RPG MAKER 2000 VALUE! IS NOW OUT IN ENGLISH!

A small bump. Looks like there is not much hype about this release in RMN. Maybe the RPG Maker MV effect.

Does anybody know when the RTP will be available for download?
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
MV, but also we already had an english release of a program just as archaic only months prior, we get it Degica, you're getting desperate.

It's hard to get hyped about nice-looking poorly-licensed 10+ year old releases when most of us have done fine without them, and now we have to factor politics into anything we do.

As for the RTP, don't quote me on this, but if it's been released you should be able to get it from rpgmakerweb.com as either part of the trial edition or as a standalone download.

I haven't looked because I don't care.
Funny. People did get excited - quite a lot of them, in fact. The difference between the topics for 2k/3 and MV is that MV is still being created/produced while 2k/3 had already been released - we knew what the programs were like - and there was no build up to the re-release. It popped out of no-where, was a shock, and was happily received. We then moved on with our lives without having to wait - unlike MV which has been advertised as coming.

It is literally the difference between the rerelease of a console game and a new one in the series that is being made. People are going to be talking about the new game for months on end before and after the release. The rerelease will see some talk when it comes out (especially if it came out of the blue) but not before and after (unless it has been advertised, which in this case it wasn't.)

It's not a money-grab when people ask for the items in question - which they have been doing for years. Just because you weren't here when it started or are one of the ones asking for the items, doesn't mean no-one else was.

Please get over your 'Degica is a money demon' phase quick. It's rather boring and bloody annoying. It's really all you ever talk about when you post in this or the 2k3 thread. It's not a money grab to release stuff that fans ask for.
I just echo everything Liberty's said.
I'm so glad I now finally legally own 2k and 2k3, two amazingly simple and refreshing tools i've used for a decade :p
BizarreMonkey
Well, in the defense of Degica, I also have virtually no interest in 2000/2003 anyway.

author=Liberty
Please get over your 'Degica is a money demon' phase quick. It's rather boring and bloody annoying. It's really all you ever talk about when you post in this or the 2k3 thread. It's not a money grab to release stuff that fans ask for.
This is the last I intend to say on the matter. Beleive me or don't, I don't care.

Degica is a corporation, and much as I'd love to believe they are looking out for their fans, that's a load of hogwash, they like any large corporation is interested in money, certainly, fan encouragement to give them incentive to do that is all a nice moral scapegoat, and it may not have happened if not for fan demand, and I'm not saying them doing it was a bad thing, though I'm sure i have said contrarily argumentative statements in the past.

But I refuse to believe a company so skitterbrained about it's security that they ban anyone who has any involvement with me or my company as part of a 'conspiracy' that you should be pretty informed of by about now-- has any moral benevolence at all. I do not think they did this purely for fans, they saw what fans wanted, a way to make money, not hard, I'm not saying that they shouldn't have, hey, you're a business, gotta make the moolah somewhere, but acting like Degica has any interest in catering to its fans in any sense except that which could bring them a profit or promote their public identity is farcical. I've been both friends and enemies of several high ranking Degica officials for years now, (some before they were allied with Degica or before the VX.net Calamity) I'm not pulling shit out of my ass, I keep that for the Welp welp section.

I know what I'm talking about. RPG Maker politics is literally the only field of politics I'm at all versed in.

I understand you are somewhat in their fold, and I recognize you can't possibly agree with my thesis on this because that would endanger not only your reputation, but possibly your job too, I don't know how in deep you are, and again it's not really my concern.

But like, when you get a Job at MacDonalds and you're trained to ask for Extra fries, of course you ask if they want extra fries.

One of Bill gates Employee's isn't gonna go mouthing off about the company, that's just not on. So Of course Archeia Nessiah and anyone with a role of prominence in webs isn't going to be swayed by my mouthing off, it'd be a personal doomsday move to lose their reputation and possibly their account instantly. Degica isn't evil enough to warrant being that wayward.

And my unflinching respect isn't worth throwing a position away. my unflinching respect is worth pretty much nothing, actually! Except perhaps a cool friend and a skype account with another loud toothole on it.
VXAce has over 50 million users worldwide. Releasing Rm2k/3 with that well known fact and at the same year as MV? There is no reason for them to release it. The only reason I pitched it to Enterbrain and Degica is because I know the fans wanted it.

Just because you got issues with some members doesn't mean they're directly involved with the localization. They may very well be focused on community service and that's it.

I would appreciate it if you would stop stirring shit up in these topics since quite frankly, they're getting old and just serve as an annoyance when we could be focusing on fixing issues that exist in the engine in newer OSes based on feedback. Or actually, I don't know, listen to requests on what we could possibly apply to the program that is plausible.
Zeigfried_McBacon
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
If they were ever desperate for money then why the hell did they give ace away for practically a dollar back in 2014 during IGMC and for roughly 10 USD WITH LUNA ENGINE this year? Ok yeah, you can argue that it was steam copies, but even that argument is weaker than shit in the end.
they are desperate for love
we are desperate for love humanity is faded to succumb into itself as its own longing and sorrows consume itself from within and we all fade back into the background noise until it all becomes uniformly black once more

i'm enjoying 2k but i wish it had 2k3's fullscreen mode =/
Probably it'd be way hard to do though, or else it'd already have by now
Due to MV and Cherry being super busy (he recently got a vacation), we couldn't focus on Rm2k/3 fixes for a while. Rm2k was a lot tougher to release because compared to Rm2k3, we have to change how we do things and some things we added, like Fullscreen, was harder to implement in 2k.

Hopefully I'll finish most of my QA while Cherry is free so we could focus again on updates.
BizarreMonkey
author=Archeia_Nessiah
I would appreciate it if you would stop stirring shit up in these topics since quite frankly, they're getting old and just serve as an annoyance when we could be focusing on fixing issues that exist in the engine in newer OSes based on feedback.
Jeez woman! I just got done saying that...
This is the last I intend to say on the matter.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
VX Ace >= XP > RM2k > RM2k3 > Spore Galatic Adventure's Editor > VX

There, I ended the discussion. Now can we get back to how awesome Cherry and Nessy are for getting this officially released and stop acting like self-entitled toddlers?
author=Ratty524
can we get back to how awesome Cherry and Nessy are for getting this officially released and stop acting like self-entitled toddlers?
BizarreMonkey
Whatever dudes, I was finished.
EDIT:

"disregard last message as I've read his message wrong"

but I do have a question about the RTP:

World all older 2000/2003 games will have to be dependent on the old versions of the engine? Let's say I wanted to download the recent RTP, but does this mean the old game in question will be corrupted?
Maybe I've become a bit cynical due to me being around since don's 95 translation but of all the great game software enterbrain/Ascii has created people act as if rm2k is their magnum opus. Id rather see an English release of fighter maker or shooter maker than another rehash of rm2k.
author=Kaliesto
but I do have a question about the RTP:

World all older 2000/2003 games will have to be dependent on the old versions of the engine? Let's say I wanted to download the recent RTP, but does this mean the old game in question will be corrupted?

I opened my original RT2k3 game in RM2k3 without much issue. If you used any editor changes there'll be problems with your database though (I hacked the editor to allow higher stats for enemies and any stats above the original cap were changed to have RM2k3's current cap). Also if you used the RT2k3 RTP in your game and the files were renamed / not included (Don's 2k RTP had a few non-RTP assets included in it) then you'll have to fix that. Besides that it should be fine importing your old game into the newer version of the editor.

I never tried it with 2k since I don't have a game in it (Windows XP corrupted vast swaths of one of my hard drives years ago) but I'd assume it's the same. It'd be a hard sell if they broke compatibility between the unofficial and official releases after all!
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
author=Ratty524
Spore Galatic Adventure's Editor
Please....

Honestly arguing this just like virtual console releases Nintendo does on a weekly basis. If you really dont want to pay 9.99 for earthbound on wii u most people will torrent it (not the best example cause its a pricy game to begin with). Dont want to pay for 2k3 and arent looking to go commerical with it use the fan translation, no one one this site has looked down on people for using the fan translation and I doubt it will change now.

I think cherry and Nessy deserve a lot of credit for their work on all the rpg maker work they do for us.

Edit: I bought 2k yesturday because I must own every rpg maker... And I'm laughing at the face sets in 2k to 2k3 it was worth the money.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=charblar
Edit: I bought 2k yesturday because I must own every rpg maker... And I'm laughing at the face sets in 2k to 2k3 it was worth the money.

The facesets in 2k are both charming and better represent what you can do to address the resolution barriers in the maker. That makes them more appreciable to me than 2k3's blurry messes.
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
There's nothing wrong with 2k's chipsets ;)