I AM HERE TO DISCUSS FEELINGS??

this is the most embarrassing thread
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
That's already the plan. Has been for a while, but I've gotta have something really good and complete before I put it up.

The reason this forum does seem so useless is because it and the marketing branch of the site are diametrically opposed in purpose.

Getting 10k hits on Desura speaks of it a bit clearer as a more reliable platform that gets me hit once a month if I'm lucky.

And that's not even the fault of my going on the forums they've always been that shit.

Frankly, and quite honestly. I think my games deserve better treatment than they've gotten. I think my games are what really defines where my heart is at.

I don't mind poor treatment, the treatment they get is 'pretty much nothing', and this has been the case long before I was a public enemy.

Deep down all I seek is the approval of my games, not me.

Ofcourse, I expect disapproval, and that's good, too! Because game making is an ever-growing process for me.

Nothing at all? Well, just because my games get fuck all attention isn't the reason I'm doing this, but it may be a domino that hit another on the way to the eventual effect.

It feels a bit wrong, muscling haters off into ignorance, but, you know what they say, you can't please everyone!

It's time to stop trying to get everyone to like me, and instead cater to those who aren't trying to tell me to be something I'm not.

SO THEREFORE I, THE GREAT PAPYRUSBIZ, HAVE ELECTED TO GRANT YOU PITY!

I'll be going now. I have much to do. And much to think about.

author=mawk
this is the most embarrassing thread
Hey, at least you were smart enough not to take the bait!

I'd be embarrassed, too!
I mostly mean that you can probably hash a personal crisis like this out without going on for six pages about your 'power' and other maudlin stuff

and you can probably avoid trying so hard to sell people on the idea that any kind of interaction with you (incl. laughing at you for the scene you're making) is 'taking the bait', if you try

you wanna make games? go right ahead. you want more attention for 'em? hey, cool. but just 'cause everybody loves to stand around and comment on a train wreck, don't think the whole forum's hanging on your decision

you're here right now because a lot of people want to see games getting made more than they wanna see someone burn out and get punished for the nonsense they've done. don't forget that.
@BM
Your games got as much chance to get liked as anyones elses games, at least in the beginning. I've said it before but your method of getting people to play your games is to shove it down their throats over and over. You're the forums equivalent of a phone salesman.
You have only yourself to blame that people got tired of your spam and basically just scrolled past it like it was an advertisement.

I haven't played your games, but judging by your videos and screenshots they look like the kind of games young teenagers would like, with juvenile humor and the MS Paint style basically reinforces that. Alot of people here seem to be at least 15+. Maybe you're in the wrong place.

Another thing. Drop the voice acting. You're not cut out for it.
Oooor don't drop the voice acting and keep doing the thing you want to do.
(not that that'd help you with the popularity though but ehh... popularity is arguable. RMN isn't exactly a big community. Try tumblr. Or greenlight.)
He gone til at least the end of January. Pls ignore.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I hope BM doesn't get banned just to deny him any satisfaction. :P

author=BowelMovement
There's no personal problems from where I'm standing, but I dunno some people think I'm a douche, well, that's your problem now, dearies!

I actually thought your games were unique and interesting, in spite of the bad art, so I'm certain I, and a lot of others didn't initially associate you with being a douche!

You control your own actions, man. This community's negative opinion of you was earned, it didn't come from nowhere.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=BizarreMonkey
But perhaps there are better ways in which I could be utilized. I'd have to think on it. Just know that whatever the endgame, it needs to have a pretty positive bonus for me in it. I'm incredibly self-serving, I make no attempt to engage in anything I've no interest in unless it's something I want to mock, in which I'll engage in it purely to mock it, that's just how I roll.

author=BizarreMonkey
Suffice it to say society and myself have been at odds ever since I've been 8, and since 15 until recently I've lived essentially as a hermit.

He's been "alone" for so long; all he needs is a friend.

author=BizarreMonkey
I mean it's sorta cool of you to single me out and I feel special but come on...

I'm blackmailing a forum to ban me and you fucks still wont ban me!

I hate you all.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Petition to make BM a mod. I am tossing in my vote.
author=SnowOwl
@BM
Your games got as much chance to get liked as anyones elses games, at least in the beginning. I've said it before but your method of getting people to play your games is to shove it down their throats over and over. You're the forums equivalent of a phone salesman.
You have only yourself to blame that people got tired of your spam and basically just scrolled past it like it was an advertisement.

I haven't played your games, but judging by your videos and screenshots they look like the kind of games young teenagers would like, with juvenile humor and the MS Paint style basically reinforces that. Alot of people here seem to be at least 15+. Maybe you're in the wrong place.

Another thing. Drop the voice acting. You're not cut out for it.

I tried them right when he popped up, in the flood of new games.
It plays exactly like you experience bm. an onslaught of randomness. I couldn't stand it, but people more similar to him would prolly get a kick out of it.
ESBY
extreme disappointment
lol, fucking pissant thinks they matter
I would try meditation. It should calm you down, and release all thoughts. Try to meditate at least 10 minutes, and then work yourself up to 20-30 minutes. You might start to feel better. Also don't focus so much on the negative as that is unhealthy and reverts back to old habits.

While you're meditating. Try to imagine you're sitting on endless grassy field enjoying the wind, and everything else around you. The grass, the sky, etc.
I'm a bubble tea addict. So many flavors.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=Kaliesto
I would try meditation. It should calm you down, and release all thoughts. Try to meditate at least 10 minutes, and then work yourself up to 20-30 minutes. You might start to feel better. Also don't focus so much on the negative as that is unhealthy and reverts back to old habits.

While you're meditating. Try to imagine you're sitting on endless grassy field enjoying the wind, and everything else around you. The grass, the sky, etc.

author=JosephSeraph
or drinking bubble tea

Both are excellent advice :D

Seriously, meditating is awesome. The key is mindfulness; be aware of the thoughts going through your mind, and try not to get distracted by angry or unpleasant thoughts. Just relax and chill out ^_^
I get bored when I try it, personally. how do people typically deal with that?
Usually by focusing on sensations strongly. So intently listening to your own heartbeat or breath or stuff like that. Is a shift of focus, not always possible.
Learn to relax and drop all thoughts of killing white cis men.