Great art style~ Cloud's busts looks especially well drawn (and the shading <3)

Cap_H - Mace Blue Chapter 3
Another game with a great looking art style! I've never played the other installments, but maybe I should? The image used in the header is especially appealing to the eye. Great use of colours too~

Ebeth - Everything Will be Fine
Very interesting little demo. There's certainly some sound balancing things you might want to look into. Especially the sound effects in the shooter minigame and the music in the pipe puzzle. They were all much louder than the rest of the game. BTW Rach's score on the shooter was - 695!

Anyway, nice job building atmosphere. Gave me a few Yume Nikki vibes, especially in the bedroom. (writing in the diary, the mini game on the gaming system) Oh and once again, slick graphics~

Corfaisus
The flanked battle style is interesting. Can you only attack the enemies you are facing, or is everyone fair game? I adore the look of the battle HUD. It's simple, but it's got nice colours and font choices and cute icons~ Lovely

Luchino
Nice colour balance~ The blue water and green grass are working really well here together with the blue-green trees to tie them together. I find the cliff sides look a bit busy, but they match well with everything else, so that's likely just preference. I'm curious how the waterfall animates, the tiling on the individual blocks is pretty aparent here. The size and style of the sprite match well with everything else. (though I do worry about them getting lost) Your custom graphics have come a long way since I last saw them! Nice work.

Housekeeping - Jimmy and Pulsating Mass
That title is GREAT. Are these all custom graphics you made? They really have a lot of character. Best of luck! This project looks ambitious, but in the good kind of way. :) The song is fun too~

MercynMetal
Nice! This is great! I look forward to when the kickstarter goes live. If I were to offer any feedback, it would be to try to track down someone who can match the RTP styles well to broaden the audience of use. But this is awesome just on its own~

AubreyTheBard - The Legend of Zelda: Forgotten Gates
Kajir seems to have two copies of the same skill. (Spirit Chakra) Almost didn't notice the icon at the top left part of the screen during the room tutorial, you might want to draw more attention to that. (put it in the centre of the screen, turning off the 101010101 background - like you do with the element tutorial - and then mentioning at the end that the icon is usually in the top left might be better?) I know this likely isn't how the real game will start up, but WOW this is a lot of info to take in at the very beginning. I hope the real game will have this spaced out a bit better so the player can take in this info a little bit at a time. And the game crashed when we entered the portal. Error: The file monster1 cannot be opened.
The second time - it worked. Battle looks and feels quite a bit laggy at the moment. It really slows down the flow of battle and the sense of urgency. The fact that if you kill off enemy 1, the game still defaults to enemy 1 in the target selection further drags the speed of battle down as well. (The battle system is evented, right? - It seems like a pretty impressive thing, hopefully there's a way to make the performance a bit stronger)
That all aside, the graphic are a lot of fun. They're really cute.

Liberty - Sample Maps
I love that town map. I like how the community feels bigger than what you see with the cut off buildings and farms outside of the walled off portion. It still feels contained for the sake of gameplay (by the wall), but bigger for the sake of the game's world.

Unity - Monsters
UAHHHh!! These are so cute!!! THe sleeping dragon is my favourite, and the sleeping snake. Eee, too cute!! <3 I like the bee with the magic circle too haha and the angry slime!!! Cute!!

Ratty524 - Sprites/Monsers
Wonderful use of limited colours. That skeleton looks especially amazing. xD Especially that expression. Comical but also deadly. The goody bag is also cute, but the eyebrows sorta end up looking like little lumps when zoomed out and distracted me from what the intent was until I read the file name.

sawworm - 10-minute hero
Controls screen is so cute! Font style is so cute! Our lead male is... not cute :( But he's cool. Get it? Dracoolla! heh This game is certainly oozing with its own style and humour!
Cute and amusing text. The map is pretty dark and its hard to make out some of the details of just what you're looking at. You should probably have the game save right after the intro so the player has a way to skip the intro when they inevitably fail the first time through.
We got stuck on the puzzle with the switches and stopped playing there.

CashmereCat - Account Mu
This game is pretty fun~ Rach and I were tag teaming it. We got stuck in Room 4 though and can't decide if we're just missing something or if it's glitched.

The square block on the 2 switch does NOT shut off the 2 blocker. We figure we need to put the square on the 2 switch, put the oil on the 1 switch, and then put the oil on the 3 switch, but since the square isn't triggering the switch that becomes impossible. Help :(

Marrend - Myriad Cypher
Ah, I watched Indrah play an earlier build of this game!
Looks like you've added more missions from the last time I saw it, which is cool :> (also something to say you reached the end of the demo, which I think was one of Indrah's complaints in the stream xD )

Red_Nova - Soul Sunder 2 Prototype
Might be good to remind the player that "Focus" is guard after the Cat-Tutorial tells you that guarding is important. Battle system seems pretty neat, but reading all that tutorial and fighting random battles just wasn't what we were in the mood for right now. The essense drain thing is pretty cool though!

Merlandese - Song
Gah! I keep meaning to play Last Word and just haven't had the time yet. (wanna play it when I'm in the mood to give it my proper attention) Nice tune you've shared today. Looking forward to playing it even more knowing what the music is like. :)
Marrend
@MakioKuta: On one hand, once you unlock all the places where you can go, there isn't much point to keep playing that, particular, demo. Though, on the other hand, you're probably right in that an end-of-demo message might not have hurt!

@pianotm: Posted elsewhere.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@MakioKuta Thanks for playing my game. Also ahhhhhhh why the heck does that happen! I thought I fixed it from the last build but it keeps popping up and I don't know why it is. I guess I'll be spending some of today trying to fix that bug again. Oh and also, you're right, that's the answer to the puzzle. Thanks for playing :)
author=CashmereCat
@MakioKutaThanks for playing my game. Also ahhhhhhh why the heck does that happen! I thought I fixed it from the last build but it keeps popping up and I don't know why it is. I guess I'll be spending some of today trying to fix that bug again. Oh and also, you're right, that's the answer to the puzzle. Thanks for playing :)

Hoo Good to know. We were like "It's the only way!!!" Curse those glitches you stamp out and then come back. :/ I'd like to play more of this sometime! The oil made it really neat to think things through~
CashmereCat
author=MakioKuta
Hoo Good to know. We were like "It's the only way!!!" Curse those glitches you stamp out and then come back. :/ I'd like to play more of this sometime! The oil made it really neat to think things through~

It was a simple switch problem. I fixed it in one sec. The problem was when you hit the reset button, I forgot to turn a switch on that would stop all the objects creating their own variables, while I set up the level's global variables. So the order of everything was all mucked up and that caused boxes not to activate switches. At least I think this solved it. Who knows? It might pop up again xD

@Liberty Also, just a minor correction, it's Photometric not Phantometric, although that could be an equally cool name :)
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Red_Nova - Soul Sunder 2 Prototype
Might be good to remind the player that "Focus" is guard after the Cat-Tutorial tells you that guarding is important. Battle system seems pretty neat, but reading all that tutorial and fighting random battles just wasn't what we were in the mood for right now. The essense drain thing is pretty cool though!

Thanks for playing! Good point about the focus suggestion. Technically, it isn't guarding, as it doesn't apply the guard state, but you're right that it's something that I should have conveyed. Especially since I talked about everything else in too much detail.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
@Marrend I've posted a reply on the River of Stars gamepage.

@Luchino I really do love that scene. Your stairs look awfully steep, but I guess that since they're coming down the side of a cliff, that's how they'd really be.

@Darkflamewolf I now really want to play Amulet of Fate after watching that video.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
@Pizza - comments on main gamepage and images though I think that probably qualifies more as gushing about eyeball trees than actual feedback. That being said the doorways really remind me of Luna Park, which you probably don't know about as you don't live in Australia, so here's a picture. However the tongue carpet/pathway is inspired. Cash, I can't really say much about your input until I see he puzzles in action, but given your response and my recollection of the area of study I think they are going to be intriguing.

@Puddor - comments also left on game-page, but again, more observations than feedback.

@Marrend - Yes, missions! I liked Myriad Cypher in it's McB build but the lack of missions was a let-down, as well as the obvious combat hooks. I see combat is still not an option in this new addendum but I like the look and feel of the mission interface the simplistic style is just what you need and no more, and it adds a bit of depth and challenge to the game as it stands. I must admit to liking the fact you've indicated both the planet name and Nav point in those updated missions, since it was something I raised in my review :).

@sawworm - review complete, so you'll be getting some of that feedback you're hungering for. I'll link it back here when approved....and here it is.

@unity - those battlers are lovely and I'm intrigued as to what causes the golden halo effect.

@piantotm - I was going to mention something about the exposition fairy taking liberties with introduction of Uiyi but Marrend pretty much nailed my thoughts before I got around to committing them to the page. I believe mixing up the sequence may help, at the very least give it a go, but I think in the end you're going to have to cut down the information dump in that sequence and either find a much more concise way to convey the information your are trying to, or drop it as breadcrumbs throughout the game. Have it used as an explanation for her reaction to certain events for instance, or part of it as a story that is told to clarify something later.

Ok off to check out a few others.
CashmereCat
10 Minute Hero - sawworm
~Play-by-Play~
+ Groovy music, man. Real groovy.
- Inventory menu should be bound to "Esc" instead of "A".
~ I called him "Pooper".
- Since you're under time pressure, you don't really wanna read everything.
+ Seems like the developer's first language isn't English. Nevertheless, they're a good writer. Flavourful and humorous.
+ The game is really cute and it's got a real nice atmosphere.
~ Some random math notes have appeared in Dracoola's son's mansion.
+ Neat parallaxed maps and lighting. You get clues that you can use for your next playthrough.
~ In a game like this where you're expected to repeat playthroughs, I really expected a bit more being useful over several playthroughs. Like a secret room you only know the place of if you have a certain clue, and have to backtrack over the next game to get to the new area. I think "Gone Home" did that and I thought it was really clever.
+ The lighting is not so strong as to make you not able to see the map. You can still see the difference between floors and walls very clearly.
~ There's some weird and wonky maps, especially the one with the struts. It feels like it defies the perspective of the art. However I kind of liked it, and yet it's kind of disorienting at the same time.
+ It's a traditional item interaction game. But it's quite slickly done.
+ Comedic dialogue is unassuming yet nice.
+ The number+switch puzzle is actually really nice, logical and has a good flow. The nature of the puzzle means you don't have to find all the clues to get it right, which is a good thing because you can solve it even if you don't interact with every single thing.
~ It would be cool if when you chose something from your inventory, it would describe it and give a hint as to how it might be used.

~Dev Notes~
~ When you get the puzzle right, there should be something that signifies you got it right, even if it's when you return to the room with the tomb, the lid falling off and making a "clank" SE. It doesn't have to be an obvious "huge object moving sound + shake screen effect". I like the idea of returning to the lid and it sliding off nonchalantly (please use it ;)).
~ "My *Granpa* always loved the outside world" should be *grandpa"
~ It would be cool if when you chose something from your inventory, it would describe it and give a hint as to how it might be used.

Everything Will Be Fine - Ebeth
Great custom art, great mood, good use of music. Plot beats are well handled, shows a lot of promise. That sliding puzzle is way too hard though. I didn't do any of the ship minigame like Racheal though. I've already given you my thoughts on the slide puzzle though. Even a purely interaction based game in this style would be awesome. The mood's really well crafted. I was about to say "subbed", but I've already been subscribed.

Myriad Cypher - Marrend
Hey Marrend. Did a play-by-play. Here it is.

~Play-By-Play~
~ I already played a bit of the original MYRIAD CYPHER demo.
~ Wait what I'm not a spaceship? So it's just testing the mission system. OK cool.
~ OK so there's a "Mission Computer", a "Recall Current Mission", and a Cancel button.
~ We're on the planet Pirox.
+ I tried recalling the current mission without having one, and it had the correct output: "No active missions!" that's cool.
~ Let me see if it has random missions. I'll try to get a quest from a planet, reject it, and try to get another one.
+ It's really cool that the missions are many on the same planet.
- But I don't like that if you press "Reject", it immediately gives you another mission. What if you changed your mind and didn't want another mission?... Maybe there should be another option "Quit" or something. I know that ESC quits the menu but I think there should be another button to not accept any missions at all from that planet.
~ So you can accept multiple missions at once. Cool.
- You can accept a mission for the planet you're on. So basically you can accept a mission from Pyrox that says "go to Pyrox". Kind of a pointless mission.
++ But don't get me wrong, this system is absolutely awesome. It reminds me so much of games like Freelancer, which is a fantastic thing. I'm so excited for how this mission system will evolve into a game. It seems really robust.
~ OK so the current mission overrides the last one. I think you should make it so that the player is informed that their current mission will override the last, and have a "Are you sure you'd like to accept a new mission? It will override your last one." prompt, with a "Yes/No" decision before continuing to overwrite your last mission.
~ Will mission rewards be based on how far away the planet is? If so, that'd be really cool.
~ Whoa... Access to Planet Navenna granted? Whatever that was, that was interesting. Not sure how it happened, though. Maybe I accepted a mission that goes there.

So yeah, that was very cool and slick and will allow for complex gameplay, if you integrate many of these systems together as a synergistic whole. I like the fact that you're able to unlock new areas with missions. Just please please no escort missions, haha. Just kidding, they should be fine if you use a turn-based system instead of an action-based system, because escort missions really were terrible in these kinds of games (or pretty much any game, for that matter). Such promise. You got a new sub, friend.

April was a Fool - Rachael & MakioKuta
Gamepage comment
Could I venture a guess to say that this was inspired by a hilariously voice acted and Misao-nominated game that gained somewhat of a cult following? Or am I wrong?

54,000 words? I'm guessing we're not going to get the terrible voice acting then. Aw. I was looking forward to it. Oh well.

The portraits and visual novel style reminds me of Antagonist. You got a new sub.

Image comment
Stats? And here I thought this was going to be a pure visual novel with no combat. There's a relationship system too. I wonder if you can date any character. I wonder if this game will just be linear storylines, or if you can choose what to do on each day like Heartache ~ Sweet Something or Rather. Either way the possibilities pique my interest highly.

Canvas - sbethune81
Pages: first 123456 next last