FINAL FANTASY: RECORD KEEPER

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
There's no way I'm changing out Lionheart. All those Sentinel uses give him a constant, massive amount of Defense. If I didn't have that, I'd definitely use Counter Mend.

I thought about using the evasion pumpkin and my 6* Lominsan Bow on Fran and Tyro, but I'd be losing like 80 Attack if I did that... I wonder if I want to risk the DPS check like that.
What killed your party?

Also, will Counter Mend even trigger against NAT abilities?
Craze
Even though Cecil only takes likes ~150 damage, not always being able to keep him above others (even with very careful Oerba's Boon usage) is an issue. I can't see me not using Curaga on Vanille, but sometimes it was too much. That's why I'm thinking putting Cura on Cecil, so he can top himself off. I didn't lose anybody until the last 10% or so, when a Quadra slipped through and hit Vanille Things went downhill from there. I'd just put Healer on her, but I don't think I could do it without her early SBs.

I can always put my Lominsan Bow on Cecil and give Fran my Loxley bow, then replace Boost with Cura. I'm not using Cecil for damage anyway... hmm.
Why not give Cecil Renewing Cure instead of Cura? Higher potency and Regen. Are you already running a heavy regen?

During the last phase, don't even bother healing anybody other than Cecil, even if he's at full HP and you're precasting.
Craze
I thought about it, but then he can't really use it on anybody else except during the first phase when I focus down the soldiers. That might be fine, though.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I gave Cecil draw fire and shellga. The two skills combined made the minions harmless, they mostly just attacked Cecil for 250 damage. I also had two healers aside from him though. One had black magic and the other had protectga.

Most of my damage was done through Advantaliate, so the pure healer could do about 5k damage without using an ability if she didn't need to heal. The only problem with Advantaliate is that you have to wait for the minions to cast water blast once before killing them. Otherwise your retaliator will be at full HP, right up until he takes 9000 damage from Double Shot.
Why not just hit your retaliator yourself before he uses Retaliate?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I guess that's an option. It would take two or three attacks to get his HP low enough though, and then I'd probably get hit with Water Blast anyway and have to start over.
Makes sense. I mean, if you want everybody to have lower HP than the tank, then you have to let everybody get hit anyway. I managed to beat Vossler with only a single healer, but Aeris did use Drain and I had Hastega up for the important part. And since I had three active blinks, that means there were two attacks I was able to just ignore. I may've gotten lucky on Vossler's group attack too. I don't know what the usage chance is, but I don't think he used it at all after his second enrage. So that made it pretty easy to heal.

Ultimate Maduin doesn't seem too hard. I don't know what my party will be yet but it'll probably include Y'shtola, Celes and Drunk Cecil. Maybe Bartz... I can't remember if he uses spears or not. Though, I do have a 4++ Crystal Sword that's only 7 Attack weaker than Thunder Blade after synergy, so I could do Steiner for Spellblade and Banishing Strike. Ah... Thunder Blade. It has a thunder limit break so I guess those medals are covered, so I really only need one spellblade or two spellblades with a mixed role. A physical party makes sense for me because Drunk Cecil is too good to ignore right now, all of my FF6 weapons are physical, and because Maduin puts up some kind of magic barrier for portions of the fight. Might bring Luneth out, since he can spellblade too, and use Barrage+Advance for the critical phase, especially since the -DEF component of Advance won't matter a whole lot when Maduin is dropping magic bombs.

I'd like my support to be Sazh for Boon, but I don't have a dagger or gun for FF6, so it'll probably be Wakka with Rising Sun with a Boon RW. Setzer would work too but my Wakka is already level broken and has an okay limit break (Armor/Mental Breakdown). I can always make Sazh a weird healing support like I've done before and still have Boon, freeing up my RW slot for something like Hand of the Emperor. We'll see... I've got plenty of options and I think this fight looks easy enough that all of them should work fine.

A Draw Fire/Retaliate strategy seems like it'd be effective here, if you are hurting for FF6 weapons, though you'd still need to get your elemental medals in somewhere. When Maduin puts up that magic barrier he uses a lot of multi-hitting physical attacks.
Craze
i really hope we get a fight that can actually have magic used, haha... all this reflect and shell and shit.

Celes is definitely a shoe-in. I have a few decent FF6 weapons -- Zantetsuken, a 4*++ Crystal Sword, some 4*++ chakram thing, a 4*++ staff -- and have a full suite of 5* armors so I should be fine. I have literally no FF6 SBs, but I have some fucking mage hats...

I'll roll 2-3 times for that kefka scarf, although I think I'd rather have Havoc Wing... maybe I'll just roll 1-2 more times on banner 1 before saving up for the next ff9 event because holy shit do I need ff9 synergy. I thought about just saving up entirely for Tactics and Yuna BSSB, but it's not like I'm gonna get the shit I want anyway so I might as well spend my chunks of 50 myth soon after I get them.
I'll only do an 11-pull on pretty much all of the banners mentioned. If I pull twice it might be on the FF2 ones just to catch up on synergy, but I doubt it.

And I just remembered that dragoons have elemental jumps, so Gilgamesh will wield Partisan with Banishing Strike and Ice Jump. An advantage there is he'll avoid some of the spell damage... Downside is less frequent attacks and remembering to buff before jumping.

Apparently I didn't pay attention to the last banner. Bonus battles aren't tonight. Maybe I can knock the new dungeons out before the potential orb weekend.
Ugh, I finally beat Vargas. FINALLY. I'd get really close to beating him and tweak my strategy for the better only to have him decide to spam gale cut every turn and decimate me. And that's if I didn't get killed on the way (with no reviver) on the 91-stamina slog.

I could have gotten Sabin through the event but I had a bee in my bonnet about beating Vargas. And he finally, finally went down - but only just. Thank goodness for Golbez, my MVP.

He's level 49 now and I just realised I don't have his memory crystal.
LockeZ
Elite Vargas is an asshole.

Good news about memory crystals you don't have - in a week or two when they get rid of the quest feature, the thing they replace it with will reward you with blank memory crystals, which you can use on any character.

When I finally beat Vossler I was in the same basic situation as Craze: four people dead, and GiggleM*A*S*H was going to die to the next hit. I bet it took me 50 attempts to get that, so basically, screw you Vossler.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Eh, guess I shouldn't have spent 2 mythril on elite Deathgaze just to get Cyan's MC then. whoops.
LockeZ
Well, you'll only be able to get at most one blank memory crystal per event. Even fewer at first, I believe. So yeah, you should definitely still try to earn them elsewhere whenever you can. There are a lot of characters.
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
So, I kinda haven't played for a month. I'll log in every day to farm free mithril in anticipation of wasting it on the FFT event, and maybe auto my way through events to collect new characters, but that's about it. I decided to do a gatcha pull for old time's sake, though, since it's not like I'd get anything good enough to

Dadgummit.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
Nice. That's even better than my double Asura rod pull from the Beatrix event.

I'm a little bit torn on when to pull this event. I can probably only pull once, so should I pull on this phase or the next?
Craze
damn it deltree. mage meta for you
Deltree
doesn't live here anymore
Haha, well, enjoy her as a RW I guess. If we get her second memory crystal this event (I haven't been keeping up) then I'll use my 18 billion greater eggs and get her to 80. The rest of the game is getting too power-creepy for me, I think. 75% of challenge events are a cakewalk, and the remainder feel like a slog or a roll of the dice.

I just want to recruit Ramza and have him use Throw Stone once, and then I'll be set for life!
Easily smoked Maduin with this party:

Lunatic High RW. Celes had Ace Striker because I was mildly concerned she wouldn't have enough meter to use Thunder Blade's limit break, but I forget that these bosses have like 250k+ HP, so I really should've given her some form of +Damage RM instead. Really nothing special to say about this fight. Just buff, heal, dispel, and blast him. A healing RW might not be a bad choice since you can't cast white magic when the barrier is up, but that was never a problem for me. Gilgamesh dispelled Protect and Regen whenever Maduin used them. Rebuff when Maduin casts Dispel, including Stoneskin/Sentinel's Guard. That's kind of it. Didn't feel like an ultimate at all. Even Mog was Jumping for 8k.