RMN V4.5 (AND BEYOND) FEATURE IDEA LIST

kentona
I am tired of Earth. These people. I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives.
it's freaky, so I picked it.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Fair enough.

Oh and I PM'd you a list (one more for your PM stats) and now I'm going to stop derailing this topic.
"Mark all as read" for users. (works for all future posts)

The user is not blocked but they are prevented from triggering notices.

This was a joke suggestions, but it's still good.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Cancelled games should be sorted to the bottom of a user's History when viewing their profile.

Ideally, it should sort Completed, then Production, then Hiatus, then Cancelled; and then sub-sort by completion date if any.

e: Also, linking to a post (such as, say, here) shouldn't hide the top of the post under the user bar.
LouisCyphre
e: doppleposte
Or at least allow a choice of how things are sorted. Oh, and a search ability for personal posts would be nice - like with the lockers~

I know, I'm picky.
Is there an option to set the display of a game's comments as "Most recent first" by default without having to click on the small arrows each time? If not, that would be a good idea for a future update and if there is, I can't find it.
LouisCyphre
Another nitpick. Can we get the ability to label a Hide tag, something like this?
[hide=More Screenshots][/hide]
or something.
author=LouisCyphre
Another nitpick. Can we get the ability to label a Hide tag, something like this?
[hide=More Screenshots][/hide]
or something.

Would that change the text of the hide button or put a few words above/next to it?
LouisCyphre
author=Link_2112
Would that change the text of the hide button or put a few words above/next to it?
Change the text, preferably.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
We can embed Youtube videos. How about adding the ability to embed Vines? It'd be handy to be able to submit them as media.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but vines are 7-8 seconds, correct? We only allow submissions of a certain length (at least 5 minutes is the current standard, I do believe). There would really be no reason for them. Ever. At all.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
What's the purpose of that rule? I can think of plenty of use cases for sharing short videos (in fact, I was just about to when I found there was no way to share Vines). For example, demonstrating animations, or UI effects, or particles, or atmosphere, etc. There are lots of visual features in a game that can be concisely shared in a few seconds which can't be conveyed with a still image, yet would be overkill to have a several minute long video for.
Never heard of gifs? They work with the img file extension.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
I don't see why the ability to embed gifs means we can't embed Vines. Vine is an increasingly popular social network and it has a big presence in the indie gamedev scene. Also, gifs don't have audio.
I (shockingly) agree with Sailerius. Vine is growing so fast, especially in the indie scene, that not allowing it is eventually going to be a detriment and a relic.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
Wow, major props on the turnaround time. Awesome!
I think topics you started and your individual posts should be separated in the history tab.

But I'm sure this is kinda difficult to do, so this might be just buried in history -.-;

Oh yeah, also the hide tag is kinda bugged.
They freak out when hiding stuff like lists, tables, videos, and the like.
nichijou
guzen no tomogara
You get my point, right?
author=karins_soulkeeper
Oh yeah, also the hide tag is kinda bugged.
They freak out when hiding stuff like lists, tables, videos, and the like.

Then don't hide stuff like lists, tables, videos, and the like!

I'll take a look at the hide tag to see if it can be improved. I did try to implement Chaos' suggestion but wasn't able to get it to work consistently.