WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=LockeZ
So now, since this is a Squaresoft fan-game, I'm making a superboss battle against Grahf.

But who will describe their room?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
set_long("You are in a black void. A spotlight shines on a wooden chair. A pendant swings in the background.");
add_item("void", "If only you didn't exist...");
add_item("spotlight", "chair", "pendant", "Due to budget cuts, the actual scene of this battle has been redacted.");
author=LockeZ
set_long("You are in a black void. A spotlight shines on a wooden chair. A pendant swings in the background.");
add_item("void", "If only you didn't exist...");
add_item("spotlight", "chair", "pendant", "Due to budget cuts, the actual scene of this battle has been redacted.");

accurately describes every rm* game made from 2001-2003

also

chuchu died for your sins
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Just sent my composer some work orders and just as i was beginning to work on Perseverance some I felt like doing some work on what little remains on M:R so alright.

Just fixed a cosmetic error concerning the tool tip for Leaf of Nostalgia. Still had the item image from it's previous incantation, the Blue Sun molecule.
Making practice XP sprites & tiles to prepare for the gamejam:

@suzy_cheesedreams: That tree looks very nice! It reminds me of a very old RPG, but I can't remember which one exactly...

I've been working on portraits for a very short game idea. I'm still unsure how to shade his hair, but I'm proud of the pocky stick in his mouth. This guy's name is Ivory and he is supposed to travel with an elephant shrew named Ebony.

working on a title screen for my game,"arvesia" font needs change. I plan to separate mountains and tree in the future, so those will be 3 differently moving patterns. Each of its own speed pace to add more depth.(like those clouds behind). I am still not sure about sky gradient, but there might be some.

*if you are curious about music, note on ytb. .p)
BizarreMonkey
Good to see you're still around Begriff, and doing art of your own, too!

It's already better than mine. >:[

Spent the whole of last night writing up mechanics for thirteen of the sixteen Corporation Bosses. All Action battles. So uh, alright. :/

I'll give a brief preview:
Member IX: Unrequited Verdict (Opening Battle Quote: Court is now in session!)
Sits atop a pedestal, if you pass his trial, you win instantly. If you are hit once you fail.
Slams down a gavel at the player, avoid it at first, but remember it is also your shield. (Quote (Seldom): Behold the long arm of the law!)
Sweeps the floor with lasers, hiding behind a gavel will save you from death. (Quote (Seldom): I sentence you to deadly rave party lights.)
Summons a slow floodlight that moves randomly, being cast in its light will end up with you being shit and kill instantly. (Quote (Seldom): The law's gaze is absolute!)
Avoiding a total of eight either lasersweeps (the whole thing), gavel slams or floodlights will grant you clemency, and victory at once. (Quote: We find the defendant: Not guilty.)

Member XII: Impetuous Sussuration (Opening Battle Quote: Be...GONE!)
Summons shadows of himself, which do the same physical moves he does. (Sometimes Laughs on summon)
Duel wields Darn Energy Sabers, dances around with these.
Teleports around, doesn't stay still for long.
Creates walls of darkness infront the player which damages the player if made contact, he appears behind them and attacks through them. (Quote: Come closer... and PERISH!)
Sometimes transforms into a shadow orb and moves hastily towards the player, unleashing a flurry of attacks after emerging. (Quote on emerge (Sometimes): Disappear!)
Summons shadowbolts around the arena that are stationary at first, but accelerate after 180 frames, these dmagae the player when hit. (Seldom laughs)
Sometimes condenses the screen in a dark tint and thick fog temporarily, making him hard to hit and avoid. (Allow me-- to show you oblivion!)
Has 16 health

Wow those spelling mistakes...

Ah well they are sorta funny.
author=BizarreMonkey
Good to see you're still around Begriff, and doing art of your own, too!

It's already better than mine. >:[

Aww, thanks Biz! Yeah I'm still around, just very busy at the moment. I'm happy that I can find time to draw, at least, since that's pretty essential for me right now. I still want to study game design after I finished school, after all...and it's my last year of school.

So...I'm more or less finished with those two. Ivory will have more than one look, though.

BizarreMonkey
Neat! Also while I'm not great at art (certainly getting better but shhh) I have some really talented artists at my beck and call who will do things for me instead.
Sorta like these by Pj:

Or this by Xiie

Been working on progressive content in Menagerie: Remastered, even if the game may be released, there's a little more to do on it before I close it's curtains for good. It's mostly a waiting game, but there are some things I can do personally.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I definitely find myself wanting to know more about the ARDVARK KING or whatever.

Working on some more tileset stuff. Trying to accomplish a night time scene without using the VXA tinting shit cause I hate the way it fucks with my palettes. I think it's coming out pretty okay, but I'm not really certain about the way the stone walls of the jail are looking. I obviously copied the tree from Carpan, I might replace that later but idk.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I like how you handed the hole in the wall. I think the walls might look less odd if you indent between the blocks? lemme try something...

Wow, I can't believe I didn't think of that.

I'm just literally going to copy/paste your edit straight into the game to be honest, looks really good.

Thanks!
BizarreMonkey
And by superstitious mirth and with indivine guidance craze spoke wordeth: "Let it be so!"

And then tileset-enchanted magic moments were had, and ice cream for the spirit of the supple acts of hoity emotion.

Right, now if I can stop being a poetic crackass for a second, let me state here away from the bandwagon that I admire what you're doing, I too once attempted to create my own pureblood tilesets, but the attempt ended in failure...

In my eagerness, I had lost sight of the correct way to achieve my goal.

I acted rashly, I can admit that now, in truth it turned out that tilesets and I were never to get along at all and that using an underlay and overlay to create mspainty but nonetheless stunning environments has returned for me and my enjoyment in spades. I can also hide things under the overlay so if players can get up they can find easter eggs n' stuff. (They go to about 36% Opacity when you get behind them.

This was just for a test.

Working on Dialog editor and a Cutscene editor to easily set up branching cutscenes based on dialog input and various checks. Coming together alright.

I was working on waterfall since yesterday, i had like 3x types of it, but then the simplier one won. only 2 colors and it works!

What's at the bottom of the lake, does it have a floor or is it a killer hole?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
is that gif symbolic of how you want to jump off a cliff after iterating on the waterfall
water is not complete yet (i plan to add some water flora), it has floor deep down there. waterfall is background you do not interact it with, maybe i should lighten it a little.