WORST SICKNESS THING

Pages: first prev 123 next last
author=waytogo24 link=topic=2628.msg57488#msg57488 date=1232593297
I don't ever get flu shots for some reason)

What age are you. Normally when you turn 15 i think it is your supposed to get the flu shot.
I've never gotten a flu shot in my life.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=2628.msg57496#msg57496 date=1232593956
I've never gotten a flu shot in my life.

your lucky, even with the flu shot i manage to get the flu at least once every month.
Jesus Christ, that sounds absolutely terrible. That's not even normal, man.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=2628.msg57500#msg57500 date=1232594783

well i've been checked up plenty of times and nothing has been found wrong with me that could be the cause of it so i just have to deal with it.
author=demondestiny link=topic=2628.msg57502#msg57502 date=1232595007

well i've been checked up plenty of times and nothing has been found wrong with me that could be the cause of it so i just have to deal with it.

Do you mean the stomach flu, or Influenza?

Cause Influenza will kill you, man.
I rarely get sick at all. The only fault with my immune system is poison ivy. That stuff freaking sucks. I've figured out how to "naturally" get rid of it quick though, by just biting into my arm (or wherever it is) until it's a little raw, and then wash it with really hot water to burn out the oil from the poison ivy. It's stops itching generally by the next day, sometimes longer, and then it starts clearing up by day 3-4. Much quicker than waiting it out for a few weeks and being miserable the whole time and rubbing crappy lotion that doesn't do crap to it.

Sounds really painful and it is, but it's not nearly as bad as just having your own body remove the poison itself. Takes way too long.
author=aprilschild link=topic=2628.msg57505#msg57505 date=1232595606

Stomach Flu.
Well, not that it is necessarily a sickness, but I commonly get the WORST headaches you can imaging. Worst of all, they always stay with me! It's a pounding above my left ear (ALWAYS on the left) and no matter what I do, it never goes away. Most of the time I'll wake up with it, and that just ruins my entire day. I think it is either a migrane, or cluster headache.

At any rate, I get them a LOT!
author=demondestiny link=topic=2628.msg57508#msg57508 date=1232596779
author=aprilschild link=topic=2628.msg57505#msg57505 date=1232595606

Stomach Flu.

I had that, all through middle and high school. Everyone either thought I was bulimic or pregnant, it was really embarrassing! But when I hit college it just went away, except for this one time I had to go to the hospital.

Flu shots won't do anything for that. They are for Influenza.
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=2628.msg57474#msg57474 date=1232592146
I used to have a really sensitive respiratory system as a kid, but growing up, as I got more active and physically fit, I don't really get sick anymore. I don't think I've ever had a major illness or had to take any real medications or anything like that. I attribute most of it through diet and exercise. That's really important.

Is your diet dairy-free, red meat free, lactose free and gluten free? :P Having diseases that you can't stop from happening (e.g. Crohn's disease) can't be prevented with diet and exercise but I know that it can help. Exercising under constant pain is tough though.
"Stomach Flu" isn't really influenza, though. Influenza is a lung infection. Stomach flu is usually the Norwalk virus (and is quite common). Try googling it.

I had a terrible bout of food poisoning once the day before my 16th birthday. It sucked.
NoblemanNick
I'm bringing this world back for you and for me.
I'm pretty healthy and don't usually get sick thank God. But the worst I ever had was definably when I was younger when I had the Chicken Pox. Oh the horror, I didn't eat for like two weeks becuase I couldn't keep anything down and I just couldn't eat. What cured it was when my dad brought home McDonalds. Then my Chicken Pox went away. The miracle food of McDonalds.
author=ZPE link=topic=2628.msg57557#msg57557 date=1232638377
author=Feldschlacht IV link=topic=2628.msg57474#msg57474 date=1232592146
I used to have a really sensitive respiratory system as a kid, but growing up, as I got more active and physically fit, I don't really get sick anymore. I don't think I've ever had a major illness or had to take any real medications or anything like that. I attribute most of it through diet and exercise. That's really important.

Is your diet dairy-free, red meat free, lactose free and gluten free? :P Having diseases that you can't stop from happening (e.g. Crohn's disease) can't be prevented with diet and exercise but I know that it can help. Exercising under constant pain is tough though.

Hahaha, no, I eat everything in front of me, although I do have some rules; I don't drink soda, I'm a light drinker (I will get drunk though), and I stay away from processed foods and make sure to take multivitamins. Besides from that, I also work out religiously and take care of my body and hygiene, and those are things everyone can do to make themselves very healthy.

And of course I understand chronic diseases can't be prevented, however trying to stay as healthy as you can will help to maintain them and help you feel better.
The worst sickness I gotta say is having the flu because you always feel horrible while having a bad sore throat and having diarrhea every day :(
Stuff that gives you a virtual death sentence, and makes you suffer slowly and painfully while you approach the end of it.
Man, yesterday I had a fever of 102.6*F.

I was ridiculously sick.
Asthma. Freaking sucks when you want to go out and play, or want to hit the gym, or want to do just about anything, and instead you just stop breathing can't breathe very deep breaths. Now that I'm older, it's not as bad. But it'll be with me the rest of my life.
Pages: first prev 123 next last