SUMMER SCREENSHOT SPECTACULAR!

Thanks dragonheartman, I'm glad you still remember that demo.
The edit looks pretty good, but I think you should fix the tall grass like it was said before, and the water, because the shore color is not the same as the normal water color...
also the INN sign seems to be floating.
I think the door has teh correct size, but I owuld add some windows because the door by it's own looks too empty... good luck :)
Some new screens from a new area in my game. The ice cave.
I have yet to think what else to add to the chipset, everything looks too... blue, but I can't think of anything else to use... I can't have plants because nothing can grow with so much cold and dark, any ideas?
Btw, you slip in the ice, so the big ice area is like a puzzle.

Any ideas on what to add to the chipset ? :D
EDIT: the slight color difference between some of the ground tiles has been fixed.
Fucking christ Cray... that looks great. I'm happy to know that you're still working on this.
@ Cray, looks pretty awesome, but my only complaint is that the ice looks like a different style than the rest of the chipset, but I'm not sure how you would fix that. It just seems unnatural.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Things to add? How about some glowy ice plants or something. No need to stick real world objects eh?
Thanks Dis!
Natook: Mmm, it's probably because I used just 1 color for the ice, I don't really know how to make an ice texture, but I just got an idea on how to imprtove it!
Arcan: you might be right, I added some ice pillars, but some glowy plants could look good too, thanks for the idea :)
Narcodis: even though I still hate the blockiness of VX's rtp, I think it looks nice.
DE
*click to edit*
More crystals, of varying sizes.
Rocks, ditto.
Frozen animals inside those crystals.
Glowing crystals (yellow?); in walls and "growing" out of the floor.
Frozen plants (mushrooms, grass etc.).
Snow (from a hole in the ceiling).
Frozen waterfall.
Pillars.
Lower levels on that last screen would like nicer if they were a bit darker (both bridges and floor/walls).
@Cray: You could add some different rock types and add some variation to the walls. That aside there really isn't much thats suited for an ice cave if you don't want to go for some fanatsy plants or make it a crystal cave.

@narcodis: Decent for an vx screen I guess, but are the walls on the second screen meant to be this high? If its not a canion a 2-3 tile max high with more variation might look better.

@topic:

that forest actually looks very nice (shame about the goofy cliffs in the RTP), and a DDR-style battle system is intriguing. loving the comic-book style SFX also :D
METAL GEAR..??
post=85904
@narcodis: Decent for an vx screen I guess, but are the walls on the second screen meant to be this high? If its not a canion a 2-3 tile max high with more variation might look better.

It is a canyon. It's a path through a bunch of mountains. So the height is intentional. :)

Your screens look very nice, by the way... what kind of battle system do you have going there? Is it real time?
@Eddie: Woha, a 3D Mechagame, awesome.

@narcodis: The map is just fine then.
As geodude said, its pretty much DDR style. Hhitting the buttons as they reach the middle to get AP and let one random partymember try to damage one random enemy. You get more then 1 AP for chains of successful hits (same with the enemy for misses) and can use special attacks and/or items once you have got enough AP for them.
So victory is a mix of reactiontime and use of the right elemental weapon and special attacks.
At the end you get "exp" based on enemy stats, hit/miss ratio and difficuly/speed to boost individual stats.
post=85958
As geodude said, its pretty much DDR style. Hhitting the buttons as they reach the middle to get AP and let one random partymember try to damage one random enemy. You get more then 1 AP for chains of successful hits (same with the enemy for misses) and can use special attacks and/or items once you have got enough AP for them.
So victory is a mix of reactiontime and use of the right elemental weapon and special attacks.
At the end you get "exp" based on enemy stats, hit/miss ratio and difficuly/speed to boost individual stats.

oh duh, maybe i should read what others are posting.

Anyway I dig the comic book-esque style it has going in the battles (OUCH! CRUNCH!). that sort of flair and style appeals to me.
Happy
Devil's in the details
Was bored so I just decided to capture unlocking catcopter in Asc RSD demo.

rei, you should fly across the moon when you take off :D

catcopter is a really hilarious concept though
I just remembered the Japanese sim/rpg whatever it was from three years ago that I first saw a cat copter on. I can't quite remember the name of the game though.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
That looks fucking badass.
Meowing could get annoying but that is such an awesome thing that I hardly care.

Sorry, I'll contribute something a little more interesting as soon as possible. Can't exactly take a screenshot of every scene of the game.