RPG MAKER MV ANNOUNCED FOR PC AND MAC

unity
You're magical to me.
author=jomarcenter
*ahem* foreshadowing

Ooooh, nice catch! Does that mean we can hope to see a release (at least in Japan) before the year's end? :D

author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=unity
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Once this is announced more, I can actually give Kentona icons to add it to rmn hue hue hue
Hehehe. Must be nice to be in the know :3

I'm guessing it's too early for any info about a possible release date.
It is... :3

*gets shot*

For information though, the sites also stated that August 6 is the public announcement.

Wow, an announcement in just two days? Niiiiiiice :D
author=unity
author=jomarcenter
*ahem* foreshadowing
Ooooh, nice catch! Does that mean we can hope to see a release (at least in Japan) before the year's end? :D

author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=unity
author=Archeia_Nessiah
Once this is announced more, I can actually give Kentona icons to add it to rmn hue hue hue

*gets shot*

For information though, the sites also stated that August 6 is the public announcement.

Wow, an announcement in just two days? Niiiiiiice :D

Well hopefully I mean the first thing a company would told about a information like this is their own company and their official english version distributor. So I guess that Enterbrain said to Degica to kept it a secret (most company do) and Degica just ignore it or not been told to kept it a secret and foreshadowed it thinking no one would notice it. Anyways since the timeline clearly show the Japanese release timeline so it probably it will release worldwide (world wide release is in rage with Japanese companies now after what Nintendo did with pokemon) since the VXace and 2003/2000 is mix between the Japanese and US release date timeline. Who know. Degica will just translate just a couple of words and their done. Because localization side. RPG maker VX ace is easily be translatable because only just under 5,000 words are used in the engine default settings (RTP). So it easier for them to translate it anyway.
Pretty sure Degica would have checked with EB before-hand. NDAs are sure to have been in use and breaking those can lead to some pretty hefty issues, so yeah, EB probably gave the go-ahead for the little hint.
author=Liberty
Pretty sure Degica would have checked with EB before-hand. NDAs are sure to have been in use and breaking those can lead to some pretty hefty issues, so yeah, EB probably gave the go-ahead for the little hint.
But at least it Well yeah you have to put NDAs in the problems list but at lease we got a clear gap when it will release so that a good thing. but at least give us hype for the release in the first place.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
I can see an RMN event in the making.
Someone else will have to run it if it's released over the next month or so. I'll be far too busy.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Oh, of course judging!
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=Sated
Those promotional screenshots...

If they want to hire a mapper to make nice RTP screenshots for them, I'm available!
I thought you might have just been giving them some sass for the hell of it but no good god those are bad.

author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=unity
author=Archeia_Nessiah

*gets shot*

Wow you had to do this just when I started learning Unity.

I'M NOT THAT EASY!!!

Also, definitely recommend letting Sated or Lib or someone make promo screens because those are fucking terrible.

author=Liberty
eb wouldn't have told Degica anything until they were happy to let it slide, and a grunt like Nessiah here is a page at best. So i'd say it's been given the get go.

Also Nessiah is one of the most law-abiding citizens I've seen so she's not the sort who would slip anything without the go-forward.

You silly law-idolizers make me want to vomit, what fun is order without a little chaos?

YOUR WEBSITE SUUUUUUCKKKSS

Okay I'm done being facetiously juvenile, I'm off to bed.
^ this guy need to be banned.
Anyways. Degica is doing a good job at publishing stuffs now. Thanks to them we saw a rise of PC Games that are only release in japan now available to English. At least Enterbrain maybe thinking of doing a worldwide release this time for the MV especially since a lot of things started to have a worldwide release with multiple languages.
BizarreMonkey
author=jomarcenter
^ this guy need to be banned.
That escalated quickly.
Hey, no reaction gifs, BM. Edit it out please.

Jomar, we don't ban people for that.
Maps are automatically three-layered

Hooray. I'm curious what they mean by "automatic" though. I just want 2k3 style mapping and a "no shadows" checkbox.
BizarreMonkey
author=Liberty
Hey, no reaction gifs, BM. Edit it out please.
Apologies. Done.

Much as I may seem narcissistic about this release, I will buy it and play around with it if the mouse controls are solid, like if I can turn the character with the mouse, plus pixel movement?

Damn man, you bet I'm sold.

author=Corfaisus
Wait, are they seriously still using the same shitty VX RTP+autotiles everywhere? Why the fuck would they?
There'd be no incentive to buy all the day one DLC otherwise, duh!

Your post was fun to read.

author=Archeia_Nessiah
author=Marrend
Where'd they come up with "MV"?
I'll tell the story once it's out. I have a solid idea why it was named as MV but 50-50% about if that's the only real reason lol
I'm guessing Multi-Virtual or something relating to it being for more then just Windows PC.

Ever since Windows stopped going by years they've based the sequelizing off of OS.

XP, WINXP
VX VISTA
VX ACE Also Vista because it was what VX should have been but wasn't.

Now it's gone back to numbers and they're getting cluey with the IoS market, only 6 years or so late, but I'll forgive it since first and foremost eb! is a magazine printing company, RPGmaker was more or less a toy they made to sell on the side then it just exploded beyond comprehension.

Yeah I was gonna go to bed, guess i flat out lied.

I will be soon though, I have on campus lessons tomorrow.
The only thing I care about is high resolution but it would have been nice to have an RTP makeover. Though I'm wondering if you can upscale or will just have to manually do it for low res sprites.
author=Darken
The only thing I care about is high resolution but it would have been nice to have an RTP makeover. Though I'm wondering if you can upscale or will just have to manually do it for low res sprites.

High Def will be the deciding factor for my purchase as well. I wonder if this will get released before I give in and buy Vx Ace.
author=Darken

That thought had crossed my mind too. Having control over scaling would be great, so setting it to 16x16 tiles @ 384x216 resolution... but then it scales that up to a 1920x1080 screen resolution or whatever. End result being an old school feel without doubling pixels in all of your art assets. Or alternatively, 64x64 tiles if that's how you wanna roll.

As an aside, I have a hunch that it'll at least allow for half-tiles in some form. It might just be for auto-tiling though.
Looks like VX Ace Ace. I ain't got hype for that.
author=GreatRedSpirit
Looks like VX Ace Ace. I ain't got hype for that.

vx ace is love

vx ace is life
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
I agree that it being a "major step" is not going to happen cause it is rpg maker but it seems like they are getting some where. Knowing it will probably have RGSS4 though will might be a little eh for awhile because there will be 0 scripts for it. But high res sounds good and mobile may be good for somethings who knows. Plus if it's going on mac that means more people able to play without additional software.

Edit: Either way I'm still excited.