IF YOU COULD REMAKE ANY VIDEOGAME WHICH ONE WOULD IT BE?

Lufia was great as in, besides the slow walk speed.

I'd remake 7th Saga. Slight graphical enhancements, more balanced characters, more intelligent reliationship with other characters, a few nice secrets, and that'd be about it.

Man it was a great game.
Happy
Devil's in the details
I can't think of a game I would like to completely remake, but Suikoden V could be great if it'd be fixed a bit. Difficulty and graphics at least.
I just rememebered, Warsong(aka Langrisser) is capable of a pretty good remake.
I would just keep the music because the music is incredible.
Hmmm...

I feel like Dragon Quest Monsters Joker should have had tons more monsters and a much longer storyline than it has. While I love the game to death, as it has one of my favorite monster "mating" systems with unlimited potential (okay, not quite unlimited, but DAMN near. It's possible to give a regular slime high level monster moves and stat potential. They never know what's coming!), I felt like the game didn't have enough story to even help you max out your main team of three monsters. You don't really need to level grind at all... it's one of my favorite Dragon Quest spinoffs but Joker really fell short. The graphics and music were spot on perfect, battles make Pokemon crap themselves, and it had me gripped for weeks. I wouldn't remake it completely, as there are tons of features I find to be excellent, I just... would add a hell of a lot more stuff.

Now if there's one game sequel that I would personally dedicate myself to, I'd make a sequel to Rocket Slime.

PS: I second Grandia 2 on DS!
Almost every RPG I like :P

But more specifically: Cyber Knight 2 with better detail both in graphics and story as well as improve mechs (Modules) designs and make it clear which is the proportion between characters and Modules :P
author=Canuck link=topic=1964.msg36078#msg36078 date=1223278962

I'd remake 7th Saga. Slight graphical enhancements, more balanced characters, more intelligent reliationship with other characters, a few nice secrets, and that'd be about it.

Man it was a great game.

You sir, are after my own heart. Here I thought I was the only fan of that game!

I would deepen the hatred between Valsu and Lejes, and give each character a different ending in addition to your suggestions.

I would remake Valkyrie Profile Lenneth. Didn't like it at all and could have been much better.
author=demondestiny link=topic=1964.msg37076#msg37076 date=1223696487
I would remake Valkyrie Profile Lenneth. Didn't like it at all and could have been much better.

Wow.

Talk about different wavelengths.
author=Karsuman link=topic=1964.msg37110#msg37110 date=1223700199
author=demondestiny link=topic=1964.msg37076#msg37076 date=1223696487

Wow.

Talk about different wavelengths.

I really liked Silmeria (or whatever it was called) for the ps2 but Lenneth didn't interest me at all.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank

Man it was a great game.

You are my hero.

I loved this game. The North American version was messed up because of a stupid bug in the stat progression system, which made everyone think (know) it was unreasonably difficult to beat apprentices at higher levels.
author=harmonic link=topic=1964.msg37197#msg37197 date=1223750442

Man it was a great game.

You are my hero.

I loved this game. The North American version was messed up because of a stupid bug in the stat progression system, which made everyone think (know) it was unreasonably difficult to beat apprentices at higher levels.

Yeah, Esuna and Valsu are particularly NASTY to face at high levels. That's why you make those two your FRIEND if at all possible!

Final Fantasy.
I'd give it an actual story, aside from 3 paragraph monolauge after you cross the bridge.
Then I would add more classes, more character customization, and get rid of the D'ND esque spell system.
EX.:1white magic left
3black magic left
Terranigma. Best underrated SNES action-JRPG ever. And trust me, that IS saying something.
author=lichlord link=topic=1964.msg37674#msg37674 date=1223929331
Final Fantasy.
I'd give it an actual story, aside from 3 paragraph monolauge after you cross the bridge.
Then I would add more classes, more character customization, and get rid of the D'ND esque spell system.
EX.:1white magic left
3black magic left

But it DID have a story. It was just up to you to have an imagination for what your characters would do along that story. You made your characters, how could the programmers have made too much? I hate how people always compare it to newer games and say that it's outclassed, I LOVED the original FF.

There are remakes of the game that made an all together MP system like newer RPGs, but I thought there was some real charm in that system. I was mad that the remakes pulled that, too.
EarthBound needs a remake! ... I wanted to see what everyone loved about that game, but when i played it I was like wtf? ... the graphics look weird and it was just boring to me
author=VerifyedRasta link=topic=1964.msg39736#msg39736 date=1224880035
EarthBound needs a remake! ... I wanted to see what everyone loved about that game, but when i played it I was like wtf? ... the graphics look weird and it was just boring to me

I hope you're walking somewhere and you trip and fall on something sharp. Also, just in case you feel like crapping on more GOLD go to http://mother3.fobby.net
author=Natook link=topic=1964.msg40031#msg40031 date=1225052917

I hope you're walking somewhere and you trip and fall on something sharp. Also, just in case you feel like crapping on more GOLD go to http://mother3.fobby.net

Lol so you want me to die because I didn't like Earthbound?
author=VerifyedRasta link=topic=1964.msg40043#msg40043 date=1225058808

Lol so you want me to die because I didn't like Earthbound?

SHUN THE NONBELIEVER

I didn't like Earthbound, but I absolutely adore Mother 3. Try to keep an open mind... For once.