36 DAYS LEFT - THE COUNTDOWN TO BRAWL

Was looking forward to celebrating the end of year with Brawl but that's ruined. Really wanna play it as it has Sonic in it. It's about bloody time they put him in. He is a really cool character.
120 Days Left- The Countdown to Brawl (Feb. 10, 2008) from Sunday, Oct. 14, 2007

Is it really 120 days- nearly a third of a year- to Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Consider what comes before Brawl now:

OCTOBER
-Boss's Day (Oct. 16)
-Sweetest Day (Oct. 20)
-Change to Standard Time (Oct. 28 outside US/Nov. 4 in America)
-Halloween (Oct. 31)

NOVEMBER
-Super Mario Galaxy (Nov. 12/16*/29**) Why is this being overlooked?
-About a half billion games (Nov. 13)
-Thanksgiving (America, Nov. 22)
-Black Friday (Nov. 23) Good in this case. When many retailers turn a profit for the year.

*in Australia/ **in Europe

DECEMBER
-Hanukkah/Chanukah (mid Dec.)
-First Day of Winter (Summer) (Dec. 22)
-Christmas (Dec. 25) Probably won't be getting a Wii.
-Kwanzaa (Dec. 26- Jan. 1)
-New Year's Eve (Dec. 31) I'll have to settle for SSBM again.

JANUARY AND EARLY FEBRUARY 2008
-New Year's Day (Jan. 1)
-Chinese New Year (mid to late Jan.)
-Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Jan. 14)
-1/18/08 movie (Jan. 18)
-Coldest Day of the Year (Hottest?) (Jan. 21)
-Black Wednesday (Jan. 24) The day that holiday cheer wears off...
-Groundhog Day (Feb. 2)
-Super Bowl XLII (Feb. 3)

I think Europe will have Valentine's Day and Spring Breaks (and perhaps the start of Spring, and maybe even Easter) before they see SSBB, though. It may be past Easter and the first day of Fall (their Fall, meaning March) in Australia, as well. Yes, Easter is in Q1 next year, in fact it's March 23rd, the earliest Easter I've ever heard of.

Then Super Smash Bros. Brawl arrives about a month before some of us go BACK to Daylight Saving Time on March 9. Yeah, I'm going to be too busy enjoying some of the events above.
Speaking of xmas, my parents are buying a Wii so that the kids (read: the youngest is 21, the oldest in 33) come home more often. The thing is, it'll probably work.

Too bad about their being no Brawl.

And why is everyone else's Thanksgiving so late? The harvest is in (and I should know, living in Saskatchewan).
ours isn't late, son. yours is early

damn foreigners.
Lol, Canadians are foreigners? Anyway, the answers are all here: http://poisonkitchen.typepad.com/politics/2003/11/the_story_of_ca.html

besides, I agree with kentona, it makes much more sense celebrating thanksgiving when the farming season is out...

Now, back on topic, I have recently been very intrigued by SSBB. I have been following it on a site called "Smash Bros Dojo", which has many amazing features. Turns out that they have a stage creator, and by using it, you can submit your own stages to Nintendo. Then, each day, they send a level out to everyone's wii, and you get a stage per day to try, next day, the old one is deleted, and a new one comes in!

Can't wait to try it, and yes, I am excited for sonic too.
myersguy, PLESAE POST THAT LINK!!!!!

Even if it's too late to use it, I still want to see it!
Um, Smash Dojo has been up for months. Seriously.

@Quiversee: http://www.smashbros.com/

Click and choose your language.

On more recent topics, Metaknight's special moves make me REALLY hate what they're doing to him. They're practically nerfing him from the start. I mean, some of the moves can be used for some pretty nice things, but he's probably going to be one of those "hard-to-play-well" type of characters. So, yeah, I'm probably going to stick with my Pikachu. I might try out Ike, but his moves aren't exactly impressing me very much...

Ah well, only playing will tell. And I'll probably be playing on a game that is not my own. Unless Christmas is amazingly nice to me this year. Or I actually get a TON of money soon. Or before college. Or sometime.
Thank you trance2!!

I only made the reply asking because I googled it and I couldn't find the link. I took a quick look, and so far, I'm disappointed with all the characters they removed! I'm gonna miss playing Marth and Roy. :'( Hopefully Ike can be a nice substitute. About the only others I'll miss are Dr. Mario, Luigi, and the three unlockable pokemon.
author=myersguy link=topic=264.msg5103#msg5103 date=1195179462
Now, back on topic, I have recently been very intrigued by SSBB. I have been following it on a site called "Smash Bros Dojo", which has many amazing features. Turns out that they have a stage creator, and by using it, you can submit your own stages to Nintendo. Then, each day, they send a level out to everyone's wii, and you get a stage per day to try, next day, the old one is deleted, and a new one comes in!

Can't wait to try it, and yes, I am excited for sonic too.

That sounds freaking sweet. Please submit the link onto this site.
There's no definitive evidence that those characters have been removed, Quiversee. It's more than possible, but of course they'd never reveal all the characters that they'll have. We'll probably still have Jigglypuff (she's been in since the original), and maybe Marth, though who knows about that. Roy is mostly toast, I think, since he was an inferior Marth clone.
author=Quiversee link=topic=264.msg5117#msg5117 date=1195186040
I took a quick look, and so far, I'm disappointed with all the characters they removed! I'm gonna miss playing Marth and Roy. :'( Hopefully Ike can be a nice substitute. About the only others I'll miss are Dr. Mario, Luigi, and the three unlockable pokemon.

It is true that the characters shown on the DOJO website are not the only ones included in the game. I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw some ssbb screens showing more players that weren't listed under characters, Im sure Ill find it again sometime.
author=myersguy link=topic=264.msg5196#msg5196 date=1195347539
author=Quiversee link=topic=264.msg5117#msg5117 date=1195186040
I took a quick look, and so far, I'm disappointed with all the characters they removed! I'm gonna miss playing Marth and Roy. :'( Hopefully Ike can be a nice substitute. About the only others I'll miss are Dr. Mario, Luigi, and the three unlockable pokemon.

It is true that the characters shown on the DOJO website are not the only ones included in the game. I can't remember where I saw it, but I saw some ssbb screens showing more players that weren't listed under characters, Im sure Ill find it again sometime.

Do you remember what characters they were?

author=trance2 link=topic=264.msg5120#msg5120 date=1195188493
There's no definitive evidence that those characters have been removed, Quiversee. It's more than possible, but of course they'd never reveal all the characters that they'll have. We'll probably still have Jigglypuff (she's been in since the original), and maybe Marth, though who knows about that. Roy is mostly toast, I think, since he was an inferior Marth clone.

Good point on that, except about Roy. I liked him better because of his superior strength and reduced speed. I like playing with speed, but Marth was a little too fast. Marth was inferior to Roy in my opinion.

On the rest, I hope your right.
author=trance2 link=topic=264.msg5120#msg5120 date=1195188493
Roy is mostly toast, I think, since he was an inferior Marth clone.

I don't think Roy is in it. I am pretty sure i read that on the official brawl site.
author=trance2 link=topic=264.msg5116#msg5116 date=1195185406
I actually get a TON of money soon. Or before college. Or sometime.

Get a job you slacker.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
author=demondestiny link=topic=264.msg5118#msg5118 date=1195188250
That sounds freaking sweet. Please submit the link onto this site.
Uh, it was already posted. It's www.smashbros.com
Silly me. Thanks for posting it again. :-[
I really hope to see Ness appear at least as a costume change for Lucas. He was always my favorite 8).

I also hope that Mother 2 and 3 will see Virtual Console releases prior to SSBB's release! That would rock.

And as for more character requests... well, of course Mega Man would be rocking. I'm kinda doubtful, but you never know! I figure there's got to be several more character announcements before the launch, since they bothered to announce lousy King Dedede after Sonic. Who knows, maybe they pushed the date back in part to accomodate some really awesome third-party character that they only now got permission to add?

One thing I'm excited about: Single-player sounds like fun. I think it's interesting that they're trying to tell an actual storyline this time. I'm a lot more interested in it now than I was a few months ago when it was first announced! Also, here's a second thing I'm excited about: the random stage creator, as well as the many cool, varied stages (as long as there's enough 'normal' stages where the winner isn't whoever dodges the lava, doesn't fall in the water, etc. etc.)

One thing I'm worried about: I know balance is never perfect with these games, but I'm just worried about Smash Balls. Obviously some are worse than others, e.g. Peach, maybe DK or Samus. Besides that, I read a preview about how Smash Balls aren't like other item pick-ups; they appear on stage, but have to be activated first by getting hit enough. This means that when a Smash Ball appears, most fighting ceases while everybody chases around the Smash Ball, beating the crap out of it and trying to take and use it first. I also read that they're more frequent than once a match- a preview that was done a little after Sonic was announced stated that Sonic was using his Final Smash several times a match, absolutely clobbering the opponent and removing any sense of competition. Final Smashes may be cool, but if they're that unbalancing for the game, then I'm taking them out whenever I can :P.
I don't think they've ever done GBA games on the virtual console? Mother 2 would be cool though. Mother too.