WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
I am taking the big pink challenge.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I made this for my gf, but want to share it here too. I am oddly proud of how it turned out. I'm normally not into my stuff.

Majora's Mask Moon
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I think nancydroman03 needs a life.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I swear to god I suck at Sim City 2000. Every time I build a city I always end up losing more income than I can gain. Raising taxes pisses off the civilians and then the city turns into a dump, and purchasing the bonds tend to screw me over in the long run. Any tips for making a good start?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
You don't suck at it, it's just a realistic simulator.

What I always did was keep relatively low taxes long enough to bring in a bunch of business, and then suddenly raise them all by like 3x when I ran out of money. This'll drive out the businesses, but by the time they're gone you'll have a ton of money stocked up. Then you can lower the taxes back down and try to recover (usually by leaving your abandoned commercial/industrial areas as slums and building new zones at the edge of town, since the property value of the slums is too low for anyone to move into, and bulldozing it all costs more money than building a new area).
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
Dear lord everything is still pink why why why
Valentine's day
is over Liberty please.
Cocassu
Pink, the color of Liberty.
author=Seiromem
Valentine's day
is over Liberty please.

I don't think it's going to end until the Relationship game is released.
Caz
LET'SBIAN DO THIS.
So never then OH GOD BERTY PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I don't mean it. ;~;

Sadly, the truth about the AAA industry.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I think one of the few points my gf and I strongly disagree on, and there certainly are some, is Grand Theft Auto.
It's in my top five as a series. Unfortunately, through her ex, she was exposed to the reality of the dark side of the world. I can't blame her for disliking it thusly. However, it has come up a few times when I express interest in playing it or express why I like the freedom to drive wherever. All she seems to hear is blah blah blah, drugs whores swearing and violence.
:/
I was gone for like one or two days and EVERYTHING'S PINK

Liberty you madwoman

Edit: Also it may seem like I'm complaining but I actually love it
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=Seiromem
Valentine's day
is over Liberty please.

You need more pink in this post! Buy more pink!
author=Dudesoft
I think one of the few points my gf and I strongly disagree on, and there certainly are some, is Grand Theft Auto.
It's in my top five as a series. Unfortunately, through her ex, she was exposed to the reality of the dark side of the world. I can't blame her for disliking it thusly. However, it has come up a few times when I express interest in playing it or express why I like the freedom to drive wherever. All she seems to hear is blah blah blah, drugs whores swearing and violence.
:/

Is there more to be heard? I myself have never played any of the games:however, from the way my friends describe it it doesn't sound like much more. I can understand wanting to play it, but I also understand someone not wanting to play. She probably shouldn't be keeping you from playing it (if she is). (not trying to start anything)
author=Ratty524
I swear to god I suck at Sim City 2000. Every time I build a city I always end up losing more income than I can gain. Raising taxes pisses off the civilians and then the city turns into a dump, and purchasing the bonds tend to screw me over in the long run. Any tips for making a good start?
Generally you get money from having residents, which increases the amount of taxes you get. To get more money you should be looking at increasing population instead of increasing taxes. I pepper commercial spaces among the residential areas and I always put industrial areas separate from res.

Just slowly build based on the demand meters until you have a small city that doesn't require much upkeep but is coming out with a small positive income. Then let it go for a while without building any more. So basically find an equilibrium and then sit on it to build your moneys. If you are constantly expanding things tend to get out of control. You keep needing more power plants and all that stuff, so you end up spending too much. Try and keep the equilibrium and don't rush it. Wait until you build up money before making big expansions.

Maybe you are over reading those meters? If one seems high, don't build a lot. Add a few blocks and give it some time to see how the meter reacts. Remember that the ratio of res to the others should be like 2 or 3:1:1.

Are you building low or high density stuff mainly?

I've never had to deal with creating slums just to make money, so I think there is a better strategy than that.

I have Sim City for SNES. When I first started gaining money I put the game on auto taxes and let it run all night. When I woke up I had 200k+ for a city maybe 3 screen lengths wide haha

I love Sim City. 3000 is my favorite version.
author=wildwes
I was gone for like one or two days and EVERYTHING'S PINK

Liberty you madwoman

Dun blame me for anything but names. ...Though I might have floated (begged) the suggestion of pink background to Anky. ^.^~<3

I'll change the names back when the pink sides disappear. Yes, I made sure to record the colour they were before, no worries!
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
And you better personally edit out all pink from every comment.
Yeah, no~ Not doing that. XD
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
So we've gone from pastel pink to baby blue.

It's an improvement...slightly.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
So, I'm watching a true crime forensics show and the police go into house and find an altar. A detective tells the camera that whenever they find something like this, they know that the people living in the house are up to no good, that whenever you see an altar worshiping whatever it is they're worshiping, it's a cult perpetuating crime.

Excuse me while I lose all hope for the human race.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Link_2112
Are you building low or high density stuff mainly?

Mostly low since it's cheaper, though I tend to change it up to add more space for people to reside.

Thanks for the tips, though. I think the core problem is that I do tend to rush things and sort of build more than what I currently need at the time. In regards to industry areas, how many spaces apart should they be from residential areas? I tend to "seperate" the two by a single road tile, yet I still wind up getting some pollution complaints in the papers.

Also this is the first time I've played any Sim City game. :P