2014 "OFFICIAL" MISAO PREDICTIONS/DISCUSSION THREAD

OMNIS is a simply amazing and largely unknown RM game. It's about a 2-3 hour demo with all original music and graphics. Post-Apocalyptic survival genre at its best! Could you add it to the list?

-flap
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Huh. Omnis - The Erias Line is flagged as "commercial". Also, the "nominate" button is disabled on the gamepage. I'm going to hazard a guess, and say that there is a relationship there!
author=Marrend
Huh. Omnis - The Erias Line is flagged as "commercial". Also, the "nominate" button is disabled on the gamepage. I'm going to hazard a guess, and say that there is a relationship there!

Elementary, my dear Watson.

-Sherlock
Strange, since I was able to play it for free...

@SnowOwl: Not sure which Sherlock you're quoting, but the original and the best never said that line.

-flap
Demos of commercial games are usually free. :P
Commercial games aren't eligible for Misaos, unfortunately.
Oh, I managed to make the list. That's nice. :3
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

I believe there was a case of this last year. A demo got nominated many times and changed to commercial just before the awards, which disqualified it. It should have waited until after winning. Oh, well... Lesson learned I guess. But hey, there's nothing stopping this guy changing his profile to non commercial then changing it back after the awards.

Did I find a loop hole?
If you have questionable morals, it is certainly possible to do that. Surely nobody does, right?
author=TheJudge

Congrats. I didn't, but a screenshot of my game did for some reason.

-flap
author=flapbat
author=TheJudge
Congrats. I didn't, but a screenshot of my game did for some reason.

-flap

Oh, somehow I screwed up the names and the pictures. Both Farmyard Chronicle and Age of Deliverance were supposed to be on the list, but I mixed up the names and images, and overwrote the link. It's fixed now.
Didn't Ghost ask for fangames to not be created?
edit: got an answer
I haven't heard boo from Ghost in a long while
author=KadyCandy
I hear this so often. I personally asked Mortis himself on tumblr if I could make this game, he said yes. http://thejudge.tumblr.com/post/90896892904/i-wanted-to-break-a-couple-misconceptions-towards
Thankfully I keep this post saved. This isn't my first ask to him, this was a later one when people were complaining about fangames on tumblr I sent him another ask on clarification on the OFF universe and what people do with it.
author=TheJudge
author=KadyCandy
I hear this so often. I personally asked Mortis himself on tumblr if I could make this game, he said yes. http://thejudge.tumblr.com/post/90896892904/i-wanted-to-break-a-couple-misconceptions-towards
Thankfully I keep this post saved. This isn't my first ask to him, this was a later one when people were complaining about fangames on tumblr I sent him another ask on clarification on the OFF universe and what people do with it.

Yeah, it's a pretty common rumor. No one would give me a straight answer, I'll reblog it on rpgpixelsgames. P:
author=KadyCandy
author=TheJudge
author=KadyCandy
Yeah, it's a pretty common rumor. No one would give me a straight answer, I'll reblog it on rpgpixelsgames. P:
Yeah I understand. sometimes I just get tired of hearing it ; -;
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I predict that Dudesoft will get zero awards.
I predict that HOME will get negative rewards. B^3
So many great games which are not on this list...
I'm a bit sad because it's more of a popularity contest than a reward for their value.
Sure, it's the same for commercial games. Marketing and communication are what sell games nowadays... but still, I'm sad to see it happens here too.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Well, cabfe, if you think so, why not go ahead and nominate those games yourself and post about them here? That's kind of the whole purpose of this thread, you know?
Just keep in mind you can only nominate games that were made in 2014 and are hosted on RMN.