The Trilogy (Part 3)
16%
Triple Trials
4%
Other
13%

Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Awww... I wanted one of the team ones, Trilogy 1 seems hard because you have to do it on your own... :(
Voting is still open, for now.

It's going to be pretty lenient, since it's not a competition but an event. It'll start on Friday and run til, hm... Monday? 4 days sounds fine, total. It's about having fun and the more the merrier.

No hidden themes!
I don't know if it's been suggested but would doing a birthday themed game be too obvious.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Cool. Guess it's (almost) time to make the "three white mage rpg" i joked with Joser about ~
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
The Trilogy (Part 1) is really winning, heh?

Making one game is hard enough, I can't even imagine making a trilogy in 9 hours LOL!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
My understanding about The Trilogy (part 1) is that it's split up into three days, with the aim of making one game in three hours per day?
Yep.

Keep in mind it's for a fun challenge, it doesn't have to be a serious game - something silly like, idk, quest for bananas or a series of minigames or the like. Short and sweet!
Come my fellow Trilogy 1's, we must stay ahead of the others!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
author=Liberty
Again, we're not making masterpieces here. It's for fun and community - they're not going to get game pages, they're just to share in a thread and laugh over to celebrate the birthday.

If you've already decided this, why are you asking us? It seems like if this is a poll, we should be the ones to decide what we want to do.

Maybe you should do another poll with the winner of this poll vs. an event where the time spent on gam mak is at least 30x the expected length of the game. It takes way more than three hours of gam mak to make a three hour long game. Like, I was in one of the three-hour events before, and I worked as hard and as fast as I possibly could, and the game I made was under five minutes long and still didn't work.

author=CashmereCat
I just want to clarify again that "3 hour game" means you work 3 hours on it, not that it has to be 3 hours. I remember working on the birthday game for 8 hours, and the game was still incredibly short (mine was one of the longer ones!).
Triple Trials and The Trilogy Part 2 are three-hour-long games. They both specifically also list the amount of time you're supposed to spend on them (one day each for Trilogy 2, and three hours each for Triple Trials).
mjshi
Jack of Most Trades
My "other" vote belongs to Ocean's idea. I'd hate to be that person at the end assembling all the maps together, though.
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
LockeZ... you're misunderstanding. Of course Liberty doesn't mean you should make a 3 hour long game. Most people can't do that at all, even if they try for several years. Don't think irrationally. Of course she didn't mean that. Your interpretation of the words that she wrote is incredibly problematic.

Also, the poll was about which option we wanted for the birthday event. She could have chosen it for us, and been completely justified in doing so, but she decided to leave it up to the public, as a kind of fun exercise. When you say "if you've already decided this", what are you referring to her having already decided? She is still waiting for the poll results to fully come through before she decides which event she is going to hold.
No, they're not 3 hour long games. They're all games made in 3 hours. I've said that quite a few times. There was NEVER a 'make a 3 hour long game' part of this event.

We are having ice-cream. What flavour would you like?
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
Choclate or Vanilla, please!

Oh and yes, a 3-hour game would take FOREVER... Which is why it's make it in 3 hours, not a 3 hour game to be made.
author=mjshi
My "other" vote belongs to Ocean's idea. I'd hate to be that person at the end assembling all the maps together, though.

That would fall to me. I've experience doing that, so it's not too much trouble. If that doesn't win this time, I'll probably use it for another event some time since it's a neat idea.
author=Kloe
Choclate or Vanilla, please!

Oh and yes, a 3-hour game would take FOREVER... Which is why it's make it in 3 hours, not a 3 hour game to be made.

It doesn't need to be serious,You don't even need to have monsters or stats (since i suck at those)..you have the right to go wild.right?
iddalai
RPG Maker 2k/2k3 for life, baby!!
Chocolate please :D
Punkitt
notorious rpgmaker 2k3 shill
Aw jeez, three hours for one game? Alright then.
Are we allowed to prepare resources ahead of time?
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Wait why does one of them say "three hours to play, three hours to make" if it's not supposed to take three hours to play?

Why does the other one say it's made "over the course of the 3 days" if it's made in three hours?

I don't understand what these are supposed to be then.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
muhahaha, 3+3+3 = 9 is now winning! When does voting close?
3 Hours in which to play all the other games made. So there'd be 3 scheduled times during the weekend that people would jump on together, make the games and then play them straight after and comment on what they played (so 6 hours total - 3 to make, 3 to play). Pretty sure that was easily understood. :/

Hm, how about end of Monday for voting to end. That gives almost a week to set up and get things ready.