SEND ME IN COACH! REVIEW EVENT

My review of Blizz ABS Arcade has been submitted.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I had a review for Super RMN Brothers, but it was, in the end, denied on the grounds of lacking detail and a better degree of honesty regarding the content of the game.

I've modified the sections that I believed were the culprits of this denial, but do I have to delete the entry, then submit from scratch, or do I just need to edit the submission?

I'm such a noob...
Well, it's probably best to resubmit a new review.
Okay, this ends for realz this time today.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
OK, kentona, I just submitted my review for Channel Changer 3. At least a few people took advantage of the extended deadline.

post=140651
There's not much time left on this, but I'll still give it a shot. I didn't get much that had downloads on the page that I got, but Avantasia The Game didn't have any review stars, and is apparently complete, so I guess it's the best choice.

I also got Dragon Hunter though, and am a little tempted to try it, but I get the feeling that it's one review pretty much covered it. XD

gf, I should have something earlier, but I don't think anybody has been able to beat ATG. I myself got stuck after a good amount of gameplay. So don't feel bad if you weren't able to finish it for this event.
I see it in the queue, but the score and the last sentence of the review don't jive. Did you want to revise it before I accept it?
edchuy
OK. I did a little addition to the text of the last part. The score for that section accounts for other miscellaneous things I noticed while playing and should jive now a little bit better with the text. The actual overall rating I gave it, if you didn't notice is all the way at the beginning of the review. Let me know if you still think it has a problem and what you think specifically might be the issue so I can correct it. Thanks!
All I saw really was Score 2.5 and then the stars below at 3/5 and thought something was amiss.
edchuy
I guess that's all she wrote for Send Me in Coach!, unless you include Marrend's when his gets accepted.
With 9 reviews (I will accept Marrend's) in 12 days, we had less than a winning record and lost in the quarterfinals.

Coach is MAD.
That's because you asked people to play AND review games they would most likely not play otherwise, and many of them didn't even need reviews.
edchuy
Oh well, I guess people prefer their comfort zone: benchwarming!
I can't give up my elusive 666 makerscore that easily! Plus I've been labusy
edchuy
post=141456
I can't give up my elusive 666 makerscore that easily! Plus I've been labusy

Yes, the DEVIL is in the details!
post=141454
That's because you asked people to play AND review games they would most likely not play otherwise, and many of them didn't even need reviews.
That is kind of the point of these review events - reviewing games that people probably wouldn't review if left to their own devices.

And it is unfair to say that "many of them didn't even need reviews", since the games selected were completely random and by what standard is "review need" calculated?

We will have another Review Event sometime in the future.
I'm going to participate, once I remove a bunch of MMOs from my computer so it'll download RM games again. :X

Okay, done. Oh joy. I got Swordscape as mine. >.<
post=141473
And it is unfair to say that "many of them didn't even need reviews", since the games selected were completely random and by what standard is "review need" calculated?

Games that have no reviews, games whose creator want reviews, games that deserve more attention. That's a fair standard.

I like review events, but I liked zero-to-many better.
post=141543
post=141473
Games that have no reviews, games whose creator want reviews, games that deserve more attention. That's a fair standard.

I like review events, but I liked zero-to-many better.

It's strange. Swordscape is actually... good. Once I got past the dull repetitive first parts, I got into a well mapped, half-decent storylined dungeon-runner.

Mine's done.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/1919/reviews/968/
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Looks like I have to do another re-write, it seems.

I can take the reasoning of "analysis is not terribly thorough". That, I can fix, assuming I can figure out what part of my anylsis is not thorough enough. If it means that all of it wasn't thorough enough, I'm basically screwed.

I'm not quite understanding of the reasoning behind "formatting is awkward and unprofessional" when it's basically the same format as my other reviews.

*waits in in terror as my other reviews become victimized*

Anyhow, I was considering forgetting about it, and moving along. Are you guys are absolutely counting on my review? If that's the case, I'd probably have to play the game again to get my bearings strait.