NHL 2019 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS / POOL PREDICTION THREAD

Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Yeah, it's basically Kory vs. Shinan now. Spice
My round 2 picks don't depend on the Washington/Carolina game so here's mine!

ROUND 2
FIGHT
St. Louis over Dallas in 6
Colorado over San Jose in 4
Columbus over Boston in 5
Islanders over whoever in 6
I wonder how Bizarro Kentona fared...

E:
"Maple Leafs fans put Game 7 blame on Justin Bieber" this is a real headline
Wow. Carolina did it!!

Canes in 6
Blue Jackets in 7
Sharks in 6
Blues in 5
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Blues over Stars In 6
Avalanche over Sharks In 7
Blue Jackets over Bruins In 5
Islanders over Canes In 6

I actually changed my pics and they're now very close to grs's.
author=Cap_H
Yeah, it's basically Kory vs. Shinan now.

Yeah, pretty much…especially if one of them happens to get the full value out of that Columbus and Boston series then there’s probably no stopping either of them in the end for the rest of us without a little help... Although it’s still mathematically possible for everyone to still win the pool, the rest of us are going to have SERIOUSLY step up our predictions in the later rounds in order to have a fighting chance, including yours truly, lol.

And, yeah - holy shit - good job Narcodis and Kory for picking the Hurricanes to win - especially Narcodis who was right about the whole Hurricanes upsetting the Capitals in seven. And, because of that, he rockets up into second place in the standings! Nicely done.

So the next deadline to get everyone’s second round picks in is by Monday, April 29th @ 4 P.M. PST. just an hour before the start of Game 3 of the Stars and Blues series. I’ll add everyone’s second round picks that they’ve already made (including making my own for Round 2) sometime by tomorrow, as I’m too tired to do it right now and have to get ready for bed for work tomorrow! But, yeah, good luck in the second round you guys! May the best choke artist prevail.

author=kentona
"Maple Leafs fans put Game 7 blame on Justin Bieber" this is a real headline

I’m surprised that they didn’t blame the ghost of Harold Ballard for this latest blunder.
SunflowerGames
The most beautiful user on RMN!

Blues over Stars in 7
Sharks over Avalanche in 6
Islanders over Hurricanes in 6
Blue Jackets over Bruins in 5
Blues over Stars in 5
Sharks over Avalanche in 7
Hurricanes over Islanders in 6
Blue Jackets over Bruins in 7
Alright. So now that I’ve had some time to think about it, I’m going to go with…

Stars over Blues In 7
Sharks over Avalanche In 5
Blue Jackets over Bruins In 6
Islanders over Hurricanes In 7

I’m SO, SO torn on the Blues and Stars series that I’ve gone back and forth about it on who I think is going to win in my head about six different times. But I ultimately decided on the Stars because I have this funny feeling about them that they might be able to do it…plus everyone else is picking the Blues to win so I need to go off the board a little bit in order to catch up, lol. The other ones I feel pretty confident in.

So all I need now is Shinan’s 2nd Round Picks and everything is good!
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
Oh, I should have stuck with Boston again.
Bruins over Blue Jackets in 5
Islanders over Hurricanes in 7
Stars over Blues in 6
Sharks over Avalanche in 6
author=Cap_H
Oh, I should have stuck with Boston again.

It’s only been one game! Relax. Believe in the cannons.

And I got your 2nd Round Picks in, Shinan. Thanks a lot. :)
So the jerks managed to sweep the f**king Islanders last night because OF COURSE THEY DID! With the way things have been going throughout the entire playoffs thus far - does this REALLY surprise anybody???

The only ones who manage to see through the eye of the storm were Narcodis and Kentona, who both picked up 2 points to keep their pool dreams alive for at least a couple more days…potentially...

And with the Hurricanes making short work of the “supposedly” well-rested Islanders - I’m now 1 for 9 in this pool thus far! Proving to everyone that just because you watch hockey all the time doesn’t mean diddly-squat in the grand scheme of things.

…God damn it.

EDIT: Also, I just did a quick number’s crunch to check on something, but with the Hurricanes winning their series now, Kory will virtually finish in 1st place REGARDLESS of what happens in either of the three remaining series’ that are left in the second round. He hasn’t “officially” clinched 1st place, like, for the whole pool, but he can’t fall out of top spot going into the final two rounds. As for who's finishing in the last place? Well...that can still change among several people going down the stretch, so that one's still up in the air for now (although I'm probably the front-runner for that one right now, lol.)
SunflowerGames

I can't lose this round, but if certain things happen this round it could screw me over for the rest of the pool. If the Bruins beat Columbus and Shinan gets the right things to go his way in round 3 and 4 = sad day for me. A couple lucky guesses in the next rounds could help those close to me too.
Cap_H
DIGITAL IDENTITY CRISIS
I might end up getting 0 points from the second round.
The only thing I get points for are the Bruins, but I get good points from them.
SunflowerGames

I'm at least guaranteed 1 point in this round. Hopefully I can pick up 6 after it's all said and done. I just can't side with Boston, so for sure going for the Canes in round 3.
goddamn bruins no one likes you go away
As much as I absolutely DESPISE the Bruins and that god damn rat of theirs, them beating the Blue Jackets last night actually did all of us (except Kory) a HUGE favor, because if the Blue Jackets managed to hold on to force a Game 7 and then win the series almost half of us would have been eliminated on the spot. Sooo…thanks, Boston…I guess??? *shutter*

And, also, apparently, if the Sharks managed to win the other night in overtime against the Avalanche, GreatRedSpirit would have been officially eliminated, so he manages to cheat death for another day!

I could be officially eliminated tonight if St. Louis manages to win, so I’m praying to the hockey gods that Dallas can do it and give me some sweet salvation for now, because how absolutely pathetic would it be that the guy who watches hockey the most is the one who gets eliminated first, lol. I can’t have that happen!

So go Stars go! Don't be like Tampa Bay and have all my dreams crushed in one night.

author=kory_toombs
I just can't side with Boston, so for sure going for the Canes in round 3.

I would vote for the jerks in the next round as well but I may end up having to vote for the Bruins (ugh…) in order to save my ass in the next round and keep my playoff pool dreams alive… Of course, if the Blues end up spoiling the party tonight, then I’ll vote for the jerks.

author=kentona
goddamn bruins no one likes you go away

Yeah, but "he" does: