WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Been working on some stuff for a new project, whilst trying to improve my pixel-ing speed and ability. The sprites above (+ rotations and walk animation) took about 30 minutes, and what's finished of the base tileset there was about 15-20 minutes.

I'm happy with the colours on the sprite, and how I was able to accomplish a bit of finer colour blending in a really small space. The tileset still looks a little wonky though, but I think I can tune it up to par as I finish it up.

EDIT: Also, I sniped Rebezion. Shit.

author=Rebezion
So I am finshing a concept for a game, I had to put site here down because concept is going to be revamped a little bit again. I am also in touch with more experienced coder, which is interested in this game concept and we'll discuss the future progress. If it works well, game will start fresh anew and engine will be build from a zero again with more stuff in mind, there also will be more terrain graphic and variety, hills, etc. Check if u liked vids before, there is also this climb ability which is shown in this vid - I think Climb is cool :))) I was heavily inspred by Seirei Densetsu Lickle. Check also the Title screen crow test and let me know how do u like it or don't like it. :D Feedback is pushing my determination.

please note that game has no music and I m using provisional in video, shame !
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
So after making my first level just for fun, I decided to start my own Sanic da Headhog prawject in Multimedia Fusion.
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/4622/locker/megasonic_titlepreview.png

I seriously can't come up with a better title. The story is pretty much "Eggmans captures animals, Sanic has to stop him." There are also other fangames and hacks that take just about everything you can possibly name for a traditional Sonic game, so I just went with "Mega Sonic the Hedgehog" after the Mega Drive/Genesis.

I also have a WIP tileset for the first Zone, pretty much the equivalent to Green Hill with Sonic CD's palette:
http://rpgmaker.net/media/content/users/4622/locker/SonicFangame_Tilesetpreview.png

Other stuff includes replacing some default assets in the Sonic Worlds Delta engine I'm using to develop this.

Anyway, Pizza that looks fantastic as always, though the snow tiles could use some more detail. It actually took me a bit to realize it was snow to begin with and not your default workspace.
Looking clean and slick as always, Pizza.

Finished cleaning up the bugs in my custom naming system for Eagleland.

Just working on adding functionality to my Battledome logic.

Welcome to Battledome!
Lil Mac has deployed the Power Blade
Lilith has deployed the Dagger
Enter your name: Kentona
Thanks for the name, Kentona
Enter number 1: 1
Enter number 2: 2
1 2
Turnpoints threshold is 60
Turn 1
Turnpoints: Lil Mac= 21 Lilith= 43
Lil Mac added 26 turnpoints for total of 47
Lilith added 38 turnpoints for total of 81
Lilith added to turnqueue, has 21 turnpoints remaining.
Lilith's turn.
Lilith attempts to attack, but misses!
Terrific blow!
Lilith inflicts {PHYSICAL=30} damage to Lil Mac
Lil Mac: 125/155 HP
End of turn 1 (press <Enter> to continue)
Turn 2
Turnpoints: Lil Mac= 47 Lilith= 21
Lil Mac added 26 turnpoints for total of 73
Lil Mac added to turnqueue, has 13 turnpoints remaining.
Lilith added 36 turnpoints for total of 57
Lil Mac's turn.
Lil Mac inflicts {ENERGY=42} damage to Lilith
Lilith: 73/115 HP
Lil Mac recovered 3 HP! 128/155 HP
Lil Mac drained 3 energy! 60/60 NRG
Lilith counterattacks and inflicts {PHYSICAL=12} damage to Lil Mac
Lil Mac: 116/155 HP
End of turn 2 (press <Enter> to continue)
Turn 3
Turnpoints: Lil Mac= 13 Lilith= 57
Lil Mac added 26 turnpoints for total of 39
Lilith added 33 turnpoints for total of 90
Lilith added to turnqueue, has 30 turnpoints remaining.
Lilith's turn.
Lilith inflicts {PHYSICAL=19} damage to Lil Mac
Lil Mac: 97/155 HP
Terrible blow.
Lilith inflicts {PHYSICAL=14} damage to Lil Mac
Lil Mac: 83/155 HP
End of turn 3 (press <Enter> to continue)
Turn 4
Turnpoints: Lil Mac= 39 Lilith= 30
Lil Mac added 26 turnpoints for total of 65
Lil Mac added to turnqueue, has 5 turnpoints remaining.
Lilith added 35 turnpoints for total of 65
Lilith added to turnqueue, has 5 turnpoints remaining.
Lil Mac's turn.
Lil Mac inflicts {ENERGY=29} damage to Lilith
Lilith: 44/115 HP
Lil Mac recovered 2 HP! 85/155 HP
Lil Mac drained 2 energy! 60/60 NRG
Lilith counterattacks and inflicts {PHYSICAL=14} damage to Lil Mac
Lil Mac: 71/155 HP
Lilith's turn.
Lilith inflicts {PHYSICAL=21} damage to Lil Mac
Lil Mac: 50/155 HP
Lilith inflicts {PHYSICAL=22} damage to Lil Mac
Lil Mac: 28/155 HP
End of turn 4 (press <Enter> to continue)
Turn 5
Turnpoints: Lil Mac= 5 Lilith= 5
Lil Mac added 23 turnpoints for total of 28
Lilith added 33 turnpoints for total of 38
Turnpoints: Lil Mac= 28 Lilith= 38
Lil Mac added 26 turnpoints for total of 54
Lilith added 34 turnpoints for total of 72
Lilith added to turnqueue, has 12 turnpoints remaining.
Lilith's turn.
Lilith inflicts {PHYSICAL=24} damage to Lil Mac
Lil Mac: 4/155 HP
Terrific blow!
Lilith inflicts {PHYSICAL=32} damage to Lil Mac
Lil Mac: 0/155 HP
Lil Mac has been defeated.
End of turn 5 (press <Enter> to continue)
Lil Mac has died!
And so concludes the Battledome.

I am working on some limited interactivity whereby you can pick the battlers and stuff. I could probably export my work as an executable JAR and distribute to those interested in spitballing ideas and numbers with me. Craze and GRS seemed interested, at least. Maybe I'll make a gameprofile
Dangit Lil Mac I told you punch with the opposite hand not the same one! It's a difference of five times the damage to ol' Mikey T thats it get your pink jumpsuit on we're going for a run

Lilith was cheating with being able to attack twice too per action, what a jerk!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@Pizza Absolutely hot and cute and I love the little snowy alcove. Your style is mint, but you know I think that anyway. ;)
@Ratty524 Neat. Is there a Sonic Engine in Multimedia Fusion? I reckon it'd be hard to replicate since it's such a dynamic well-designed game and everything moves so fast.
@Rebezion That looks absolutely smashing. Are those mockups or actual gameplay screens? Either way, they look great.
@Dookie That is really cute. I'm guessing whatever you choose for favourite sport or food comes into play later on?
@kentona That seems like a totally hawt idea.

Finally getting back to Acc Mu. Membranes. Either players can pass, and objects cannot, or players cannot pass, and objects can. I call them squiggles and double-lined membranes. I called them membranes because membranes are selective barriers, which is what these are.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Chugging away at the Dojo of the Dragon Fist for Legacy Reborn. There is one area in there that I'm blank-staring at, though, it should probably be somewhat associated with the trial of spirit.

Ah well! Figure it out later! Might as well roll with the energy, and continue mapping! Which means... it's time to make the Castle of Storms? Already? Uh... okay!
who wants an invite to my super secret battledome gameprofile?
Sign me up coach, I'll avenge Lil Mac's defeat!
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@kentona Sure :)
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Thinking currently if I'll do my usual route for cutscenes or do some frame-by-frame animation when dealing with expressions rather than doing that thing where we pan/zoom/rotate fade shit and use tweening as an excuse for laziness, hum...

I'd certainly like to! I want to have a demonstration of P:A ready by 3/14 this year, so I do until the end of Act 2, that means three cutscenes, one of which will have to be at least a little over 40 seconds. Obviously, tweening would still be a thing, but I would like to give characters the expressive nature such a character-focused game demands. That said, if i do decide to go with frame-by-frame, it'll make me get good progressively quicker at drawing characters, some of them still give me trouble, like Sped and Nola (her head is a little weird. It'd also give me good practise at drawing environments.

It's just that I'm not very good at frame by frame yet, but I gather that alike art, that will change tremendously with practice.

This is what I can do currently. I'd want it a bit smoother, obviously.
author=Craze
I don't know Java but I wouldn't mind throwing ideas at the project, kentona! If you want to do more "research", there's that mybrute-esque game RMN also played for a little bit... i totally forgot the name of it, though. i'll edit this post once i remember

is it back-and-forth turns, or does high agility mean you might act more often than your opponent? i know that ToME (a roguelike) has actions that give you a % of a turn, and then once you have 100% of a turn you instantly act again. a version of that might work well?

edit: Pepsi, that's admirable/understandable, yeah. go make pro games with dat C++ (y u no A++ </meme>)

author=GreatRedSpirit
Sign me up coach, I'll avenge Lil Mac's defeat!
author=CashmereCat
@kentonaSure :)

I abused my powers and approved my own game (because I wanted it up before the weekend since I am not at my work computer when not at work! (go figure). You can vilify me later.
http://rpgmaker.net/games/5000/

This is by no means a finished tileset or a legit map (just a test of the tiles). I've been playing with a new type of lighting effect, which you can see there on the wall candles. Once again, I'm of course trying my hardest to really make the palette as nice as possible.

My main question is: how do the roof beams look? It's been quite a while since I put actual detail into wood surfaces in my art, so I don't know if it blends exactly right with the other parts of the tile set.

EDIT: I'm aware that the horizontal beam shouldn't sit on top of the wall like that, and I've already taken steps to fix it.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I know this sounds boring and lame, but given how the rest of the map's perspective is done, I would actually make the beams be solid black on the top.

I think this at least looks better for the horizontal beam, though I'm less sure of the vertical one:

Yeah, I originally planned to do that, but like your said the vertical beam suffers for it. I might play around with it more, see if I can hint at the wood tone on the vertical while keeping it black. Not sure.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I think if you had the beams criss-cross in the middle of the room, the vertical beam would look okay.

Doesn't have to do that on every map, or even most of them. Just often enough that the player gets used to seeing it and therefore doesn't mistakenly think it's an impassable wall. I would definitely make sure to do it the first several times that you use roof beams.
I'm a little nervous about posting this, since it's in a rough state and I'm not sure it gives the clearest idea what I'm working on. In any case, I've made some recent progress in my neverending quest to imitate FF3 in VX Ace. The battle engine is Tankentai, made comprehensible thanks to Wishdream's translation (I love you Wishdream!). Classes are made possible thanks to Yanfly, natch. You may notice, thanks to the power of pallette swaps, that each actor had its own custom class and battler graphic, courtesy of Hime's class graphic script.

Not featured are casting animations and weapon graphics, both of which are in a rough state but work about the way I want them too. I think anyone on this site can see where I'm trying to go with this. My current dilemma is if I want to simply try and imitate the FF3 job system, which is well within my ability at this point, or try and approximate something closer to FFV's job system. The later option is proving to be a headache, but I'm going to see what I can do. Job systems in RPG Maker are much like Mark Twain's assessment of the weather: Everyone's always talking about them, but no one ever seems to do anything.

@Dookie- I've been watching your work on Eagleland since at least the early days of the Obama administration, when they were just a couple of tantalizing images on Starman.net. Suffice it to say, I am very, very excited!
@Pizza- Excellent work! Looks like Mother 3, but it's not. I agree with LockeZ's assesment though.
LockeZ
FF3's job system was pretty bad. Absolutely nothing carried over from one job to another... except your max HP. Monk gave you the higest max HP increase when you leveled up, and no other aspect of your job had any long-term effect at all, so it was extremely beneficial to be in monk every single time you leveled up for the entire game, and only switch to other jobs once you were, uh, done with the entire game. Every battle you fought as a non-monk was permanently making yourself weaker for the novelty of temporarily using a different play style.

If you get rid of that aspect and just make nothing at all carry over from one job to the next, then I guess it's not actively bad any more, just mostly boring. It discourages experimenting with different jobs because you start over from scratch at Job Level 1 and can't use any of the stuff you got in other jobs. Whereas FF5 and FFT have systems that strongly encourage experimenting to find powerful combinations of jobs, since when you change jobs you can still use most of your old stuff.

My recommendation would be to take FF3's system, get rid of the stupid permanent HP gains, but make it so every 10 job levels you learn an ability that stays with you permanently and can always be used no matter what job you change to. That is a pretty simple adaptation from FF3's system. It would require far less effort than giving the player slots to equip skills in, while still encouraging playing around with different jobs once you have used one for a while.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
i have no idea why anybody would ever want to imitate ff3 in any way. ffxiv gives me all the ff3 i need