RPG MAKER MV ANNOUNCED FOR PC AND MAC

So what's the 65% in the box on the bottom of the right-hand page? Is that an estimated % complete?
author=kory_toombs
Looks like VX graphics to me.

Yeah, it looks a lot on the surface like another VX / VX Ace port, but the multi-platform functionality and touchscreen / mouse support does sound rather intriguing… Hopefully there’s gonna be a lot more information about this and even some more new features possibly being added to it and posted up sometime in the future, because, at this particular moment, I’m not too superly enthusiastic about this other than those two new features, which I guess is a lot better than standard VX Ace, I guess.

I’m hoping that the eventing process will be very similar to 2k3’s and it will be able to handle a lot more going on than what VX or VX Ace can do. I mean, scripting is great and all, but I do miss being able to make all sorts of crazy shit using just mainly events, and it’s a shame that VX or VX Ace can’t replicate some of that same functionality like 2k3 can – but whatevers.

- But, either way, I’m happy to see another RPG Maker announced! You can’t complain too much when that happens. ^^

author=Gleason
So what's the 65% in the box on the bottom of the right-hand page? Is that an estimated % complete?

- Metacritic score?
- Features not yet announced?
- The likelihood of the Chicago Cubs winning the pennant?

Who knows.
Could just be for something else in the magazine, could be something about the scripting language, or about how much better the engine is. There really isn't a way of telling right now.

I'm personally hoping for a lite version. I think it would be cool to make a really short game before you move on to actually buying the engine.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

There will likely be a 30 day trial version, which will lead to some sort of event.

Remember I have remarkable powers that allow me to predict what RMN will do.

At this point it's hard to say if I would get it. With Ace and its scripts being so powerful there's only the mobile device option that makes it better at the moment. It seems more like they should name it RPG Maker VX Ace+

author=kory_toombs
There will likely be a 30 day trial version, which will lead to some sort of event.

Remember I have remarkable powers that allow me to predict what RMN will do.

At this point it's hard to say if I would get it. With Ace and its scripts being so powerful there's only the mobile device option that makes it better at the moment. It seems more like they should name it RPG Maker VX Ace+

Or Just put a update to the current VX Ace to have mobile support. Just like what Degica told us before. And also You don't have a remarkable power to predict what RMN will do. It will actually happened and everyone already knew what will RMN do already in case if something like this will happened.
I am hoping that the second screenshot on the upper left is indicating that the software will track the player's elevation and make bridges work the proper way without us having to event it in (walking over and under them).
My thoughts. Done up in a youtube video.. cause.. well .. easier than sitting here writing a bunch of stuff.

https://youtu.be/1W_XoISFJ18

The auto 3 layer thing sounds like what Ace has now.. there ARE 3 layers but they are auto and you have NO control over them and what goes on them.

I think MV stands for Multi Version.. as it is a VERSION that can port games to multiple platforms.

And which also will be useable on more than Windows... really hoping Linux is on the table.. but doubting it.

Also... i keep hoping they rely on the GPU maybe with Open GL and not just run off the CPU... but i'm doubting that will change...

Also.. for those who already guessed i'm The Goof on youtube.. congrats.. what? You want a cookie?
Backwards_Cowboy
owned a Vita and WiiU. I know failure
author=WCouillard
I am hoping that the second screenshot on the upper left is indicating that the software will track the player's elevation and make bridges work the proper way without us having to event it in (walking over and under them).

I got my hopes up when I saw that too. Bring a new dimension to mountains and valleys without being awkward and frustrating.

Maybe there will be an entirely new passability option or mapping tool for it. Even just a "bridge" flag like there has been for counters would be nice.
About the mouse control, I'm ok if it only works for menus, options and some events, for example, mouse movement in RPG Maker 95 is really awkward, and mouse movement like "click and the character will move there" feels like it would bring a lot of problems with events
I think what they mean by auto three layers is that there will be three layers of the map itself by default. In Ace there is really only two, A, then B, with events acting as a sort of 3 but not really. So, I'm thinking that it will going something like the XP style of mapping, which is cool, but the way that they say that it's automatically like that makes me think that you may be able to add additional layers to the map if you want to.
author=jomarcenter
author=kory_toombs
i am mighty
*bursts bubble*

you're unfunny @jomarcenter

also we can do little but wait to see what they're coming up with but i'm pretty sure that whatever they do in regards to mobile controls will be easily changeable through scripting.

Also, everybody has access to scripting. If you're doing a commercial game for mobile, just hire a goddamn scripter.

On a side note, no commercial rm games ever invest on sound design. And this is horrible.

author=Addit
I’m hoping that the eventing process will be very similar to 2k3’s and it will be able to handle a lot more going on than what VX or VX Ace can do. I mean, scripting is great and all, but I do miss being able to make all sorts of crazy shit using just mainly events, and it’s a shame that VX or VX Ace can’t replicate some of that same functionality like 2k3 can – but whatevers.

Exactly, I never understood why great features of past makers were forgotten about in future releases. rm2k3's eventing system and sideview options, XP's awesome mapping system, etc. I just want more customization options outside of a high-level scripting language... as has existed in past makers. For a program designed to create games based around complicated menu systems and battle algorithms, games based around retro graphics/pixel art, and party and inventory management mechanics, all with the slogan 'even nubs can gam mak!', the actual ability to meaningfully edit any of this without learning ruby is severely lacking.

and yes, I want the scripting language, too, but I feel like ruby became a lazy replacement for a lot of features that should have been default, putting the onus on the community to find workarounds for a program they paid a lot of money for.
Oh, wow, another RPG Maker. I really hope this one has support for full screen. I remember the newer rpg maker games either look a bit strange in full screen, or look weird on a bigger monitor. Anyway I am excited about this new RPG Maker. Hopefully it won't be overly expensive, and I can still use VX Ace graphics, otherwise I am just going to stick with ace for the time being.
Don't be ridiculous. That's six times too high and also implies that more than half of canceled games are between 65% and 99% complete. More likely it's the number of features from previous RMs that didn't get cut. Like "yeah we added a side view battle but front battlers are out, also no facesets in battle at all. ps we broke multiplication again".
I-It's happening.

rpg maker: pony engine incoming featuring the melody of harmony
author=PepsiOtaku
author=Archeia_Nessiah
I-It's happening.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aj5nCOyUKM
Combined to form... RPG Maker MVP

I wish I can like posts.
charblar
"wait you made this a career?"
Yanfly confirms they aren't dead. Nessy please have it come over as rpg maker amv.....