WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Ratty524
A heated debate in regards to religion and spirituality in what is essentially the forum's spam topic.

Only in RMN.

You're right. No other place would allow it.
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
I know hell is down and heaven is up.

And there exist people who would tell me I'm being exclusionary and racist for assuming that "down" is automatically a bad thing, considering that there are many upstanding examples of things being down in nature, and it is my narrow-minded, predisposed notions that inhibit me from being progressive and embracing a world where down and up can both be represented without bias.
author=Isrieri
I know hell is down and heaven is up.

And there exist people who would tell me I'm being exclusionary and racist for assuming that "down" is automatically a bad thing, considering that there are many upstanding examples of things being down in nature, and it is my narrow-minded, predisposed notions that inhibit me from being progressive and embracing a world where down and up can both be represented without bias.

Check your up privilege!

I feel the same way about those people as you do. I'm really quite astonished that they seem to actually believe everything they say.
author=pianotm
As for science: you are trying to define an infinite universe with a finite tool. Where's the logic in that?
The logic is that we don't have any choice in the matter. We can observe things and make assumptions as to why things happen the way they do, or... what else, really? We're finite beings like everything else, so obviously all our tools, thoughts, and understandings are going to be finite.

author=pianotm
And you can't use that definition of existence, because what are you interacting with?
I dunno piano, what are you interacting with when you type on your keyboard, make your computer interact with the internet to send a message that then interacts with my computer, and then my eyes, and then my mind? We can't use your definition, I mean, you pretty much tell people its nonsense immediately after saying it!
Look, regardless of what you think you think about reality, you will continue living your life in the exact same way regardless. You will still reach out for objects and manipulate them, talk to people, eat food, etc. Its just like the question of free will and "divine intervention"/"God's plan", where regardless of what you think about it, you'll end up making the same choices, just with different justifications.
The definition I gave is how people generally use the word. To go back to astronomy, consider how many things were discovered by first noting their effect on other things. Now, you could say to these people "but its all just an illusion!", but don't expect them to just pack everything up and go home. This "illusion" is all they and everyone else have!
We both realize that our experiences are limited to our own mind. The only extra thing you're doing is adding a lot of extra words where they don't need to be and asking a lot of questions with no answer or consequence.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Water gets turned off at home to replace water heater.
Make pilgrimage to grocery store to wash hands.
No soap in men's room.
Wash in unisex instead.

I'm feeling pretty good right now.
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
I'm practicing for my driving theory test. Does anyone have any tips what I should focus on?
Make sure to buckle up
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
They have theories on driving?
Corfaisus
My mellow has officially been harshed. The subhuman shitbag spawn of Satan that raped my mother and beat her as a teenager and was what inspired her to view all men as filth tried to contact her over Facebook recently. I saw the message, claiming himself to be a Christian. NO FUCKER! YOU ARE NOT A GODDAMN CHRISTIAN! You ruined her life and, frankly, I don't believe in hell, but you'd be #1 on my list of people who deserve it.

I swear, if that... I can't even properly put to words how much shit he is; but if "he" (what is that thing anyway?) ever shows up at my door or if I EVER find out where he lives, I swear to God I will fucking end him!

Sorry to explode, but I need to get this fury out in any way I can, and I don't have a punching bag or anything.
My religion consists of stroking my cat, eating cereal, lifting bags of potatoes and smacking old people

I wish it was this anyways :x loljk
Jeroen_Sol
Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays. A game of betrayal, where the most suspicious person is brutally murdered? How savage.
author=seiromem
They have theories on driving?

They do in the Netherlands. Here, before being able to even apply for a practical exam, you first have to sit a theoretical one.

author=Corfaisus
My mellow has officially been harshed. The subhuman shitbag spawn of Satan that raped my mother and beat her and was what inspired her to view all men as filth tried to contact her over Facebook recently. I saw the message, claiming himself to be a Christian. NO FUCKER! YOU ARE NOT A GODDAMN CHRISTIAN! You ruined her life and, frankly, I don't believe in hell, but you'd be #1 on my list of people who deserve it.

I swear, if that... I can't even properly put to words how much shit he is; but if "he" (what is that thing anyway?) ever shows up at my door or if I EVER find out where he lives, I swear to God I will fucking end him!

Sorry to explode, but I need to get this fury out in any way I can, and I don't have a punching bag or anything.

I can't even begin to imagine what that must be like... I'm so sorry...
And yeah, sorry to hear all that, Corfaisus. That's terrible, seriously... I wouldn't know where to begin in coping with that.
Seiromem
I would have more makerscore If I did things.
I'm thinking about what makes an event fun.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
author=seiromem

On RMN? The achievements. Seriously. I'm not even joking.
author=Marrend
author=seiromem
On RMN? The achievements. Seriously. I'm not even joking.

Achievements help but I think what makes an event fun varies. For review events, review bounties really get me into it. For gam mak, I like themes that are flexible but interesting. Example of non-flexible theme: Bing Crosby. For music event... I don't know. I'm not really into making music to be honest (Though I probably would be if I could make good music).
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
You had to mention Bing Crosby, didn't you?
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup is probably my favorite game right now.
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
author=turkeyDawg
author=pianotm
As for science: you are trying to define an infinite universe with a finite tool. Where's the logic in that?
The logic is that we don't have any choice in the matter. We can observe things and make assumptions as to why things happen the way they do, or... what else, really?
Ah, but science must also make assumptions.

We're finite beings like everything else, so obviously all our tools, thoughts, and understandings are going to be finite.

The suggestion here is that we should make no effort to try for more.

author=pianotm
And you can't use that definition of existence, because what are you interacting with?

I dunno piano, what are you interacting with when you type on your keyboard, make your computer interact with the internet to send a message that then interacts with my computer, and then my eyes, and then my mind? We can't use your definition, I mean, you pretty much tell people its nonsense immediately after saying it!
Look, regardless of what you think you think about reality, you will continue living your life in the exact same way regardless. You will still reach out for objects and manipulate them, talk to people, eat food, etc. Its just like the question of free will and "divine intervention"/"God's plan", where regardless of what you think about it, you'll end up making the same choices, just with different justifications.
The definition I gave is how people generally use the word. To go back to astronomy, consider how many things were discovered by first noting their effect on other things. Now, you could say to these people "but its all just an illusion!", but don't expect them to just pack everything up and go home. This "illusion" is all they and everyone else have!
We both realize that our experiences are limited to our own mind. The only extra thing you're doing is adding a lot of extra words where they don't need to be and asking a lot of questions with no answer or consequence.

You seem to be getting angry. I'm not sure what I have said to offend you. I have not been confrontational with you. And as for "questions with no answer or consequence" and "words where they don't need to be" that is your opinion and yours alone. Others may have a variation on your opinion, but they're never quite the same. What I'm talking about, on this level anyway, is really quite harmless. But it seems you want me to stop talking about it. I haven't called your opinion "wrong", nor would I think it. Nor am I trying to say I'm right. I'm just asking "what makes you so sure that you are?"

But you have asked the question "What are you interacting with when you type on the keyboard?" I am interacting with the keyboard, it's made of plastic and has magnetic buttons. What I study may ask us to view all things as an illusion, but also doesn't expect us to be stupid enough to overthink simple things. Instead of just thinking about an interesting idea that was formulated to help people examine their own minds and perceptions, which is all I am trying to offer, you are choosing to attack me.

But that's fine. You can attack me. I don't care. I won't fight back. I'll simply stop writing. I don't push ideas when people don't want me to, so if you don't like my ideas and you don't want to have a meaningful discussion, then tell me. I'll never post my views again.