WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

author=flapbat
Actually, it's RM2K. Yes, it's a huge pain, but it's totally doable :) What kind of passives have you implemented, if you don't mind sharing and potentially having me draw inspiration from them?

PM sent to you good sir, mostly because if I tried to post it here, it'd be super long and whatnot (and I'm not here to promote my game specifically, since I'd have to link to my massive ReadMe file for finding each ability easier). However, if you want to see OTHER things (whether or not they'll work properly as opposed to checking the coding in my game), I do have these too:

http://xenomic.freehostia.com/Text/RPG%20Maker%202k3%20Tutorials.txt

It may be outdated though as I haven't touched it in ages. I really should update it though, I think it's got a lot of useful information others could potentially use...
Thank you! Checking out the readme file now :)

-flap
No problem. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Sure. I'm actually a fairly accomplished eventer myself. Farmyard Chronicle was made in a week, and although I polished it for three weeks afterward, all the gameplay elements were evented during that initial phase. We should do some kind of Power Ranger fusion super event! ;)
Heh. Maybe you might know a simpler way of condensing the coding that I have so that it's not so huge for some things, or even code them better. I wanna say that I'm decent with coding and whatnot, but sometimes I really question my methods. ^^;
Well, I see in Touhou fantasy you're using Dyne Plugins. For RM2K, I use plug-ins that really, really help coding. Being able to use pointers to pictures, for example, is invaluable. What kind of events are you wanting to simplify? I assume you make good use of variable pointers and labels?

-flap
No, I don't use pointers or labels at all, believe it or not. The only time I've ever used labels is when I had to loop back to something in a storyline event, and that's like twice. Never used pointers ever.

I can't think of which codes off the top of my head need simplified, but I think the learning skills bit could be condensed into one common event per character instead of having 1800 common events. ^^;
Yes, yes, gotta use those pointers! They are one of the things that 2K/2K3 has over newer engines! Labels are faster than loops, which is why people use them. In normal programming, as I understand it, there are plenty of times where loops are better. Plus, they show a greater understanding of programming mechanics. But in the RM2K(3) engine, labels require much less processing.
Rewriting my item classes in preparation to implement a crafting system. With any luck, I'll be done before the end of winter break.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Took last three days off society to finish up the Optional content i could do in M:R, all that's left to do is basically...

And then make a release trailer and punch it all out tomorrow.

I have done so much work... so much. And in a mere day from now, you shall all be free to see the fruits of the CCC's efforts.
Thinking about making world map tiles, which is essentially leaving me feeling like this:

I mean, I'm gonna HAVE to do it, since there are literally none that match the style I have going for my game, but... hnnggghhh. I'M EXCITED BECAUSE IT WILL LOOK GREAT but sob sob sob all that work ugguuuuu ;___;
BizarreMonkey
Nothing Now, I've finished that FUCKING GAME at last. A little late, but only due to marketing.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
My Christmas turnout was unexpectedly large, so I took a break for a couple days to dick around with all of my stuff.

Back to business for me, though. I'm up to the fourth major boss fight for my Treasality game, and so far I think I have the plot all neat and tidy. I'm doing my best to plan a lot ahead of time so everything's as coherent as possible. It's quite a bit of work, but I know the result's gonna be worth it.

I don't know when I'm going to create the game page, but it won't be for a while. I dunno if I have enough lore set up yet.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Planning is a good idea, zach! I commend you for that. Coherency is far better than a rushed project. =)

As for me... I'm working on mapping my game, towns specifically. I need to have all the towns for a region in place before I can design the surrounding dungeons, because you're expected to buy the gear in the towns for the forays into the dungeons, of course!
BizarreMonkey
I will agree that planning in some degree can REALLY help! Especially when designing and writing characters.

I planned quite a bit in exile, two storyboards, multiple weapon ideas and the city map before i even began work on the project.

Oh, i forgot I don't have Exile on here yet, woops! Well you guys will get dirt on that in the future, I promise! :B
Yeah, planning is a sensible way to go. I'm not creating a game page until I have a substantial amount of work done, either.

I'm slowly stripping down my game's plot, cutting out excess characters/merging characters to make it simpler to write & draw.
I wish I had something to post here. Unfortunately I'm not working on anything at the moment :/
BizarreMonkey
author=Link_2112
I wish I had something to post here. Unfortunately I'm not working on anything at the moment :/
Same boat, you can help people out who may be struggling though or talk about what you might be working on.

I went to a meet up with some fellow devs today from my local area, was hype.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Side-project time! Because everyone needs a break.