WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I just recovered my laptop from a crash. Everything seems to be in order for now, but, Darigaaz, it was pretty frightening! I did a back-up about a week ago, but, this kinda wants me to do another one!
BBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I literally just got a trombone.
I don't know how to play it yet.
Tri-Ace has been aquired by a mobile game dev company

Not that I can blame them though
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'm ready to embrace my inner nerd. I was sitting on the toilet contemplating the limitations of the NES and how it might have worked and why the controller was designed the way it was. Even why the B button (with all it's functionality) was closer to the D-Pad than A when alphabetically the two buttons should have been switched, combined with my limited knowledge of variables, triggers and arrays.

So I've downloaded this little diddle and I caught myself thinking "this will be a good read", after tucking it away for further consumption.

But at least I'm not a brony.
Marrend
Let me tell you what, I'm more than a bit afraid of opening up Steam. It was the program that caused my computer to stall/crash, and trying to access it again when I thought I recovered caused yet another stall! I was somehow able to recover, but, geeze, I've had enough heart attacks for a day!

Though, there might be heartbreak with the Valentine's Day game.
author=Marrend
Let me tell you what, I'm more than a bit afraid of opening up Steam. It was the program that caused my computer to stall/crash, and trying to access it again when I thought I recovered caused yet another stall! I was somehow able to recover, but, geeze, I've had enough heart attacks for a day!

I'm not sure where people get the idea it's a dead game. I'm working on it ffs. >.<;
Like I said in the blog I posted, I haven't had much time this week to do anything RM related so it's slow going but it's the only project I'm working on atm so... :/
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
You made my day too, Dudesoft.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=Liberty
author=Marrend

I'm not sure where people get the idea it's a dead game. I'm working on it ffs. >.<;
Like I said in the blog I posted, I haven't had much time this week to do anything RM related so it's slow going but it's the only project I'm working on atm so... :/

It's okay, Libby. There are those of us who haven't given up.

@Dudesoft: Seriously, you have me in stitches! That post is the best thing on the internet all day!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Don't thank me. Thank google image search.
Marrend
author=Liberty
author=Marrend

That's not what I meant! I meant when the game comes out! I was just really bad at communicating this.
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D

NSFW language
pianotm
I just gave my first one star review and I feel terrible. I've just trampled on somebody's hopes and dreams...
You're helping them get better. Think of it that way instead.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
If the game is bad, giving them feedback that is in any way contrary to what you felt is doing them a disservice. You did the right thing and, if the game designer is smart, they'll take your findings and use them to better discipline themselves in the way of game design.
pianotm
All of this is true. I just didn't expect to have to so absolutely tear it down. There were a few good points about the game, but the rest of it just had so many issues that the few sentences talking good are going to be lost in the wall of text. I linked Liberty's mapping tutorials (he desperately needs them) in the review. I also linked to LockeZ' boss design thread. Hopefully, he'll go through the tutorials and threads as opposed to falling into a fit of depression/ragequiting/calling me an internet terrorist.
I try to spread out and really emphasize the good parts and the potential in a game if I have a lot that I feel is wrong with it. I feel really bad giving a scathing review too. Sometimes it helps if you make it explicitly clear you're trying to be helpful and that you sincerely hope they get something from your feedback.

But yeah, giving bad reviews kind of sucks. I was actually really afraid of that during secret santa so I just did a nice sprite instead~
See, that helps a lot. Giving them the links to help them grow and improve lets them know that there are things out there to help them get better. ^.^ People should probably do that more often, actually.